Gaming Nintendo likes money and the marketplace is dumb enough to give it to them

• Thread starter Deleted User
  • Start date
  • Views 21,701
  • Replies 277
  • Likes 34
S

Saiyan Lusitano

OP
Nintendo definitely knows what their customers want but they're just too stubborn and sometimes take far too long to release it. Pokémon RPG for the Switch is going to be a must. :)

Spider_Man

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
first off, the market place isn't being dump. Why go buy a dieing console and a game that is still 60 bucks on that dead console. When you can buy a new console, that is likely to be supported AND have features the other system doesn't AND since that game was on obscure console it was wise to port it over. Why are complaining about this? Its like getting angry that sega ported sonic adventure from their dead dreamcast to the gamecube. LIKE SERIOUSLY, grow up.

its when nothing major has been done that couldnt have or should have been done in the wii u.

its when you get a company that cant be bothered to release a console anymore, they just slap a gimmick on old hardware to make it sell and now just port its old games.

recall nintendo fans claiming how nintendo release the best first parties...... erm still waiting to see anything thats not been my problem with em, recycled crap or shovelware based on its gimmick controllers.

remove nintendo titles, what else is there.

these are the issues people find with nintendo and why nintendo is no longer the main leader, its now left to sony or ms consoles that take the lead.

give it more time, people will be like meh when it comes to the switch because it wont have anything and yes it is a matter of time before people think yea waving my arms around like a maniac hmmmm not really that much fun now considering majority of the other games are this.

i recall its sales have already started to fall, reports say in the US and UK its not doing good and no surprise its doing good in japan.

ill give it a year from now and the switch, people wont give a crap about it (minus the loyal fans)

D

Deleted User

OP
its when nothing major has been done that couldnt have or should have been done in the wii u.

its when you get a company that cant be bothered to release a console anymore, they just slap a gimmick on old hardware to make it sell and now just port its old games.

recall nintendo fans claiming how nintendo release the best first parties...... erm still waiting to see anything thats not been my problem with em, recycled crap or shovelware based on its gimmick controllers.

remove nintendo titles, what else is there.

these are the issues people find with nintendo and why nintendo is no longer the main leader, its now left to sony or ms consoles that take the lead.

give it more time, people will be like meh when it comes to the switch because it wont have anything and yes it is a matter of time before people think yea waving my arms around like a maniac hmmmm not really that much fun now considering majority of the other games are this.

i recall its sales have already started to fall, reports say in the US and UK its not doing good and no surprise its doing good in japan.

ill give it a year from now and the switch, people wont give a crap about it (minus the loyal fans)
Well I guess you haven't even taken into the fact that Nintendo is fighting apple for hardware. As the switch has hardware that apple uses. And since that is the case, its not because nobody wants a switch is because they are having a gaint shortage. Also, from a company point a view. Its not stupid to port that game over. Infact, its rather smart. Why go wasting recources on a new game, when you have a game most of the public has not touched? Also third parties need to be on this system, I fully agree with that. However its is the consumers job to scream at these third parties to get it ported over. Because if the third parties think that Nintendo fans don't want it, we will never get it. (I'M not a fanboy. I'm a fan. not a fanboy. in my book fanboys have no reasoning with. meanwhile fan's usally will listen to reason) But we also shouldn't shoot ourselves in the foot, if we say the system is dead, then its going to be dead. And also, talking about gimmicks. A gimmick made a game great, super mario galaxy. to be exact. The second game for galaxy was the most pirated version! That has to scream something. However Nintendo is making sure that the gimmicks are not being forced on us! they are still giving a very close traditional style of controls. The joy con's where just a byproduct in my eyes, of getting the system portable, and they simply took advantage of the design. Also Nintendo does still have good first parties. Keep in mind the wiiu was vicious cycle. Not very good system sales=poor game development=poor game design and game. Plus why, why put work in a dead platform? it wouldn't make sense. And NO we shouldn't give the system more time, we need to push 3rd parties and nintendo. However its quite clear Nintendo is getting most of the message. However the lack of third parties are inexcusable.

Last edited by ,

deinonychus71

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Retro do you want me to copy paste all the comments that you ignored?
I mean it's not like EVERYONE could see that you're conveniently ignoring everything that is hurting your narrative.

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Here is my problem.... IS $60. Had it been like maybe $30-40 maybe, it wouldn't be a problem. A GAME PORT in 2017, $60. Bought Kingdom Hearts 1.5 HD REMIX on ps3, $40 Tales of Symphonia Chronicles HD $40, Final Fantasy X HD Remaster, $40 Metal Gear Solid HD Collection $40, ULTIMATE MARVEL VS CAPCOM 3 $40. See? not as bad.

