Nintendo Announces Two New 3DS Systems Coming This Fall

New3DS_ACHHD_Final_Render.jpg

At the GameStop Managers Conference in Las Vegas, Nintendo announced that the New Nintendo 3DS system will launch in the U.S. as part of a special bundle on Sept. 25. The bundle includes the new hand-held system, the upcoming Animal Crossing: Happy Home Designer game, two cover plates and one amiibo card at a suggested retail price of $219.99.

In addition, a Hyrule Edition New Nintendo 3DS XL system will launch exclusively in GameStop stores on Oct. 30 at a suggested retail price of $199.99, just in time for the launch of The Legend of Zelda: Tri Force Heroes (sold separately) on Oct. 23. The system is gold-colored and features an intricate Hylian Crest on the front.

Other news revealed at the GameStop Conference included the debut of three new Wii Remote Plus controllers inspired by classic Mushroom Kingdom characters Bowser, Toad and Yoshi.

"More than 15 million systems in the Nintendo 3DS family have been sold in the U.S. alone," said Scott Moffitt, Nintendo of America's Executive Vice President of Sales & Marketing. "These new models offer additional fun ways to experience some of the great upcoming Nintendo 3DS games launching in the next few months."

New Nintendo 3DS incorporates all the same enhanced features as the New Nintendo 3DS XL system, including a wider range of controls, face-tracking 3D and built-in NFC functionality that allows for communication with amiibo figures. The compact system also features interchangeable cover plates that can be easily swapped out to change the look of the device*. Two cover plates inspired by Animal Crossing: Happy Home Designer are included in the bundle.

Various amiibo cards launch with the Animal Crossing: Happy Home Designer game on Sept. 25. Tapping compatible amiibo cards while playing Animal Crossing: Happy Home Designeris a way to meet favorite Animal Crossing characters with their separate personalities and design requests in the game. People who own the Nintendo 3DS, Nintendo 3DS XL or Nintendo 2DS systems can still use the cards to enjoy Animal Crossing: Happy Home Designer by purchasing the Nintendo 3DS NFC Reader/Writer accessory at a suggested retail price of $19.99. The wireless accessory also launches on Sept. 25 and allows players to enjoy amiibo figures and cards on all other systems in the Nintendo 3DS family.

Joining previously released Wii Remote Plus controllers themed after Mario, Luigi and Princess Peach, three new controllers inspired by Bowser, Toad and Yoshi will launch exclusively at GameStop at a suggested retail price of $39.99 each. The Bowser and Toad controllers will launch alongside the Super Mario Maker game for the Wii U console on the 11th of September, while the Yoshi version will hop on the back of the Yoshi's Woolly World launch on Oct. 16. Wii Remote Plus includes Wii MotionPlus technology, and works with all Wii and Wii U games that are compatible with Wii Remote controllers.

Bowser, the newest member of the Photos with Mario series of Nintendo eShop Cards, is coming this fall – exclusively at GameStop. Customers can add $10 to their Nintendo eShop accounts and get the new Bowser AR card at no additional cost. With the Bowser AR card, players can use their Nintendo 3DS systems to play and pose with Bowser and other Mushroom Kingdom characters in the free Photos with Mario app.

For more information about New Nintendo 3DS, visit http://www.nintendo.com/3ds/new-nintendo-3ds/
*A #0 crosshead screwdriver (sold separately) is required to remove and attach cover plates on the New Nintendo 3DS system.

Maximilious

Whistles a familiar tune
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The title here compounds the problem. I also thought there were more revisions incoming.

Not really. The product name is the New 3DS. The title is right, stating there are two New 3DS systems to be available. But the title also shows how poor the product naming was by Nintendo at it's conception and how we poked fun at the idea while we were waiting for the release.

mkdms14

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
3.2.1....... and the New Zelda 3ds XL is gone!!!!!!! Not sure how long it was up for, but seriously there should be no reason why these things should be soo hard to find. Man I miss the good old days when limited edition anything from Nintendo was easy to buy. I picked up the limited edition Ocarina Of time original 3ds at best buy after it had been out for a month. I picked up the 3ds xl link between worlds right before christmas time at my local gamestop. Hell I was even able to pick up the Wind Waker WiiU system bundle 6 months after being on the market now these things sell out in 10 minutes flat. Lucky for me I was able to get my preorder of the Majora's Mask 3ds XL at gamestop right as they opened after being sold out online but man this has become ridiculous.

