Nintendo Classic Console Editions

Do you want nintendo make more Classic Console?

• Yes,would be awsome play classic games on HD !

Votes: 8 61.5%
  • Maybe :/

Votes: 3 23.1%
  • No,,I want switch VC!

Votes: 2 15.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Doctor_U

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Well after i see the post about Classic SNES i thinked a second and sayed Hey maybe they made a Classic N64!

If they decide to make more classics console editions it would be awsome!

Just imagine would be awsome a GC Classic Editon ( I love GC and its one of my favorite consoles ) play Melee on HD or even if they decide to continue making classic editions play SM64 HD :o

Well its just a idea ofc

zoogie

playing around in the end of life
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Micronesia, Federated States of
Anything above N64 is going to be difficult to emulate much less requiring significantly more flash storage.

In short, it would be feasible but too expensive.

Doctor_U

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Anything above N64 is going to be difficult to emulate much less requiring significantly more flash storage.

In short, it would be feasible but too expensive.
But would be cool if they made N64 and GC classic edition and if an emulator can play GC wouldnt be too harder!?

migles

All my gbatemp friends are now mods, except for me
Trophies
XP
Country
China
the joys about NES and SNES, is emulation is really easily achieved by simple chips nowadays...
and the fact they are just a few kb in size, it's so easily achiveable...
however. as more gens nintendo goes.. i mean.. they fucking struggle to get gba games on the 3ds, and gamecube in the wii\wii u is real hardware.. i really don't believe nintendo will start to pump theese mini systems with real power to emulate newer consoles...
look at the switch... it's a 2014 tablet...

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
I would rather Nintendo focus their attention on their current gen console instead of wasting time and resources with "limited edition" classic consoles. The Switch still has no extra features, a whole 3 worthwhile titles worth bothering with (and 2 of them were basically Wii U ports), and they couldn't even keep their schedule for releasing their online service which, honestly, should've launched with the console.

But hey, at least you get to spend $80 to play 21 SNES games that you probably already played for free!

Reactions: Deleted-379826
Trophies
Website
harshamohite.com
XP
Country
United States
I want a GBA Classic Edition. That'd be fucking awesome.
I dunno, is it worth makin' classic editions of handheld systems? It makes sense for Ninty's really old console hardware, since they're quite defunct now and can't be played on modern televisions, but you can find a GBA very easily. Doesn't make too much sense to me to just have a standalone handheld with a bunch of preloaded games on it.

markehmus

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
mini's? ... :wtf: ... WTF4 , i got all the consoles and games i like for them... how about making games for the new console , not just pumping out old crap already purchased or some new game that isnt just a new mario kart/land/etc ...make something new and genius , feels like im stuck in some zelda/mario/metroid rut and now i feel like to keep up to the Jones's i gotta buy some mini version of what i have had for years.

Reactions: HaloEliteLegend

spotanjo3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
They will make the last one - N64 Mini. Makes sense because of it roms. Game Cube Mini ? Absolutely not because of larger Iso files. Yeah, N64 Mini is going to be the last one.

Will I get NES CLASSIC MINI ? Already have it. SNES CLASSIC MINI (PAL preferably) ?? It is on our next list. N64 Mini ? (ABSOLUTELY NOT.. Many games sucks except Mario 64, MegaMan 64, and Zelda).

sarkwalvein

There's hope for a Xenosaga port.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I would rather Nintendo focus their attention on their current gen console instead of wasting time and resources with "limited edition" classic consoles. The Switch still has no extra features, a whole 3 worthwhile titles worth bothering with (and 2 of them were basically Wii U ports), and they couldn't even keep their schedule for releasing their online service which, honestly, should've launched with the console.

But hey, at least you get to spend $80 to play 21 SNES games that you probably already played for free!
TBH, I don't think they even put time or resources into this.
They just entrust the development and programming of the emulator machine to some third party, put readily available roms into it, and share profits.
No resources or time is taken away from current gen consoles, because Nintendo does nothing of it. Just doing no work, milking their licenses and money is printed.

Reactions: dpad_5678

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
I think the SNES Classic is awesome, I grew up playing SNES games. I won't be buying it though, because it's lacking most of my favorites, namely Final Fantasy IV (II on snes) Super Mario All-Stars, DKC 2/3, Bubsy, Breath of Fire 1/2, Gradius III, Darius Twin, Super R-Type, probably a few others I'm forgetting. At least it has Super Mario RPG which wasn't originally released in EU so that's pretty cool, and it does have a bunch of my favorites.

I realize there's no way they could include all of the great SNES games (there are so many of them), I just don't think I would get much use out of it since I would still need to use an emulator any time I want to play games that aren't on it. This wouldn't be a big issue if it had a cartridge slot, oh well. If it can be hacked like the NES Classic then I may get one. Mom likes to play SNES sometimes too as we used to have a lot of fun when I grew up and she rented a SNES sometimes with Bubsy and DKC2 / DKC3, most of her favorites aren't on the SNES Classic though so no point in gifting her one.

Reactions: Doctor_U

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    it wasn't a question, it was fact
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    He said he had 3 different doctors apt this week, so he prob there. Something about gerbal extraction, I don't know.
    +1
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    bored, guess i'll spread more democracy
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    @K3Nv2 one more time you say such bs to @BakerMan and I'll smack you across the whole planet
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Make sure you smack my booty daddy
    +1
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    telling him that my partner is luke...does he look like someone with such big ne
    eds?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    do you really think I could stand living with someone like luke?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    I suppose luke has "special needs" but he's not my partner, did you just say that to piss me off again?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    besides I had bigger worries today
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    but what do you know about that, you won't believe me anyways
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @BigOnYa can answer that
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    BigOnYa already left the chat
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Biginya
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Auto correct got me, I'm on my tablet, i need to turn that shit off
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    With other tabs open you perv
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'm actually in my shed, bout to cut 2-3 acres of grass, my back yard.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I use to have a guy for that thanks richard
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I use my tablet to stream to a bluetooth speaker when in shed. iHeartRadio, FlyNation
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    While the victims are being buried
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Grave shovel
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nuh those goto the edge of the property (maybe just on the other side of)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    On the neighbors side
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yup, by the weird smelly green bushy looking plants.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://www.the-sun.com/news/10907833/self-checkout-complaints-new-target-dollar-general-policies...