s157

Grinder Extraordinaire
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
E3-Nintendo-Header.jpg

Nintendo confirms in a 2017 financial report that their E3 presence will once again be rather smaller. Keyword "again". Meaning that this E3 showing will likely be similar to the travesty that was last year's .

Nintendo Financial Results Briefing for Fiscal Year 2017 said:
Finally, the video game tradeshow E3 will be held in Los Angeles this June. Again this year, we will not be hosting a large-scale press conference for institutional investors, analysts and the media. Nintendo of America will present further information on our plans at a later date.

This doesn't bode well for 3rd party support for the switch, nor for the many switch owners hoping for the promised "amazing" E3. I'll refrain from my anguished remarks, least on this first post.

Source
Go to page 19 if you want to see the announcement concerning E3. Other than that, this briefing makes for excellent information about what is to come for the future of Nintendo.

EDIT: The report states that they will not hold a large-scale press conference. Perhaps there's a sliver of hope that a large number of games are revealed without the need of a large press conference.

Last edited by s157,
Reactions: AutumnWolf

Glyptofane

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is anyone surprised? Meanwhile, there are so many PS4 games coming out constantly that I have to plan out which ones to buy and when at the right price before physicals go out of print.

s157

Grinder Extraordinaire
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's soul-crushing. Have they not learned a single thing? I thought this would happen, and reading this to confirm my beliefs still leaves me with a huge feeling of disappointment. I really like the Switch too. I just hope this E3, no matter how small, shows us some new info for games we're not aware of yet, though my guess is it'll be probably 70% Mario Odyssey, 10% Arms, 10% Xenoblade Chronicles 2, and 10% random 3rd and 1st party ports.

Reggie did promise us a big E3. Right now, according to official nintendo sources, that's looking like a lie. I'm quite devastated honestly.

Reactions: Subtle Demise

s157

Grinder Extraordinaire
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Small press conferences and their recent methods of handling E3 have not served them well, least in public opinion.

It looks like they want to focus on 3DS as equally as the switch, if not more, and that sounds like a terrible idea. I thought it would be prudent of them to shift all their resources into making games and advertising for the switch, but they want to keep up the momentum the 3ds has apparently. The lineup of the 3ds for this year is quite nicer than what we have going for the switch as well.

That report is a good read. Or a bad one if you're expecting a lot from Nintendo and their handling of their home console.

Reactions: eckk

Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
they are just saying there wont be a press conference, so its probably gonna be a direct style video and treehouse stream again. it doesnt say anything about its content, good or bad
Definitely means it's bad. After announcing a huge E3 presence, they do a 180 and announce this?

Reactions: Subtle Demise

ut2k4master

Lord Tourettes
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Definitely means it's bad. After announcing a huge E3 presence, they do a 180 and announce this?
that doesnt necessarily imply a press conference. their e3 presence includes everything from them at e3, so the direct, the treehouse stream as well as their show floor space

Chary

Never sleeps
Chief Editor
Trophies
Website
opencritic.com
XP
Country
United States
Seems like pretty bias reporting. Just because they wouldn't be on stage, doesn't mean they would have a big presence.
I'd say that OP is taking this out of context. Just because they won't be having a press event conference (this is just an announcement that they will forgo the large theater event) does not mean that they won't have a large show floor plan.

Finally, the video game tradeshow E3 will be held in Los Angeles this June. Again this year, we will not be hosting a large-scale press conference for institutional investors, analysts and the media. Nintendo of America will present further information on our plans at a later date.

I don't understand where OP gets that "not a large-scale press conference" means a small scale presence. They don't correlate.

Last edited by Chary,

farmin

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
How on earth did you come to that conclusion?
The statement quoted just reads that Nintendo will once again will not be holding a literal "large scale" presser, meaning physically large, i.e. a stage show with lights, sound, screens and actors.
This statement is basically just confirming another E3 Nintendo direct and has nothing to do with the content of whatever they're planning.
I'm doubtful it'll be anything particularly exciting either but jeez what a reach.

Reactions: Chary

s157

Grinder Extraordinaire
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
EDIT: The report states that they will not hold a large-scale press conference. Perhaps there's a sliver of hope that a large number of games are revealed without the need of a large press conference.

I did say that it'd only mean that there'd be a smaller scale press conference and that could mean they'd still have stuff to reveal. I also stated that it doesn't bode well either as taking a similar approach to what they've done in the past did not work out very well for them aside for advertising one game. People seem to have forgotten that last year's treehouse also included Pokemon and think of it entirely as a BotW treehouse, which in all fairness it was.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Black_Manta_8bit @ Black_Manta_8bit: Oh @RedColoredStars yeah thats sad :sad: i feel it.