Hardware Nintendo 3DS Hinge and Smudges Discrepancy

• Thread starter Deleted User
  • Start date
  • Views 7,004
  • Replies 49

How wide does your 3DS Hinge move? (IF YOU HAVE NOT HAD A 3DS FOR MORE THAN 3 WEEKS, CHOOSE LAST OPT

• As Wide as the video in spoiler 1.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • As Wide as the video in spoiler 2 and Noise

• Loose left hinge (Spoiler 3)- Can choose both this and one of the two above

• There is no screen movement WHATSOEVER and screen locks neatly into place.

• I HAVE NOT HAD A 3DS FOR AT LEAST THREE WEEKS/ I DO NOT OWN A 3DS

• Total voters
D

Deleted_171835

OP
3DS hinge resembles the one in the first video. There are quite a lot of smudges on my 3DS but that's probably because of my own carelessness. Everything except for the circle pad smudge can be removed.

Serial: CW1074

person66

If it isn't edited, it isn't a true person66 post
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
My 3DS originally squeaked a bit, but doesn't really anymore. The wobble is not nearly as bad as any of the videos, and if I ever see smudges, it is just from the edge of the touch screen, and even those are rare.

If I remember I will come back with the beginning part of the serial # later.

kotaro_14

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I meant to choose the left hinge is loose oops... But yeah this is definitely a problem Nintendo needs to fix. They did say on their website that the Hinge movement is natural and that as long as the screen isn't laying totally flat and you can't sit it up then that's normal. But seriously whenever I play Naruto The New Era and I have to use the 3DS to turn and use motion for some scenes like move your 3DS left and then right then do a rapid swirly motion thing, I always have to hold the screen by it's sides b/c I feel like it's going to get worse and eventually fall off.

Serial 6 digit: CJF102

Sonic4Ever

Trophies
XP
Country
France
I don't have a hinge or smudge problem, but I have one dead pixel at the bottom left of my screen. I barely notice it though.

Eerpow

*swoosh*
Trophies
XP
Country
For those of you with squeaky 3DS hinges, use some lube.
Seriously, it shouldn't be harder than that, just make sure you apply it with something thin, a piece of paper should do the trick
just to make sure you get enough lube where it's needed.

My 3ds d-pad was squeaky when I first got it (early April) but after lubricating it it got smoother and hasn't made any squeaky sounds since. Thankfully that's the only fault my 3DS has, the hinge is slightly less loose than the fist video example, and so far there hasn't been any kind of marks on the top screen left by the bottom part, well except for one time when the circle-pad was dirty but it was only visible if you held it under strong light, nothing I couldn't get rid of with a microfiber cloth though.
And yes I do take my 3DS out so it isn't like it's always zero pressure on the lid.
For those with scratches on their screen or whatever part of the 3ds that's been scratched (since all the 3DS's parts are shiny plastic) use DISPLEX, with time and some elbow grease that thing does miracles. I've actually already used it on my 3DS bottom part (battery cover) which had barely visible scratches but still it was rather new and it was before I got some form of protection for it.

Anyway...
Is it absolutely necessary to write the serial #?
I have thin protective aluminum caps on the bottom and top of my 3DS, and I'm I don't feel like taking them off right now but if you really need it then...

D

Deleted User

OP
kotaro_14 said:
I meant to choose the left hinge is loose oops... But yeah this is definitely a problem Nintendo needs to fix. They did say on their website that the Hinge movement is natural and that as long as the screen isn't laying totally flat and you can't sit it up then that's normal. But seriously whenever I play Naruto The New Era and I have to use the 3DS to turn and use motion for some scenes like move your 3DS left and then right then do a rapid swirly motion thing, I always have to hold the screen by it's sides b/c I feel like it's going to get worse and eventually fall off.

Serial 6 digit: CJF102
Yes, it feels shitty. And there are smudges galore. And it ruined my Hori Screen P's...

kotaro_14

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sonic4Ever said:
I don't have a hinge or smudge problem, but I have one dead pixel at the bottom left of my screen. I barely notice it though.

Don't you wanna send it to Nintendo to get it fixed? Warranty covered.

Decooter

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My screen has some definite give, and also the system squeaks when i put pressure on the buttons when im holding it in the air. I've had mine for about a month now.

(Semi off-topic: Would I be able to send it to Nintendo for a replacement due to the screen wobble and squeakiness, or would they send it back saying it didn't need a replacement because everything technically works fine? Also how would I go about sending it back to them? Do I request packaging to be sent via their website or a sticker to slap on any old box? I've never had to send in a system before.)

kotaro_14

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Decooter said:
My screen has some definite give, and also the system squeaks when i put pressure on the buttons when im holding it in the air. I've had mine for about a month now.

(Semi off-topic: Would I be able to send it to Nintendo for a replacement due to the screen wobble and squeakiness, or would they send it back saying it didn't need a replacement because everything technically works fine? Also how would I go about sending it back to them? Do I request packaging to be sent via their website or a sticker to slap on any old box? I've never had to send in a system before.)

You should ask Nintendo first I guess. I'm sure that just b/c of the hinge they won't replace it, but maybe the squeaking sound.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @salazarcosplay, Morning