Obligations fulfilled, now I depart.
Trophies
XP
Country
koimayeul said:
Ninty got tired getting rolled over by good 'ol PSP lol

Good move now release original games and i might buy one
wink.gif

In Japan, I think the 3DS has been getting steamrolled by the PSP. In Western countries, not so much. The PSP is pretty much already dead everywhere that isn't Japan.

dgwillia

The Bacon Lover
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
As an early adopter (Day 1), i can say that i am not mad in the least. Free games is quite awesome
happy.gif

Atleast they dont leave customers out to dry like Sony and the PSP's (Namely the GO)

Deleted member 473940

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
skawo96 said:
Tanveer said:
$170 is about £110 o.o
Thats way cheaper than DSi.. heck thats cheaper than DS lite around its launch.

They REALLY are trying to boost their sell desperately...
I'm assuming they will ass it up in Europe, and make it £150
Erhmm, well it was already sold for £154 on amazon.

If they officially cut it down to around £150, expect it for much lower on online retailers
smile.gif

But I would guess £129.99
and that you can grab it for £100 on amazon.
Meh, I feel like I wasted my money on getting it. All the hype.. I coudnt bare it and now the 3DS log shows I played less than 8 hours in 3 months time lol...

thela_kid

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
im really freakin' pissed. i want my 80 bucks back. i wanted to return it but best buy won't take it back after 30 days. i have ONE game, LoZ OoT, and frankly im bored shitless with it. -.-' ill trade someone this 3ds for a price-dropped one and 80 bucks

granville

GBAtemp Goat
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Trying to fix the merge mess. Pm'ed Costy. I'll let him decide whether to merge this or lock and link to the other discussion. I'll clean my redundant posts afterwards. And yeah, merged it wrong and reversed it. I don't know how that happened (must have merged them in the wrong order).

Nathan Drake

Trophies
XP
Country
dgwillia said:
As an early adopter (Day 1), i can say that i am not mad in the least. Free games is quite awesome
happy.gif

Atleast they dont leave customers out to dry like Sony and the PSP's (Namely the GO)

Are you unaware of the free games with the Go thing that happened due to the lack of sales of what should have been the ultimate PSP revision? With every new purchase, people got something like three or five or ten free PSP games off a select (none too shabby) list. Of course, then you had to wait for all of them to download as they slowly ate most of your Go's internal memory.

koimayeul

Trophies
XP
Country
France
thela_kid said:
im really freakin' pissed. i want my 80 bucks back. i wanted to return it but best buy won't take it back after 30 days. i have ONE game, LoZ OoT, and frankly im bored shitless with it. -.-' ill trade someone this 3ds for a price-dropped one and 80 bucks
" special free VC games to early adopters who paid full "

dgwillia

The Bacon Lover
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nathan Drake said:
dgwillia said:
happy.gif

Are you unaware of the free games with the Go thing that happened due to the lack of sales of what should have been the ultimate PSP revision? With every new purchase, people got something like three or five or ten free PSP games off a select (none too shabby) list. Of course, then you had to wait for all of them to download as they slowly ate most of your Go's internal memory.

I am, but they didnt apply for early adopters. I mean, i didnt pay for my GO (Nor do i regret it), but it was still pretty shady of them to exclude anyone who purchased it before a drop.

Deleted member 473940

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
thela_kid said:
Dont think that would quite work out
wink.gif

But, quickly check GAMESTOP or whatever gaming store and see how much the trade-in value is as of now lol.

damedus

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
awesome 20 games to have on my console where some ill actually play. This beats the psp/ps3 gift by a landslide and the fact they are saying the GBA games wont be up for sale makes me happy I early adopted.

Nathan Drake

Trophies
XP
Country
dgwillia said:
Nathan Drake said:
dgwillia said:
happy.gif

I am, but they didnt apply for early adopters. I mean, i didnt pay for my GO (Nor do i regret it), but it was still pretty shady of them to exclude anyone who purchased it before a drop.

Sales for the Go were abysmal at that point in time. I don't think Sony thought the backlash was going to be so bad for excluding what were current owners of the system. I don't really remember any backlash, but that's probably due to the whole abysmal sales thing. Not like Go sales really picked up anyways until it was hacked. It really shows what the average PSP owner has in mind (and I'm sure Sony noticed too with the sudden increase in sales and new hacks for their portable. I figure that they just gave up trying to stop piracy.).

lol @ the mention of the Welcome Back program. The Welcome Back program was to keep people happy. Customers didn't lose anything other than online time. Sony didn't have to give them anything. It was a courtesy, though a necessary one to keep some people on the systems.

Edit: Good lord that typo was a bad one.

lostdwarf

Trophies
Website
www.rockstarleeds.com
XP
Country
Glad I sold my 3DS back to asda, I will wait till after christmas still just in case the price goes down again, plus I want a new 3DS that doesnt scratch itself.
May just wait for a new model.
good news though.

ahtin

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Hong Kong
granville said:
I don't think this needs to be locked, just merged. Ahtin gets full credit for breaking the Japanese price cut and i wish to convey my thanks to him for that. I posted a front page article that covered more of the entire story. I shall try to get these posts and this topic merged.

I am not a English user and cant write a good story for Gbatemp, I only share a big news as soon as possible here after I get it. We are doing a same thing here but I really care about duplicate discussion thread problem, to get a credit is not my goal for share news at Gbatemp, I have lots of credit from Gbatemp many years ago XD, thank you for merge the discussion and keep update the official news for worldwide price cut details.

P.S.: I will EDIT the first page to notice members for full story at official NEWS thread.

Erdnaxela

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Uh oh I'm quite happy to be an early adopter, so much good free game
biggrin.gif

And yay for price cut, everyone will be happy!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    it wasn't a question, it was fact
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    He said he had 3 different doctors apt this week, so he prob there. Something about gerbal extraction, I don't know.
    +1
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    bored, guess i'll spread more democracy
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    @K3Nv2 one more time you say such bs to @BakerMan and I'll smack you across the whole planet
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Make sure you smack my booty daddy
    +1
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    telling him that my partner is luke...does he look like someone with such big ne
    eds?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    do you really think I could stand living with someone like luke?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    I suppose luke has "special needs" but he's not my partner, did you just say that to piss me off again?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    besides I had bigger worries today
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    but what do you know about that, you won't believe me anyways
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @BigOnYa can answer that
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    BigOnYa already left the chat
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Biginya
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Auto correct got me, I'm on my tablet, i need to turn that shit off
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    With other tabs open you perv
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'm actually in my shed, bout to cut 2-3 acres of grass, my back yard.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I use to have a guy for that thanks richard
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I use my tablet to stream to a bluetooth speaker when in shed. iHeartRadio, FlyNation
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    While the victims are being buried
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Grave shovel
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nuh those goto the edge of the property (maybe just on the other side of)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    On the neighbors side
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yup, by the weird smelly green bushy looking plants.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://www.the-sun.com/news/10907833/self-checkout-complaints-new-target-dollar-general-policies...