3pm UK time / 4pm CEST / 7am PT

BQ_YHN3CMAIRC01.png

heartgold

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
It's nice to see more of the upcoming games. Next year's titles won't be discussed till the end of year direct. Whether it is October or December.

I'm looking out for Pokemon and Zelda news. Perhaps 3DS NNID accounts too.

The Suspect

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I know I shouldn't expect much... But I really hope they just announce something, like a new Metroid, Star Fox, or Kid Icarus game.
They don't have to show me any cutscenes or gameplay, just the announcement (and maybe a logo) would be enough.
Mainly because I'm not that excited for the upcoming first party releases (except Smash and Kart)...
I've already played Wind Waker, and the new Mario game looks like a port of the 3DS game...

Reactions: Slamicite

Skelletonike

♂ ♥ Gallant Pervert ♥ ♀
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Hum... I'd be pretty interested in news about SMT IV, Rune Factory 4, Inazuma Eleven 3 (Spark, Bomber), Ace Attorney, Bravely Default and Professor Layton (the aztec thingy one).

Reactions: Slamicite

TemplarGR

Gaming expert
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
I know that it is highly unlikely, but i would really like to hear about a new Advance Wars... Nintendo is making a huge mistake not bringing it to the 3DS... Us adults don't want Pokemon, give us something to play...

Skelletonike

♂ ♥ Gallant Pervert ♥ ♀
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
I know that it is highly unlikely, but i would really like to hear about a new Advance Wars... Nintendo is making a huge mistake not bringing it to the 3DS... Us adults don't want Pokemon, give us something to play...

Well, I'm an adult and I love Pokemon, Digimon, Inazuma Eleven and many others, actually most of Pokemon's fan base are not kids.
Also, I enjoy Advance Wars but it was also a pretty childish looking games aside from the last one that was released which had a more mature story.

I do want an Advance Wars myself, however I'd prefer it if they followed the Days of Ruin story and and art, although if they do make anew AW you'll need to look into the japanese Nintendo Directs instead of the European ones.

TemplarGR

Gaming expert
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Well, I'm an adult and I love Pokemon, Digimon, Inazuma Eleven and many others, actually most of Pokemon's fan base are not kids.
Also, I enjoy Advance Wars but it was also a pretty childish looking games aside from the last one that was released which had a more mature story.

I do want an Advance Wars myself, however I'd prefer it if they followed the Days of Ruin story and and art, although if they do make anew AW you'll need to look into the japanese Nintendo Directs instead of the European ones.

It is not the cute style that makes Pokemon games more suited to kids... I love cute games.

It's the gameplay that is for kids... Too simple combat, low difficulty, much much needless grinding, no real story. Pokemon games are made for people with:

1) Too much free time on their hands for all the grinding

2) Simple game mechanics suitable for low intelligence persons/kids(intelligence raises with age)

3) Simple happy-happy story like a Saturday morning Cartoon

aka as kids.

Advance Wars is a cute game, but has a chess-like depth in its gameplay, easy to learn difficult to master sort of thing. In fact, i am a very experienced strategy player on PC, and still find it one of the best strategy series of all time... It is also suitable for pick up and play style, it can be played on small doses for example on the train to work. Much more suitable for an adult, although still playable by kids if they like it. It has nothing to do with graphical style and theme.

PS: I don't want to insult anybody, but the idea that most of Pokemon's fanbase aren't kids is depressing to me... Don't get me wrong, i played the first gen back in the day, but i find this series too boring for an experienced gamer...

Skelletonike

♂ ♥ Gallant Pervert ♥ ♀
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
It is not the cute style that makes Pokemon games more suited to kids... I love cute games.

It's the gameplay that is for kids... Too simple combat, low difficulty, much much needless grinding, no real story. Pokemon games are made for people with:

1) Too much free time on their hands for all the grinding

2) Simple game mechanics suitable for low intelligence persons/kids(intelligence raises with age)

3) Simple happy-happy story like a Saturday morning Cartoon

aka as kids.

Advance Wars is a cute game, but has a chess-like depth in its gameplay, easy to learn difficult to master sort of thing. In fact, i am a very experienced strategy player on PC, and still find it one of the best strategy series of all time... It is also suitable for pick up and play style, it can be played on small doses for example on the train to work. Much more suitable for an adult, although still playable by kids if they like it. It has nothing to do with graphical style and theme.

PS: I don't want to insult anybody, but the idea that most of Pokemon's fanbase aren't kids is depressing to me... Don't get me wrong, i played the first gen back in the day, but i find this series too boring for an experienced gamer...

You're describing pretty much most rpg's, most have simply mechanics because they work good enough, there's no need to fix what's broken (an example of that is Dragon Quest, the mechanics are always the same yet, in Japan they sell more than Final Fantasy which is always changing the mechanics).
As for the time part, most hand-held games can be played in short bursts which can accumulate for many hours after a while, look at Monster Hunter, it's requires a lot of grinding in a way.

As for the intelligence part, that's not true, we simply learn more things the older we get, our IQ doesn't increashie, sometimes it even decreases.
I enjoyed Advance Wars much more when I was a kid than I do now, same goes for Warcraft 1,2,3, Age of Empires, Starcraft, etc...

I've been playing games since I was 4 and been playing every Pokemon game that came out, even though they're far from being my favourite games, they are good and fun games, that's the point of a game, to be fun.
Here's a fan-poll to show you: http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/661226-pokemon-black-version-2/64574574

Back on topic though, now that I think of it... I wonder if Nintendo would be nice enough to bring the SMT IV pre-order bonus goodies. <3

They'll only say release dates, and maybe something related to Flipnote and Miiverse.

Flipnote will be released this week in Europe according to what several websites say, so yeah, maybe it could be that as well (I think the US will get it next month from what I read).

weavile001

Spiritmaster
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
well, I'm hoping for Inazuma eleven Go for Europe, Inazuma eleven Go Strikers, some info of Mario party, Mario golf and Shin megami tensei X fire Emblem too.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl: Have a nice day. Life. Week. Month. year.