Hardware nintendo is,as always,coming late to the party. (when it comes to hacking security)

do you think switch will be easy to hack?

• sure man. Nintendo's security is basically a potato

Votes: 19 15.0%
  • i dont know,you dont know,NOBODY KNOWS!

Votes: 67 52.8%
  • switch wont be so easily hacked :c

Votes: 33 26.0%
  • Why wOUld u wan a hek a cunsul??? HACKS ARE BAD IM CALLING THE FBI

Votes: 8 6.3%

• Total voters

Deleted member 408979

Gbatemp amphibian
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
the metaphor was removed bc it was 7 am when i wrote it.

Now its 9 am,i slept well,and i wont stick to bad metaphors anymore.

Do you think switcheroo is gonna be easy to hack? I mean,ninty is pretty lax when it comes to hacking.

Or do you think itll be like 360,where you can only hack by opening up the console. (i say only because theres exploits on the DS without hardmod )

Nintendo is copying every other other game company when it comes to paid online. What do you think theyll do with hacking?

this is only a speculation thread anyway :P

Last edited by Deleted member 408979,

linuxares

The inadequate, autocratic beast!
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
No, none of the chips are the same. The Wii had better security than the gamecube. But it was smilare enough that it got patched on the Wii drive first. Later Team Twizzers found the bug in Zelda. And after that the trunca bug was found and pandoras box opened. I would say it's actually mistakes by Nintendo rather than the chips being "same".

Reactions: TotalInsanity4

Deleted member 408979

Gbatemp amphibian
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
sfe_zw_ugly_carrot_750x375px.jpg

look a hand just for you

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
Let's look at the switch for a second... We have all new hardware, a fresh start. A familiar ARM architecture which is pretty well-documented we could possibly exploit. Possibly new OS exploits to find. An SD card to run them from. And hopefully they fuck-up and give us a webkit-enabled browser later on.

I'm hopeful the Switch gets hacked for homebrew within a week or two. Piracy in a few years, but give us homebrew.

Trophies
Website
www.google.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Let's look at the switch for a second... We have all new hardware, a fresh start. A familiar ARM architecture which is pretty well-documented we could possibly exploit. Possibly new OS exploits to find. An SD card to run them from. And hopefully they fuck-up and give us a webkit-enabled browser later on.

I'm hopeful the Switch gets hacked for homebrew within a week or two. Piracy in a few years, but give us homebrew.
Except Homebrew always comes at the cost of enabling piracy.

Reactions: GilgameshArcher
Trophies
Website
www.google.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Yes, but look how long Homebrew Launcher took to before piracy came in?
Look at how far the homebrew scene progressed after signature patches were enabled though (.cia vs .3dsx). The 3DS HBL didn't really offer much, and it required an expensive game, or a long process to execute. HANS was the only thing interesting about it.

Many people used HBL to get further into hacking the 3DS, that's all.

Trophies
Website
www.google.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Best scenario is the Switch gets in the First year hacked because then there will be a big Hardware Sale. More Hardware = more games.
Lol highly unlikely. The Switch won't be hacked early on, because people involved in the scene will not disclose info that could damage the console at an early stage of its lifespan. Look at the Wii U, it was hacked a while ago, and only now things are progressing. The same applies to the 3DS, it was only last year where CFW is easily accessible, and the 3DS launched in 2011.

I'll put this simply for everyone. Stop dreaming of piracy or homebrew this year, because we will not be seeing anything released. If anything, we'll just be getting POC, or just some wiki documenting the Switch.

Reactions: SLiV3R

Bedel

The key of the blade
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I wish not fast. I mean, Nintendo and Nvidia did the software and the hadware, and seeing what happend to 3DS and WiiU don't expect them to not dedicate much time to security en this new console. They seem to know what they are doing this time, and I wish luck for them in this area.
3 years before homebrew would be good enought.

linuxares

The inadequate, autocratic beast!
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
I wish not fast. I mean, Nintendo and Nvidia did the software and the hadware, and seeing what happend to 3DS and WiiU don't expect them to not dedicate much time to security en this new console. They seem to know what they are doing this time, and I wish luck for them in this area.
3 years before homebrew would be good enought.
I'm still curious about the OS itself. If it somehow have an Android bootloader or something in those parts. It can get interesting very quickly. But I don't expect any homebrews on it for a while. Also I'm curious how the USB 3 is recieved if you connect a computer to it.

MeAndHax

Impolite person with some modding knowledge.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
It would actually be really bad if it would be hacked in the first year because 70% of the people wouldn't buy any games and the developers would just stop making games for it.

R.i.P.

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Reactions: SLiV3R

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4N-3vv4kzdk