Hardware Nintendo 3DS to come with '3D control stick,' vibration

elimist

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am sure that nin10doh will go for something stupid like putting 2 lcd s stacked so that one image looks higher up than another. The 3d will probably be only for the top screen.

jalaneme

Female Gamer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
nIxx said:
Yeah and one handed people can´t use it too or blind people lol
No seriously Nintendo or any other company can´t think about everyones special case or state of his health and so on
wink.gif

on top of that people with glasses won't be able to see it either, i am unable to see magic eye because of the same reason.

Overlord Nadrian

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
CannonFoddr said:
I just had a thought....
Wasn't there a post recently on GBATemp about Nintendo putting a patent in for a new cartridge design ????

Could THIS be used on the 3DS to prevent all the current flashcards from working ?????
Yeah, I made a post about it already, but it might just be a proof of concept and never be released (the new cartridge, that is).

CannonFoddr

Regular GBATemp Lurker
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Overlord Nadrian said:
CannonFoddr said:
I just had a thought....
Wasn't there a post recently on GBATemp about Nintendo putting a patent in for a new cartridge design ????

Could THIS be used on the 3DS to prevent all the current flashcards from working ?????
Yeah, I made a post about it already, but it might just be a proof of concept and never be released (the new cartridge, that is).
Another post also said something about the 3DS will be backward compatible - so they CAN'T really change the slot anyway

Overlord Nadrian

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
CannonFoddr said:
Overlord Nadrian said:
CannonFoddr said:
I just had a thought....

Another post also said something about the 3DS will be backward compatible - so they CAN'T really change the slot anyway
Well, the DS was backwards compatible with the GBA and changed the slot completely.

dsfanatic5

Team ICO Freak
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm excited about this new DS. It takes what's already in place, adds a new visual dimension, and gives us a more practical control setup. Backwards compatibility assures that we'll have all the standard controls of the DS(Lite, etc.), with the sorely missing analog stick that has become standard since the N64.

It's understandable that everyone will have reservations about the 3D imaging, but I have a strong feeling that once I see the 3DS in person, I'm going to want one immediately......Flash carts or not.

(Edit) I must also add that a new WarioWare game would get me onboard right away. With motion support, touch screen, microphone, cameras, and 3D effects, anything is possible for this great series.

OtakuGamerZ

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
All Ninty needs for me is a 3D F-Zero.
Super-ultra fast 3D racer and a 3D world flying by with 3D Falcon PUNCH! IN 3D!!!

Demonofbirth

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Jiggah said:
So, headtracking? That's what the 3D is then?
haha no, lenticular lenses, they are like those adds or maybe bookmarks you see that change angle when you move, but this will be slightly more advanced

DSGamer64

Canadian, Eh?
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
CannonFoddr said:
Here's any idea - Perhaps the 'd-pad' & x/y/a/b/ buttons are being replaced with an analog controllers ??
Digital pads most likely. Some games on the iTouch use the touch screen which works fine, however the screen is not sensitive enough to detect multiple directions or quick reactions.

Bumpman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
xcdjy said:
CannonFoddr said:
Overlord Nadrian said:
CannonFoddr said:
I just had a thought....

Apparently, the game cards for 3DS will be like an elongated version of DS game cards... which means that the slot is likely to be deeper. I'm guessing that you can somehow insert a DS game card into it...
It's possible that everything underneath ds cartridge lenghth is smaller

D

Deleted_171835

xcdjy said:
Saddamsdevil said:
Screw pokemon, full speed Sonic is what I'd like to play on this
biggrin.gif

But 3D?
Uhm. Not too sure. I enjoyed Sonic Rush + Sonic Rush Adventure on DS more than (full-on) 3D Sonic titles.
Ya.
Sonic in 3D wouldn't work too well. Especially on a portable.

Moots

The Incredible Sulk
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Exactly, you all have these high hopes for pokemon, and smash brothers, etc. What you'll get is I Petz: 3D Island3 adventure and what not.

Smash brothers? A release title? HAHA same with Pokemon! Won't happen, especially considering smash brothers has never been portable, and with Nintendo's shitty Wifi it will never be, because the best part of that game is playing with friends.

You guys are so naive, nintendo doesn't play to the gamers, they pay to the kids, and the parents. You know, the people who make this system its actual money. If you think its Gamers who provide the bulk of the profits you are sadly mistaken.

Nintendo has officially become a gimmick company, the Wii in its entirety is a gimmick, I don't even play games that require motion control, and still use my game cube controller to play mario kart, which is about the only reason I still have a wii. The 3DS will be no different.

Hope and pray people, hope and pray you get atleast a handfull of decent games that have depth etc a year. You'll have to dig through the hundreds of Animal Vets adventures, Barbie stylist cart racing, every bad movie game etc to find them though.

_Chaz_

GBAtemp's Official Mook™
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Moots said:
Exactly, you all have these high hopes for pokemon, and smash brothers, etc. What you'll get is I Petz: 3D Island3 adventure and what not.

Smash brothers? A release title? HAHA same with Pokemon! Won't happen, especially considering smash brothers has never been portable, and with Nintendo's shitty Wifi it will never be, because the best part of that game is playing with friends.

You guys are so naive, nintendo doesn't play to the gamers, they pay to the kids, and the parents. You know, the people who make this system its actual money. If you think its Gamers who provide the bulk of the profits you are sadly mistaken.

Nintendo has officially become a gimmick company, the Wii in its entirety is a gimmick, I don't even play games that require motion control, and still use my game cube controller to play mario kart, which is about the only reason I still have a wii. The 3DS will be no different.

Hope and pray people, hope and pray you get atleast a handfull of decent games that have depth etc a year. You'll have to dig through the hundreds of Animal Vets adventures, Barbie stylist cart racing, every bad movie game etc to find them though.

So, after every Nintendo system has had a title for the classics like Legend of Zelda and Super Mario and in portable cases Pokemon, you think that Nintendo would break away from a system like that and lose millions of fans and purchases because they want to make terrible games?

What in the hell is wrong with you?
Think before you post and maybe you'll make a good argument.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: "Now I know why he took his own life"