Nintendo Expressed Interest in Movie Industry

images

Forget that Super Mario Bros. movie, Nintendo is expressing its interest in the film industry!

Japanese newspaper Asahi Shimbun interviewed Nintendo president Tatsumi Kimishima who revealed the company's interest to enter the movie business. The report, translated by AP, also mentioned that Nintendo's work might be 3-D animation and that the company is in talks with various film companies on a possible partnership.

Moreover, company spokesman Makoto Wakae said on Monday details are undecided but the work might be a theater release or a DVD.

It seems like Nintendo is indeed aiming to widen its reach after plans of an amusement park and mobile applications. It most likely reflects its project for business growth, following recent loss in its fiscal year and unsuccessful home console sales. Hopefully these plans will be successful and help the company gain momentum.

What do you make out of this news? Would you prefer Nintendo shorts like recent Star Fox, theatre releases or animated series?

:arrow: SOURCE 1, SOURCE 2

Sorry for the crappy layout guys. I'm on my phone.

Last edited by Prans,

Feeling it!

Pure Logical Feels.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When will they all learn that video games + movies = drinking bleach? Can anyone please direct me to the latest video game movie that's particularly enjoyable? No? Didn't think so. That in mind, this needs to stop:

Seriously. I'm not seeing movies. What I'm seeing is greedy bastards saying "little Jimmy and all of his friends are playing Minecraft, so let's make a movie out of it and make millions of fucking dollars! Hell yeah!" This topic is particularly irritating because everyone and their dog buys tickets and sees the movie, even though they "know it's gonna suck™". Overall thought on the matter:
f3c.gif

"Let's be politically correct!"
Hey dude pass the bleach I am dying of thirst here.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I wonder how a Splatoon movie would work.
cmon dude we all know the only animated thing the inklings would be in would and is not family friendly XD :rofl2::nayps3:

Reactions: Logan Pockrus

chartube12

Captain Chaz 86
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If people would read shit from more then one source, they would know Nintendo is looking at cgi based movies. Soooo, no risk of live action doom...pun intented!

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
"Since the Internet is almost diametrically opposed to the notion of quality control, in recent years it’s been a lot easier to just assume everything’s shit until it can prove itself otherwise. I like to call it the "Guantanamo Bay" approach to reviewing."
- Ben "Yahtzee" Croshaw
I live by this motto and I am going to assume the same of these movies.

MushGuy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When will they all learn that video games + movies = drinking bleach? Can anyone please direct me to the latest video game movie that's particularly enjoyable? No? Didn't think so. That in mind, this needs to stop:

Seriously. I'm not seeing movies. What I'm seeing is greedy bastards saying "little Jimmy and all of his friends are playing Minecraft, so let's make a movie out of it and make millions of fucking dollars! Hell yeah!" This topic is particularly irritating because everyone and their dog buys tickets and sees the movie, even though they "know it's gonna suck™". Overall thought on the matter:
f3c.gif
May I remind you of this?:
maxresdefault.jpg

And this?:
pokemonposters.jpg

And even this?:
Wreck-It-Ralph.jpg

You're welcome.

Logan Pockrus

Knawledge is key.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
May I remind you of this?:
maxresdefault.jpg

And this?:
pokemonposters.jpg

And even this?:
Wreck-It-Ralph.jpg

You're welcome.
Not that I'm trying to be that guy, but...

I never saw the first movie, I've never been a fan of Pokemon (and have subsequently never felt the need to see the movies), and Wreck It Ralph was okay.

PolarKoala

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I would prefer an anime series based off of a series with potential for good story-telling in a television format. I'm thinking about Zelda or Fire Emblem.

MushGuy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not that I'm trying to be that guy, but...

I never saw the first movie, I've never been a fan of Pokemon (and have subsequently never felt the need to see the movies), and Wreck It Ralph was okay.
You really need to watch that Street Fighter movie. It's a prime example of a video game movie done right. You won't be disappointed.

Clydefrosch

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
implying any nintendo-games story is actually movie material.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

You really need to watch that Street Fighter movie. It's a prime example of a video game movie done right. You won't be disappointed.
what street fighter movie?
there's a good dozen of them

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    it wasn't a question, it was fact
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    He said he had 3 different doctors apt this week, so he prob there. Something about gerbal extraction, I don't know.
    +1
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    bored, guess i'll spread more democracy
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    @K3Nv2 one more time you say such bs to @BakerMan and I'll smack you across the whole planet
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Make sure you smack my booty daddy
    +1
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    telling him that my partner is luke...does he look like someone with such big ne
    eds?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    do you really think I could stand living with someone like luke?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    I suppose luke has "special needs" but he's not my partner, did you just say that to piss me off again?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    besides I had bigger worries today
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    but what do you know about that, you won't believe me anyways
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @BigOnYa can answer that
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    BigOnYa already left the chat
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Biginya
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Auto correct got me, I'm on my tablet, i need to turn that shit off
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    With other tabs open you perv
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'm actually in my shed, bout to cut 2-3 acres of grass, my back yard.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I use to have a guy for that thanks richard
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I use my tablet to stream to a bluetooth speaker when in shed. iHeartRadio, FlyNation
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    While the victims are being buried
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Grave shovel
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nuh those goto the edge of the property (maybe just on the other side of)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    On the neighbors side
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yup, by the weird smelly green bushy looking plants.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://www.the-sun.com/news/10907833/self-checkout-complaints-new-target-dollar-general-policies...