Nintendo announces first smartphone game: Miitomo

1494780741459268425.jpg

Today Nintendo announced it's first mobile game:
Miitomo.

From the WSJ:
Nintendo has introduced its long-awaited and highly anticipated first smartphone app, called Miitomo, but pushed back the release date to the spring of next year. The title is a new franchise for the company– first of five smartphone apps Nintendo plans to release by March 2016. But we’re not sure whether to call Miitomo a game. Users will design their own avatars, or miis, to communicate with other users.

1494780741710839625.jpg

1494780741594805065.jpg

:arrow:WSJ

KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Same company that dropped Swapnote? Probably trying to find away to make it as safe as possible. Anyway, cool.
Really trying to be different, but Mario or DK Run wouldn't hurt.

Last edited by KingVamp,

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
And if it's on our phones, we can get the sprites :P
I like your thinking! Unless they come encrypted like everything else they release... Let's hope not.

Bladexdsl

fanboys triggered 9k+
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I see it as a relief. I have no obligation as a Nintendo fan to get it- unfortunately when DeNA gets the exclusive rights to Mario Galaxy 3 I might start flipping tables.
with any luck they will put all the crappy boring 2d marios on phones and leave all the good 3d ones for NX. that way we'll be rid of 2d mario on NX forever :P

Arras

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
with any luck they will put all the crappy boring 2d marios on phones and leave all the good 3d ones for NX. that way we'll be rid of 2d mario on NX forever :P
Mario Maker actually looks fun though. Not to mention 2D Mario games still sell ridiculously well. There's no way they'd drop them.

Reactions: TotalInsanity4

tony_2018

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I would expect a mario game to kickstart this new platform. Not some cheesy ass miitomo game. I know there all about family oriented games and damn, look AROUND YOU.

Reactions: PF2M

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl: Have a nice day. Life. Week. Month. year.