Gaming Nintendo has explained why Splatoon has no voice chat.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
I find there's a huge difference between "accessible to kids" and "accessible to everyone". Pixar movies, for example, are accessible to everyone. The smurfs movies are accessible to kids. I see Splatoon as falling in the pixar category rather than the smurfs category.

I don't really care who all can have fun with it, so long as I can have fun with it. Labeling it as a kiddy game would seem to put it outside of that "for everyone" realm I'm talking about.
Pixar sneaks in content that entertains the adult demographic - moral lessons or something to think about. Up is a story about love and the stages of grief, for instance. Wall-E is both a story about the environment and a story about love transcending boundaries of class - Wall-E was a trashbot and Eva was a classy security bot. Pixar movies are cleverly made. Splatoon is about shooting each other with ink. Can we agree that the two are not on the same level? Also, I'm labeling this as a kids game because that's what it is. Anyone can play any games they like, there is nothing wrong in playing kids games, but that does not change the fact that they are kids games. There is nothing inheritently negative about this term, it's not ambiguous.

fischermasamune

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That's not what I said, re-read the post if you have to. What I said was that shit talkers play mainstream competitive shooters, they won't play Splatoon, a game clearly designed for children. Read and comprehend before you reply.

I don't have your patience to explain an opinion (neither your passion to claim it as a fact), but hint: osaka35's post is part of it.

Purple_Shyguy

Trophies
XP
Country
  1. New Super Mario Bros. U
  2. New Super Luigi U (reskinned NSMBU as if it were a Luigi game)
  1. Super Mario 3D World
  1. Mario Kart 8
  1. Mario Party 10
  2. Mario Vs. Donkey Kong: Tipping Stars
  3. Mario Maker
Wouldn't be surprised if they were yet to reveal another Mario game on the Wii U for this year.

Who really plays the cheap spin offs like Vs DK?

There hasn't been a proper Mario on 3DS in like 3 years. I would love a 3D Land 2 or some new "proper" game

because what else is there coming for the Wii U this year.

Starfox
More Sm4sh
More Mraio Krat
Wooly Yoshi
Kirby (for us Yuroops)
Devils Third
XENOBLADE!
Mario Maker

Im excited for quite all of those!

WiiCube_2013

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gaza Strip
Who really plays the cheap spin offs like Vs DK?

There hasn't been a proper Mario on 3DS in like 3 years. I would love a 3D Land 2 or some new "proper" game

Starfox
More Sm4sh
More Mraio Krat
Wooly Yoshi
Kirby (for us Yuroops)
Devils Third
XENOBLADE!
Mario Maker

Im excited for quite all of those!

Star Fox on Wii U this year? Hah. :P

And by the way, did you just call Vs DK a cheap spin off and yet brought up that crappy console Kirby game up? That seems hypocritical to do.

Purple_Shyguy

Trophies
XP
Country
Star Fox on Wii U this year? Hah. :P

And by the way, did you just call Vs DK a cheap spin off and yet brought up that crappy console Kirby game up? That seems hypocritical to do.

What?! Kirby looks great! Dat clay art style!

The Vs DK one was originally slapped together just to showcase HTML5 games and then they made it into a full game. I dunno, looks kinda cheap to me.

WiiCube_2013

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gaza Strip
What?! Kirby looks great! Dat clay art style!

The Vs DK one was originally slapped together just to showcase HTML5 games and then they made it into a full game. I dunno, looks kinda cheap to me.
Kirby's Rainbow Curse is nothing more than a game that could've been played on an iOS/Android/3DS device plus it's not very long or have a lot of replayability to guarantee it'd last for too long.

Rainbow Curse does look great on the TV but you'd be playing it on the GamePad so it really doesn't matter.

Brunho

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I don´t like voice-chat for pretty much the same reasons stated by Amano, but I don´t think that´s a reason to axe the feature. I would just turn it off on strangers and use it with my friends, just like I do in Dota 2.

This is still a buy for me because I liked a lot the character design and I prefer TPS over FPS. I´m just curious to see what kind of communication they will implement to try to make for the lack of voice chat.

That's not what I said, re-read the post if you have to. What I said was that shit talkers play mainstream competitive shooters, they won't play Splatoon, a game clearly designed for children. Read and comprehend before you reply.

I agree that a lot of shit-talkers-shooter-fans will be on more "mature" games. But I doubt there will only be kids and "nice adults who like kids games" on Splatoon. Trolls, haters and shit talkers exist everywhere.

Reactions: TotalInsanity4

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
I agree that a lot of shit-talkers-shooter-fans will be on more "mature" games. But I doubt there will only be kids and "nice adults who like kids games" on Splatoon. Trolls, haters and shit talkers exist everywhere.
If you're one of those people who think the outside world is scary, close your front door, shut the curtains, cancel your cable and Internet subscriptions and never leave your house. Here's for hoping that the steamroller called reality will never flatten your home. There's assholes out there - it's really not a news flash. If someone's giving you grief on the Internet, you have total control - use the mute button. Nintendo's taken the agency out of the player's hands - you won't get offended by voice chat because you weren't given the choice, the choice was made for you.

Brunho

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
If you're one of those people who think the outside world is scary, close your front door, shut the curtains, cancel your cable and Internet subscriptions and never leave your house. Here's for hoping that the steamroller called reality will never flatten your home. There's assholes out there - it's really not a news flash. If someone's giving you grief on the Internet, you have total control - use the mute button. Nintendo's taken the agency out of the player's hands - you won't get offended by voice chat because you weren't given the choice, the choice was made for you.

