Nintendo DS Lite shuts off when closing the lid?

Discussion in 'NDS - Console and Game Discussions' started by Yepi69, Jan 2, 2013.

Jan 2, 2013

Yepi69 GBATemp Pokemon, EarthBound, Mother3 Proud Fan Boy

Message Count:
    Portugal
    Before you answer, no it DOESN'T go to sleep mode, this happens when i'm closing the lid, the DS just shuts down, and if i try turning it on while on the position it got shut off, the DS gives a quick flash on the touchscreen then shuts down.

I did have this problem before, the ribbon cable was broken therefor the DS would flash no mather if it was open or closed, i payed almost 50$ for a new official screen on the DS and it worked like a charm.

But if i turn the DS on while open, it boots up just fine, screen and everything, only if i try booting it up while its half closed or totally closed.

Now, for those who had this problem before, is it the ribbon of the screen that got broken or did it got loose? I highly doubt the ribbon got loose on its own, but the couldn't be broken, otherwise the DS wouldn't boot while open.

This sucks so much, i just bought Pokemon Emerald day 31th and it broke down day 1st January. :hateit:

SPONSORED LINKS