Gaming Nintendo DS question

Star-scream

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Hello I don't really know much of anything about DS/dsi and then there is DS XL what ones can I play like us and eur games and gba

superspudz2000

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Don't bother with DSi / XL. A DS Lite is what you want, they are smaller, have higher flashcard compatibility, and can play GBA games.

he dident say if he had a Slot-2 flashcart or not, he did say GBA, but even then im not sure DS Lite is the best option for GBA games

#1. GameCube and GB player
#2. GBA SP (brighter backlight AGS-101)
#3. PSP and gpSP Kai emulator
#4. a Wii U.

as for which DS should he get, i would say get a 2DS, now HOLD ON just hear me out, its a great Starter handheld if hes low on cash, and he can always gift the 2DS away later if he upgrades to a 3DS XL,

and 3DS/2DS plays all DS games, plus 3DS games, plus he can get demos and FREE games, Rustys real deal baseball, and Steel Diver sub wars.

Sora de Eclaune

All our splendor...
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
As was said, you should probably stick with a DS Lite. It's region-free, has GBA support, and has a good selection of colors and designs for the shell. All flash cards are compatible with the DS Lite, as the system doesn't have system updates to prevent flash cards from being played. In addition, all slot-2 peripherals can be used with the system.

The only downside to this is if you wanted to play DSiWare, as the DS Lite cannot play DSiWare. Not even with a flash card.

DS XL console can support DS games. you just need to get a r4i gold 3ds to enjoy most of ds games
However, they also mentioned GBA games. An R4i Gold 3DS cannot play GBA games, and the system has no slot-2.

Reactions: Star-scream

Star-scream

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Yeah my plan is to get a DS LITE and then get a 3DS I wanted something that is region-free and I could play my gba games :)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I only wish it was actually playable.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    There's a guy on the Tube of You that makes playable mechanical arcade games out of Lego. This could work on the same principle.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Just a couple of guys taking their manatee out for some fresh air, why you have to molest them?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Stupid Chinese shop switched their shipping company and this one is slooooooow.
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    STOP BUYING CHINESE CRAP THEN
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    SUPPORT LOCAL PRODUCTS, MAKE REVOLUTION
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THEY KEEP REMOVING LOCAL SHIt AND REPLACING WItH INFERIOR CHINESE CRAP
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THATS WHY MY PARTNER CANT GET A GOOTWEAR HIS SIZE ANYMORE
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    HE HAS BIG FOOT AND BIG DUCK
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    d*ck i mean*
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    lol
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Mkay.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I just ordered another package from China just to spite you.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Communism lol
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    OUR products
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @LeoTCK actually good quality products are dying out because they can't compete with dropshipped chinese crap
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    @LeoTCK is your partner the sascrotch or smth?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Good morning
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Out of nowhere I got several scars on my forearm and part of my arm and it really itches.
  • AdRoz78 @ AdRoz78:
    Hey, I bought a modchip today and it says "New 2040plus" in the top left corner. Is this a legit chip or was I scammed?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    @AdRoz78 start a thread and post a photo of the chip.
    +2
    Veho @ Veho: @AdRoz78 start a thread and post a photo of the chip. +2