Misc nintendo dsi wifi: no AP in range?

dragonblood9999

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
do anyone know why my dsi is doing this?
i get the error code 050099-2 my tablet, psp go, ps3 and my ds phat all find my AP

i just tried ds to ds conection with pokemon black and white to trade some pokesav created pokemon from pokemon white with my r4i gold(www.r4ids.cn) to my retail copy of pokemon black and it does not work(it did last week.
i know it gets wifi because the wifi signal is full and i can go on to the eshop

even when i set my ap to open it cant find it

vfv0ol.jpg

2z56vqw.jpg

Fishaman P

Speedrunner
Trophies
Website
twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
If you can use the eShop, I have no clue.

My first guess would be that you have a brand-spanking-new router operating on the 5GHz band, whereas the DSi only supports 2.4GHz, but if your Phat can connect, then that isn't it.

dragonblood9999

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
If you can use the eShop, I have no clue.

My first guess would be that you have a brand-spanking-new router operating on the 5GHz band, whereas the DSi only supports 2.4GHz, but if your Phat can connect, then that isn't it.

last week it worked fine on this router and its on 2.4GHz band. it stoped working a day after i got my r4i 3ds gold(r4ids.cn) from v2watch when i traded some pokemon from pokemon white(on the r4i) to my retail copy of pokemon black.

also if i do an advanced search my AP and my neighbors shows up and if i add mine there everything connects and the test is good, but in game i can't get online

Fishaman P

Speedrunner
Trophies
Website
twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
Hm... the reason games can't connect to networks defined in Advanced Mode (except retail Black/White/2! They should work with Advanced Mode networks) is because they can only see the regular 3 networks, the number the standard DS can see.

However, both modes see the same networks, the regular ones just can't connect to WPA/2 networks. If regular mode isn't finding anything, then I have no clue. Not even a broken Wi-Fi chip should cause that.

trumpet-205

Embrace the darkness within
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
last week it worked fine on this router and its on 2.4GHz band. it stoped working a day after i got my r4i 3ds gold(r4ids.cn) from v2watch when i traded some pokemon from pokemon white(on the r4i) to my retail copy of pokemon black.

also if i do an advanced search my AP and my neighbors shows up and if i add mine there everything connects and the test is good, but in game i can't get online
So is it with WEP encryption (DS game cannot use WPA/WPA2). Did you broadcast SSID as well? Some DS games won't work even when you type in the SSID.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy: For example, one of my other favorite songs from them, with some massive house music influence - +1