Legend of Zelda Wind waker $60, Twilight Princess $60, Mario Kart 8 Deluxe $60 Pokken Tournament $60 Somehow the only thing done right was Bayonetta 2, including the first game as well and $60 was fine. I never even played the first one on ps3 or xbox 360, but least I got the chance to play it now with the feeling it was a smart choice, but everything else is like why are ports more expensive on Nintendo than playstation and xbox? Cave story+ on nintendo switch? $30? On steam is $15 that is half the price and the same content. :wtf:

Reactions: KevinLSX

Risingdawn

Tempallica
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom

HugaTheFox

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
First of all, welcome to marketing. It does have more features, but since I don't have a switch, I cant test it. Anyway, if you don't like it, don't get it. Also becareful of who you call "idiots".

S

Saiyan Lusitano

OP
Did you pre-order when you saw it?
I did. Not surprised it sold out so quickly.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

OoS on: Amazon UK, GAME, Smyths

Coming up: Nintendo Store UK, Zavvi, ShopTo

Risingdawn

Tempallica
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I did. Not surprised it sold out so quickly.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

OoS on: Amazon UK, GAME, Smyths

Coming up: Nintendo Store UK, Zavvi, ShopTo
It must have sold out in under an hour surely, dammit FFS. Well I've signed for emails on Nint Store and Amazon UK and just gonna cross my balls I can get a pre-order in. I refuse to pay £150 scalpers prices for one.

S

Saiyan Lusitano

OP
It must have sold out in under an hour surely, dammit FFS. Well I've signed for emails on Nint Store and Amazon UK and just gonna cross my balls I can get a pre-order in. I refuse to pay £150 scalpers prices for one.
I might miss when they become available on Nintendo Store UK due their emails go to 'Promotions' section, but fingers crossed not. If £199.99 becomes the standard price for these things, I'd not be shocked. :P

Spider_Man

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well I guess you haven't even taken into the fact that Nintendo is fighting apple for hardware. As the switch has hardware that apple uses. And since that is the case, its not because nobody wants a switch is because they are having a gaint shortage. Also, from a company point a view. Its not stupid to port that game over. Infact, its rather smart. Why go wasting recources on a new game, when you have a game most of the public has not touched? Also third parties need to be on this system, I fully agree with that. However its is the consumers job to scream at these third parties to get it ported over. Because if the third parties think that Nintendo fans don't want it, we will never get it. (I'M not a fanboy. I'm a fan. not a fanboy. in my book fanboys have no reasoning with. meanwhile fan's usally will listen to reason) But we also shouldn't shoot ourselves in the foot, if we say the system is dead, then its going to be dead. And also, talking about gimmicks. A gimmick made a game great, super mario galaxy. to be exact. The second game for galaxy was the most pirated version! That has to scream something. However Nintendo is making sure that the gimmicks are not being forced on us! they are still giving a very close traditional style of controls. The joy con's where just a byproduct in my eyes, of getting the system portable, and they simply took advantage of the design. Also Nintendo does still have good first parties. Keep in mind the wiiu was vicious cycle. Not very good system sales=poor game development=poor game design and game. Plus why, why put work in a dead platform? it wouldn't make sense. And NO we shouldn't give the system more time, we need to push 3rd parties and nintendo. However its quite clear Nintendo is getting most of the message. However the lack of third parties are inexcusable.

for the point of porting wii u games is the point, when its nintendo its acceptible, but like i said the fanboys then use this as an excuse to say the other systems are cr@p because devs port its games over.

the angle i look at it is, everyone (the fanboys) defend nintendo blindy and do as they say, when the cube had the better hardware/graphics they were all about graphics. then the wii they jumpes off that wagon, then back on it when it came to the wii u when it got ps3/360 ports (which was rather retarded) then back off it, some fanboys are that bad to even insist the wii u was not a failure that it had the best games.

the switch is only off to a good start because of its gimmicks, nintendo (im sure you will remember) have always promised better third party support since the N64...... and do we ever see it happen?

the switch is only doing good because people think the gimmick controllers is something great, but this will soon die down and people wont care if its not got games.

so already after a few months of launch nintendo cant be bothered really to make something new, they just recycle old games..... how is this acceptible yet the fanboys slate third parties on the other systems with these "hd remasters".... sheep.

so, £280 for a new system to play the same games that the wii u had (with little differences).

i would happily love the console and company if it actually holds to its word and gets better third party support, but i doubt this will happen due to its hardware and can honestly see this being another wii again littered with shovelware based on the joycons.

why cant nintendo go back to pushing console hardware so its competing and also offer gimmick controllers..... wouldn't you agree that having the option to buy more titles is better than not having the option at all?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: damn wifi