Zeriel

Squid Kid
Trophies
XP
Country
Damn I hate that the Zelda one is just the top cover Gold and not half Gold half Black like the Link between Worlds

That Shizue 3DS is so CUTE! XD I need to learn how to make Plushies lol!

tbb043

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm glad they're releasing the non-XL, not because I'd ever buy one, but rather so people will stop bitching about the stupid thing not coming out here.

Zeriel

Squid Kid
Trophies
XP
Country
I'm glad they're releasing the non-XL, not because I'd ever buy one, but rather so people will stop bitching about the stupid thing not coming out here.

I dont know why people would want a smaller screen. Nintendo should just bring face plates and more colors to the XL

Cavioe

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
3.2.1....... and the New Zelda 3ds XL is gone!!!!!!! Not sure how long it was up for, but seriously there should be no reason why these things should be soo hard to find. Man I miss the good old days when limited edition anything from Nintendo was easy to buy. I picked up the limited edition Ocarina Of time original 3ds at best buy after it had been out for a month. I picked up the 3ds xl link between worlds right before christmas time at my local gamestop. Hell I was even able to pick up the Wind Waker WiiU system bundle 6 months after being on the market now these things sell out in 10 minutes flat. Lucky for me I was able to get my preorder of the Majora's Mask 3ds XL at gamestop right as they opened after being sold out online but man this has become ridiculous.

It is NOT sold out yet. If you have a local gamestop store in your area call them and see if they have any remaining pre-orders to fill. From my understanding they did not do the same mistake like last time and are spreading around the systems to reach everyone easier. So each store may have more to fill for pre-orders. And don't pay those people on ebay as it is not sold out. They are misinforming people.

Zeriel

Squid Kid
Trophies
XP
Country
Booo, I wanted to be special with my region swapped JP N3DS, lol. I'll laugh my ass off though, if they come on 9.3+

They will, I mean they're brand new so they will be higher than 9.4, wouldn't be surprised if they where 9.9
and if you try to find an old limited edition one it has to be new on the box because people update them and then
they would cost 500$

I guess is regular Black 3ds for me, but Region swaped to Japanese and being able to play CIAs makes it worth it
having the most boring color

grossaffe

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I dont know why people would want a smaller screen. Nintendo should just bring face plates and more colors to the XL
Because it's more portable. You know, kinda a big selling point for handheld devices is to actually be able to take it places.

DaftMink

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For me it's all about the lower touch screen, I tried the XL but had trouble reaching all the masks in Majors Mask with my thumbs.
Also the smaller size is closer to my original cosmos black 3ds so I hopefully won't need to adjust my grip much allowing me to swap back and forth.
I also like the idea of face-plates, the colored buttons, and the white color option as at least with the Wii accessories it shows the least finger prints.

Reactions: Zeriel

Zeriel

Squid Kid
Trophies
XP
Country
Because it's more portable. You know, kinda a big selling point for handheld devices is to actually be able to take it places.

Yea but the difference is not big at all, it's not like you're carrying around a toaster! The body is slightly bigger but the screen is 90% bigger! The XL is still just as portable unless you plan to stuff it on your front pocket and I wouldn't do that anyway, I have a separate carrying case.

The thing is games like Smash bros where you got 4 characters fighting on the screen are just really hard to see, I can't imagine playing without the XL, everything just looks way better on the XL. The new3DS has improved but put an old regular 3ds next to an old XL and you'll see it the XL totally takes a dump on it. For like 20$ more I think is a bad idea not to take the much bigger screen.

grossaffe

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yea but the difference is not big at all, it's not like you're carrying around a toaster! The body is slightly bigger but the screen is 90% bigger! The XL is still just as portable unless you plan to stuff it on your front pocket and I wouldn't do that anyway, I have a separate carrying case.

The thing is games like Smash bros where you got 4 characters fighting on the screen are just really hard to see, I can't imagine playing without the XL, everything just looks way better on the XL. The new3DS has improved but put an old regular 3ds next to an old XL and you'll see it the XL totally takes a dump on it. For like 20$ more I think is a bad idea not to take the much bigger screen.
And that is why there are two models. The XL for people like you who want a bigger screen, and the regular for people like me who prefer portability.

Cavioe

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think Nintendo is still making a wrong business decision still. They should just release the small version in basic colors as not everyone is going to buy that special edition as it costs more and has extra costs if they want to change color. I would be first to buy multiple of them for the kids as my sons do not want that girly theme on theirs.

Gregora

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just wish that there are as many options to customize the n3ds XL as there are for the n3ds. I guess the only way for that is to get stickers or get a paint job done to it. The last time I tried to swap housings for handhelds, I apparently killed a ds fat and a dsixl. Not doing that again.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

Recent Content

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: good night