• Likes 38

What do you think about this "hack"?

• Total voters

Mr. Sandman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Pretty big news, yellows8 only hacked 3ds died today (yes, this means progress stops):

irc:
Code:
<yellows8> hmm, my 3ds is failing to boot, screens won't turn on... the last
thing I did on this 3ds was try to use this service command, but that command
wasn't actually used since my socket code for using this service wasn't loading
the command data correctly. http://3dbrew.org/wiki/PTMSYSM:SetInfo
LEDPatternHeader

I've been reading this thread since it's been up, but signed up just to say that if Yellow8 needs a 3DS with 4.5.0 firmware, i'm actually trying to sell mine.

If anyone could pass this message along to him, that'd be awesome.

Reactions: Boy12

Snailface

My frothing demand for 3ds homebrew is increasing
Trophies
Engine Room with Cyan, watching him learn.
XP
I've been reading this thread since it's been up, but signed up just to say that if Yellow8 needs a 3DS with 4.5.0 firmware, i'm actually trying to sell mine.

If anyone could pass this message along to him, that'd be awesome.
He got a new hackable 3DSxl last Saturday : )

Boy12

NOT a new member!
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Updated info about Gateway.

Thank's =)
Also, did you receive some updates from Neimod or Yellows8 regarding the (already patched 4.5.0-10E) exploit?
By this i mean, are they gonna release it since it's already patched in later FW versions, or are they going to keep it from the publicy?

D

Deleted User

OP
Thank's =)
Also, did you receive some updates from Neimod or Yellows8 regarding the (already patched 4.5.0-10E) exploit?
By this i mean, are they gonna release it since it's already patched in later FW versions, or are they going to keep it from the publicy?

They said they're not releasing it since it's already patched. Doesn't mater because even if they did, unless you were a dev or hacker of some kind you wouldn't know what to do with it.

D

Deleted User

OP
Roguezz are you sure these two exploits aren't the same?
They sound like the same to me. They were both patched on the same version.

What two exploits? The Gateway and The firmware? I doubt it, but it is highly possible. It IS possible that the Gateway is a different one though, it's like the original DS exploit, where it tricks it into thinking it's a retail cart so it can only hold one game at a time. Anyway, Nintendo patched everything in the same exploit, even normal DS carts. They usually do.

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
What two exploits? The Gateway and The firmware? I doubt it, but it is highly possible. It IS possible that the Gateway is a different one though, it's like the original DS exploit, where it tricks it into thinking it's a retail cart so it can only hold one game at a time. Anyway, Nintendo patched everything in the same exploit, even normal DS carts. They usually do.
yellows8's exploit and this one. The exploit and how the hack works are completely unrelated. The exploit is just a means to gain access to the system.

Thorhian

My CPU's prefer Water
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
so is their project, really at a stand still? sorry been gone for so long, that i really have not had a lot of time to catch up.

Basically, the initial exploit, the DS MSET exploit, is used to get in while the patched Kernal exploit (pretty sure this is the same one that yellows was using to get kernal access) is preventing use on versions above 4.5. The MSET part works on the newest version however (for now...).

One thing I don't get however, is that Ninty should have known about this MSET hack being a "possible" route in the first place as an exploit. If they did, then why hasn't it been fixed by now...

hhs

You will not like the outcome of this encounter
Trophies
XP
Country
They said they're not releasing it since it's already patched. Doesn't mater because even if they did, unless you were a dev or hacker of some kind you wouldn't know what to do with it.
Reminds me of when I was a little kid and my parents would be like "We were going to take you to McDonalds but now we won't because you were bad," when in reality they never were going to.

Saturosias

thank
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Reminds me of when I was a little kid and my parents would be like "We were going to take you to McDonalds but now we won't because you were bad," when in reality they never were going to.

The difference being, they said from the beginning that they would never release the full kernel access exploit.

Reactions: Rydian and Boy12
D

Deleted User

OP
yellows8's exploit and this one. The exploit and how the hack works are completely unrelated. The exploit is just a means to gain access to the system.

I think Yellow8 confirmed
They said from the time people started asking them that they were not going to release it.
That's not true, they just said that they won't release it because Nintendo could patch it, but now it's already patched. most likely Nintendo threatened them with a law suite and took it or they're a part of Gateway 3DS hence the firmware bypass, etc. Either way, they said they'd release it later on once they hack it properly-not that you could do anything with it.

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
I think Yellow8 confirmed
That's not true, they just said that they won't release it because Nintendo could patch it, but now it's already patched. most likely Nintendo threatened them with a law suite and took it or they're a part of Gateway 3DS hence the firmware bypass, etc. Either way, they said they'd release it later on once they hack it properly-not that you could do anything with it.
All that I read from them indicates they had no plans to release what they had.

nexuspunk

the mysterious one.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
They said from the time people started asking them that they were not going to release it.
it doesn't really matter to me if they release it now, with all the updates i did to my 3ds to keep up with the new games. I wouldn't have been able to use it even if they did release it, so its all good.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy: 112TB in this photo 😎😎