Nintendo Direct 4/12/2017 Roundup

It's that time again, where Nintendo teases their upcoming projects and incites hype in the masses. Are you ready to see what Nintendo's got up their sleeves this time? Because at 5PM CST, the direct will begin. This direct will focus on Splatoon 2 and ARMS for the most part, but will also showcase upcoming Switch and 3DS games. Check back when the direct starts, as GBAtemp will be here with live coverage updates.

Lets get to it:

Hey Pikmin for 3DS is shown off. It's a platforming Pikmin game.
ss+(2017-04-12+at+05.01.16).jpg
Pikmin amiibo coming
ss+(2017-04-12+at+05.02.06).jpg
Ever Oasis launching June 23

Monster Hunter Stories' gameplay showcased, will be coming to 3DS this Fall

Yokai Watch 2 is getting a definitive edition called Psychic Spectres. It's getting a new online mutliplayer feature. This Fall.

Culdecept Revolt is a card game coming for 3DS August 29.

RPG Maker FES. It's getting DLC, including Disgaea DLC content. June 27

Miitopia is getting a localization. It's a quirky mii game like Tomodachi Life, but with a turn based RPG twist. Coming 2017

Fire Emblem Echoes is getting DLC. EXP and money maps are a thing. A season pass is coming as well.

Kirby 25th anniversary.

Team Kirby Clash Deluxe is a co-op game free to start, coming to 3DS eshop.

Kirby Blowup Blast is a thing as well, this Summer, another eshop exclusive.

New multiplayer Kirby game coming this Winter for 3DS

ByeByeBoxBoy is getting amiibo features. Launches today.

New Zelda amiibos, the last of the smash amiibos coming July 21

ss+(2017-04-12+at+05.33.41) (1).jpg

ARMS gameplay. Lots of different types of attacks and fighters. Each fighter has different abilities. You can mix and match arms. New fighter uses ramen based attacks and has kick attacks.

Yellow joycons coming on June 16, as well as a charger pack

C9PsRHdUMAAQldm.jpg

Mario Kart 8 Deluxe, going over things we've seen before.

Ultra Street Fighter 2, evil Ryu, violent Ken as playable characters. First person mode, 2 player coop mode.

Minecraft coming to Switch. Online. It's getting a Mario DLC pack with worlds from the Mario universe. Launches May 11, getting physical release later on.

Neo Geo ports.

Sonic Forces gameplay shown, new character, coming Holiday 2017.

Sonic Mania coming this Summer.

Project Mekuru is a coop puzzle game about flipping colored panels is coming to the Switch this summer.

Fate Extella is getting a Switch port. July 25.

Disgaea 5 Complete gameplay shown. Puyo Puyo Tetris.

Monopoly for Switch with 6 player mutiplayer, and HD rumble for the rolling rice effect. Fall.

Rayman Legends is being ported to Switch as a definitive edition, 2017.

Sine Mora EX is a shmup, this summer. Battle Chasers Nightwar is a turn based RPG for Switch too, late summer.

Payday 2 coming to Switch too. Later this year.

Namco Museum has Galaga, Pacman, and more. Dig Dug and challenge modes. Summer.

You can buy the Switch Dock by itself on May 17.

Splatoon 2 has a retro trailer. Getting a new mode. Salmon Run. Looks to be a hoarde mode where you must attack mutant salmon to earn power eggs. Boss Salmon will have bounties to defeat. You can call in lifesavers to bring back defeated allies. Golden eggs are collected to bring back to your net to win.

Splatoon 2 amiibo. Game launches July 21

ss+(2017-04-12+at+05.34.01).jpg

Last edited by Chary,

RemixDeluxe

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Looking forward to this too. Find Mii was fun as hell, and this seems to be a more fleshed out sequel.
Find Mii was a guilty pleasure for me too. The sequel game can have you playing for awhile getting all the different paths and using specific colors. I enjoyed just about all the streetpass Mii plaza games especially that mansion one.

Reactions: zoogie

Mr. Wizard

Ending the spread of bullshit one thread at a time
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Dragon Quest X is out for Switch in Fall
In NA? If not will it have English? Probably not.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Maybe i'm the only one left, but i strongly feel that they're saving the heavy hitters like VC and metroid for E3.
I still have a little faith but it's dwindling. Very rapidly.

Reactions: chartube12

GHANMI

Trophies
XP
Country
In NA? If not will it have English? Probably not.
It's not even in any of the English Directs.
Though some interviews mention building up the series with DQ Heroes 1/2 and Builders "paving the way for overseas releases of future titles", which can only refer to either DQ 10 (the MMO that launched on the original Wii) or DQ 11 (this one).
That said, the 3DS version could end up suffering the same fate as Ni no Kuni DS.

Nisem0n0

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Dragon Quest XI is probably what i'm most hype for from the Japan Direct. Being able to freely switch between traditional top down 2d and the new 3d style is so cool!

D

Deleted User

Rayman Legends, already have this for pc and wii u and 3ds. Only thing is amibos tbh

Hells Malice

Are you a bully?
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Very underwhelming for both devices. Heres hoping they're saving their good announcements for E3.
Arms still looks good to me. It'll all come down to balancing though. Splatoon was pretty fun in concept, but it was so fucking boring because you had a choice of like 2 good weapons and 30 bad ones, and a tiny pool of maps that took forever to rotate. Hope Arms wont suffer from that same issue.

WTF is Payday 2? Never heard of it.

Payday 2 is actually a really fun game....on PC. I can't imagine it on consoles. It's not exactly a precision first person shooter buuut it requires really good communication between 4 people. Not exactly something Nintendo is known for.

Reactions: Subtle Demise

Reyn_the_Insane

Mega Man Fanatic
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Looking forward to this too. Find Mii was fun as hell, and this seems to be a more fleshed out sequel.
Miitopia and the green joycon were the only good things to come out of this direct. The joycon battery packs are the most unnecessary accessory to ever exist. I haven't lost charge on my joycon once. Who seriously plays 20 hours straight?

Katsumi San

Trophies
XP
Country
Japanese Nintendo youtube is have game trailer of Yoru no Nai Yoru 2 for Nintendo Switch hardware!

Oh senran kagura thing... This is great thing, now anyone can enjoy english saying of producer(Takaki) "I'll wrap the world in happy boobs".

Reactions: Deleted User

Mr. Wizard

Ending the spread of bullshit one thread at a time
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I'm glad I decided to buy carts, if they insist on only releasing the good games in Japan (no english) and only old crappy ports/indies in NA, and don't come up with something really really good at E3, I'm bailing...

Reactions: Subtle Demise

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Good morning