Status
Not open for further replies.

NightsOwl

Pays For Avatar Art (For some reason)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If people only used hacking for homebrew purposes I'm sure this wouldn't be such a big deal. But as you all know, Piracy = Them not wanting hacked consoles.

Then again, maybe they wouldn't even like homebrew. Probably because Emulators....

Hmm.

Vampire Lied

Resident sociopath
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Op sounds like the whole Sony bs again.
"It's mine so I can do what I want."
The statement itself is understandable, even could be seen as a valid point.
Where it falls short is what these ppl really mean;
"Damn you for fixing an exploit that would allow me to run homebrew (emulators being among homebrew=piracy) and/or flashcarts or total hacking of the system." People may own a system, but they don't own the software/programming contained within.
Don't get me wrong, I want to see it hacked myself, but nintendo fixing bugs or crashes isn't wrong of them.
I'm not against hacking, just the whole Y U NO LET ME HAX mentality.
They no let u HAX cause they no want leet haxxorz pirating their shit.
And anyone that claims (like they did when Sony issue was hot) they don't want it hacked for piracy purposes knows damn well it would allow piracy.
It's okay to be frustrated at the fact the overflow was blocked, but anyone acting like nintendo is doing wrong by fixing it is horribly mistaken.

Reactions: 1 person

AceWarhead

"Must Construct Additional Pylons"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OP, stop posting useless crap and pointless topics.
It's natural for a company to fix bugs. What, you EXPECT them to welcome hacking with open arms? You think piracy is FUN?
Maybe you're too young to grasp the concepts of "money."

Ace Overclocked

My CPU's hot but my core runs cold.
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
It's natural for a company to fix bugs. What, you EXPECT them to welcome hacking with open arms? You think piracy is FUN?
No he's totally right, developpers don't need money to live, they don't have to get paid after years of hard work.
Games should be pirated and that'll always stay the case, and if someone tries to change that, they're going too far.
Everyone let's sue nintendo!

Reactions: 3 people

Rasas

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Apparently, the last couple of updates has blocked a Internet Browser crash. So, news spread around of the buffer overflow that would temporarily crash the Internet Browser, and Nintendo found out! Now, as soon as the 3DS detected a Internet Browser crash, it will bring you back to the HOME menu and will display a message. Now for anyone working on a buffer overflow hack, halt your processes!
As said above maybe it might just be Nintendo fixing it and hackers will probably keep working at it to inject code regardless of updates.
Now Nintendo has taken it WAY to far! They are trying everything to keep the 3DS systems out of it's hacking scene. They always have something to say about our favorite unlicensed hardware. Action Replays "enable piracy" they say. They are just cheat systems. And what's the deal with trying to protect OUR systems, when some of us payed our own $200 for it. We should be able to do whatever we want to do to it, right? It's ours and we payed for it. You created it and we payed for it, so we are free to do anything to it.
Cheats hurt the online community and even if someone makes it only work offline you can be damn well sure someone will make it work online as well. If the online community wasn't as important as the Action Replay community I might agree with you somewhat but it isn't.
Now that buffer overflow is out of the way, we have to work on the impossible, like music and video crashes. And I don't like it! It's all because of Nosetendo!
I know I don't really help the hacking community besides two donations (one being a purchase of DStwo which might not count for anything) which weren't very important but that was way back then but what do you mean by we. Have you done anything to help the scene? I know I pretty much haven't but what have you done. I doubt you've done much or not everyone in this thread would be insulting your post so I'm guessing about little to nothing and if it is nothing don't take credit by saying we. Say they or the hackers.

totalnoob617

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No he's totally right, developpers don't need money to live, they don't have to get paid after years of hard work.
Games should be pirated and that'll always stay the case, and if someone tries to change that, they're going too far.
thats is a ridiculous statement, every single system ever created has been hacked to allow "piracy" the industry has only grown bigger than ever,its bigger than the hollywood movie industry ,more profitable, and movies are also"pirated"(fair use) i dont see quentin tarintino or brad pitt living in cardboad boxes yet, , the devs get paid shit on a shingle, just like the recording industry pays artists signed to a major label shit compared to what they bring in, a tiny % ,i dont see them stopping making xbox 360 and ps3 games, i dont see devs for those consoles out in the gutter with signs that say" will code for crack "
technically its not illegal , if geohot had won his case against sony as he had against apple, (look at all those app developers out of work ,look at the huge lack of IOS apps ,my god)
and then set precedent for legal console hacking as he did for smart phones ,then maybe someone else could have brought a case to make console manufacturers have to sell the consoles as open platforms out of the box without people having to hack them