Nah, I try to keep my fear of the world at bay, have some things to do out there :P

You´re right, the choice was made for us and I too don´t approve this. But this is Nintendo, they will put you on a car if they think you´re playing Mario Party wrong, they will produce 3 Amiibo of every non-Mario character if they think they won´t sell and they will cut voice chat in Splatoon if they think you will be bullying the kids. It´s really a case of hate it or blind love it.

Reactions: Foxi4

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Nah, I try to keep my fear of the world at bay, have some things to do out there :P

You´re right, the choice was made for us and I too don´t approve this. But this is Nintendo, they will put you on a car if they think you´re playing Mario Party wrong, they will produce 3 Amiibo of every non-Mario character if they think they won´t sell and they will cut voice chat in Splatoon if they think you will be bullying the kids. It´s really a case of hate it or blind love it.
It's like you're reading my mind and enumerate all the reasons why I think Nintendo's going down the shitter. I've been trying to pre-order a Lucina amiibo for 2 months now and it's not available in the entirety of the country. The figurine isn't even out yet and it's out of stock? How?

Brunho

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
It's like you're reading my mind and enumerate all the reasons why I think NNintendo's going down the shitter. I've been trying to pre-order a Lucina amiibo for 2 months now and it's not available in the entirety of the country. The ffigurine isn't even out yet and it's out of stock? How?

I feel your pain, tried to pre-order a Lucina at the start of this month, but it´s already a myth :(

I´ve barely managed to pre-order an Inkling Girl before they vanish and this is a new franchise that´s not even out! It´s like all those guys from Deviant Art stormed them...

WiiCube_2013

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gaza Strip
It's like you're reading my mind and enumerate all the reasons why I think Nintendo's going down the shitter. I've been trying to pre-order a Lucina amiibo for 2 months now and it's not available in the entirety of the country. The figurine isn't even out yet and it's out of stock? How?
Some retailers allow an unlimited amount of amiibos per customer.

I pre-ordered 3x Palutenas and 3x Greninjas, the others are all 1x's only.

This will be very lucrative on eBay. ^_^

But yeah, this totally sucks for the fans who just want them.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Some retailers allow an unlimited amount of amiibos per customer. I pre-ordered 3x Palutenas and 3x Greninjas, the others are all 1x's only. This will be very lucrative on eBay. ^_^ But yeah, this totally sucks for the fans who just want them.
GAME is out of stock, 365games is out of stock, Argos is out of stock, Amazon is out of stock, Tesco is out of stock, CEX is out of stock, ASDA and Sainsbury's don't even carry them around here, I'm literally out of ideas. The only shop I found them in was ShopTo.net and I don't know if they're trustworthy. The amiibo isn't even for me, it's supposed to be a gift, but I figured that I have better chances getting it from a Polish retailer and have it shipped than buying it in the UK. Unlike here, in Poland you can just walk into a store and pick goods up - my home country is not infected with the pre-order-only disease yet, stores actually carry stock there. :angry:

WiiCube_2013

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gaza Strip
GAME is out of stock, 365games is out of stock, Argos is out of stock, Amazon is out of stock, Tesco is out of stock, CEX is out of stock, ASDA and Sainsbury's don't even carry them around here, I'm literally out of ideas. The only shop I found them in was ShopTo.net and I don't know if they're trustworthy. The amiibo isn't even for me, it's supposed to be a gift, but I figured that I have better chances getting it from a Polish retailer and have it shipped than buying it in the UK. Unlike here, in Poland you can just walk into a store and pick goods up - my home country is not infected with the pre-order-only disease yet, stores actually carry stock there. :angry:

CeX only sells used items while some new products too, but they don't offer pre-ordering service at all.

ShopTo is totally reliable but recently they increased the price of the amiibos from £10.85 to £14.86.. just as greedy as GAME now.

You can pre-order Lucina here for £21 - http://www.gameware.at/info/spaces/...atform=all&queryGenreCode=all&queryMode=smart

It's still on pre-order so they don't have stock atm.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
CeX only sells used items while some new products too, but they don't offer pre-ordering service at all.

ShopTo is totally reliable but recently they increased the price of the amiibos from £10.85 to £14.86.. just as greedy as GAME now.

You can pre-order Lucina here for £21 - http://www.gameware.at/info/spaces/...atform=all&queryGenreCode=all&queryMode=smart

I'd prefer to order from a UK retailer than a German one only because I'd like it shipped faster. If you think ShopTo is reliable then I just might send some cash their way, thanks. ;) And yes, I know CEX mostly deals with pre-owns, but they tend to have some new releases, including some amiibos. Yes, I was desperate enough to check out CEX even though I have a personal agenda against that shitty chain and I hope it burns down to the ground. I've had a really bad experience with them and I wouldn't recommend shopping there to anyone, ever.

WiiCube_2013

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gaza Strip
I'd prefer to order from a UK retailer than a German one only because I'd like it shipped faster. If you think ShopTo is reliable then I just might send some cash their way, thanks. ;) And yes, I know CEX mostly deals with pre-owns, but they tend to have some new releases, including some amiibos. Yes, I was desperate enough to check out CEX even though I have a personal agenda against that shitty chain and I hope it burns down to the ground. I've had a really bad experience with them and I wouldn't recommend shopping there to anyone, ever.

It's unlikely for Lucina to go up again but there's been times she was available on Amazon, GAME and ShopTo. It's a matter of ordering within few seconds before it's gone again.

Brunho

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil

Is this gameware reliable? I may give it a try.

WiiCube_2013

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gaza Strip
Is this gameware reliable? I may give it a try.

They're a trustworthy Austrian retailer, I currently have 2x Shulks (1x for me, 1x for someone else) ordered from them but they're on backorder so if I don't get them before the end of May I'll just cancel them.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @realtimesave, hey there buddy chum pal friend buddy pal chum bud friend fella bruther amigo pal...