Ace Overclocked

My CPU's hot but my core runs cold.
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
thats is a ridiculous statement, every single system ever created has been hacked to allow "piracy" the industry has only grown bigger than ever,its bigger than the hollywood movie industry ,more profitable, and movies are also"pirated"(fair use) i dont see quentin tarintino or brad pitt living in cardboad boxes yet, , the devs get paid shit on a shingle, just like the recording industry pays artists signed to a major label shit compared to what they bring in, a tiny % ,i dont see them stopping making xbox 360 and ps3 games, i dont see devs for those consoles out in the gutter with signs that say" will code for crack "
technically its not illegal , if geohot had won his case against sony as he had against apple, (look at all those app developers out of work ,look at the huge lack of IOS apps ,my god)
and then set precedent for legal console hacking as he did for smart phones ,then maybe someone else could have brought a case to make the console platforms open
I didn't mean the industry is doomed because of hacking a system, but piracy hurts little companies and developpers.
It was being sarcasm but what's to say is that they have the right to at least defend themselves by fixing a possible flaw.
Piracy doesn't always hurt, it depends on what is being pirated, and yet again i fail to approppriately express myself, sorry for that.

chavosaur

Chavo
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If we are all going to rage the shit out of this guy, this topic doesn't even need to be open anymore.
I'll say this in the nicest way possible (which is real easy considering the ridiculous hate this just spawned)
While everyone is all for hacking a system (well not everyone, but you get my drift) the way you went about posting the info is what spawned all the flames. Read the above posts, take out the snide remarks, and then you'll see where you went wrong. And this guy doesn't deserve to be banned. Yall's flames are punishment enough. So for future reference, watch what kind of words you decide to use in your future posts. Or else you'll meet with this terrible fate now won't you?

totalnoob617

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
and then set precedent for legal console hacking as he did for smart phones ,then maybe someone else could have brought a case to make the console platforms open
I didn't mean the industry is doomed because of hacking a system, but piracy hurts little companies and developpers.
It was being sarcasm but what's to say is that they have the right to at least defend themselves by fixing a possible flaw.
Piracy doesn't always hurt, it depends on what is being pirated, and yet again i fail to approppriately express myself, sorry for that.
thats ok , but i think the smaller devs like it more, they want everything wide open so they can gain fame, its really only sony and big middle man, the equivalent to the major record labels and movie studios that are against this stuff, they are the ones that bought the DMCA in the 1st place and who try and are still trying to pass sopa acta pipa and now the new one IPAA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    it wasn't a question, it was fact
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    He said he had 3 different doctors apt this week, so he prob there. Something about gerbal extraction, I don't know.
    +1
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    bored, guess i'll spread more democracy
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    @K3Nv2 one more time you say such bs to @BakerMan and I'll smack you across the whole planet
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Make sure you smack my booty daddy
    +1
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    telling him that my partner is luke...does he look like someone with such big ne
    eds?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    do you really think I could stand living with someone like luke?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    I suppose luke has "special needs" but he's not my partner, did you just say that to piss me off again?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    besides I had bigger worries today
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    but what do you know about that, you won't believe me anyways
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @BigOnYa can answer that
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    BigOnYa already left the chat
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Biginya
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Auto correct got me, I'm on my tablet, i need to turn that shit off
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    With other tabs open you perv
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'm actually in my shed, bout to cut 2-3 acres of grass, my back yard.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I use to have a guy for that thanks richard
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I use my tablet to stream to a bluetooth speaker when in shed. iHeartRadio, FlyNation
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    While the victims are being buried
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Grave shovel
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nuh those goto the edge of the property (maybe just on the other side of)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    On the neighbors side
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yup, by the weird smelly green bushy looking plants.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://www.the-sun.com/news/10907833/self-checkout-complaints-new-target-dollar-general-policies...