• Total voters

RupeeClock

Colors 3D Snivy!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I could get the game for free if I traded in enough games but 2 reasons why I wouldnt do that
1. The chances of me getting the exploitable game are 1/Retail Games on 3DS
2. It wouldn't be worth it
Well obviously you won't try and get the game without knowing what it is, right?
It might actually be TOTALLY worth it by the time they get something ready for the public. In any case it might be good to keep an exploitable cartridge prepared, and a 3DS disconnected from Wifi altogether.

Shubshub

The Shubinator
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
Well obviously you won't try and get the game without knowing what it is, right?
It might actually be TOTALLY worth it by the time they get something ready for the public. In any case it might be good to keep an exploitable cartridge prepared, and a 3DS disconnected from Wifi altogether.
But then I can't play Mario Kart 7 Online plus they won't release a Physical Cartridge with a Patch in it,
Plus once an Update Patch is released for said game it all becomes clear pretty much

Qtis

Grey Knight Inquisitor
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
But then I can't play Mario Kart 7 Online plus they won't release a Physical Cartridge with a Patch in it,
Plus once an Update Patch is released for said game it all becomes clear pretty much
Sure they can release a physical cart with a patch on it, but when will that happen? They sure as hell won't call back all sold copies of the games. Used game market will never give their copies back. Also if they released the game today and went to your local gaming store, I doubt they'd say "Gee, I think Nintendo told us not to sell this game because of the possible hack for it". They could do that a lot later, but I realllly doubt it.

Rei7

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Malaysia
This is definitely good news. I'm still buying original games but this will come in handy as I want to play ProjectX and Monster Hunter. The hell with region lock...

Rizsparky

Saiyan Prince
Trophies
XP
Country

Woudnt disabling Spotpass and removing an Access Point be enough to disable any form of auto system update? It would also still allow the system to streetpass other 3DS's

RupeeClock

Colors 3D Snivy!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Woudnt disabling Spotpass and removing an Access Point be enough to disable any form of auto system update? It would also still allow the system to streetpass other 3DS's
For the most part.
However if you walk through a Nintendo Zone hotspot, or any other hotspot the 3DS is capable of connecting to freely and automatically, that can be enough to get SpotPass notifications and is potentially enough for the 3DS to download a firmware update.

You may have to switch off the wireless function entirely to be totally secured. I haven't tried but I think the parental controls allow you to keep the wifi off entirely.

Rizsparky

Saiyan Prince
Trophies
XP
Country
For the most part.
However if you walk through a Nintendo Zone hotspot, or any other hotspot the 3DS is capable of connecting to freely and automatically, that can be enough to get SpotPass notifications and is potentially enough for the 3DS to download a firmware update.

Ah that's unfortunate, maybe the 'hack' might lead to homebrew that blocks auto updates, also cartridge/digital based updates could be blocked in the same way the disk based Wii games are currently blocked so that woudnt be too much of a problem..

RupeeClock

Colors 3D Snivy!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Ah that's unfortunate, maybe the 'hack' might lead to homebrew that blocks auto updates, also cartridge/digital based updates could be blocked in the same way the disk based Wii games are currently blocked so that woudnt be too much of a problem..
More than likely, you just tell the 3DS to disable those services or to ignore certain IP/DNS addresses or whatever.
The update partition is always separate from the game image and easily ignored.

Technicmaster0

Trophies
Website
www.flashkarten.tk
XP
Country
Gambia, The
You forgot to mention that it's a savegame exploit and maybe you should write why we don't think that it's the DS mode and that it's a "changed" error message. You can write that the exploit works with the latest firmware.

D

Deleted User

OP
You forgot to mention that it's a savegame exploit and maybe you should write why we don't think that it's the DS mode and that it's a "changed" error message. You can write that the exploit works with the latest firmware.
I haven't seen that info anywhere so once I start seeing it more often/it gets confirmed by the hackers/devs, then I'll post it. :)

EDIT: Nvm, lol. I knew about the savegame exploit.

Technicmaster0

Trophies
Website
www.flashkarten.tk
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I haven't seen that info anywhere so once I start seeing it more often/it gets confirmed by the hackers/devs, then I'll post it. :)

EDIT: Nvm, lol. I knew about the savegame exploit.
The confirmation that it's the 3DS mode and that he uses the error display: Page 5.
(It confirms that he uses the latest firmware, too).

Here is the confirmation that it's a savegame exploit: Page 9

D

Deleted User

OP
That's sad. You shouldn't have asked him whether you should post it or not :D.
Lol, yeah. I'm still going to post it, but I have to word it so that it doesn't give away what they're doing. Some of the stuff they are doing should be know by people so that they can take their minds off of certain things.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    SUPPORT LOCAL PRODUCTS, MAKE REVOLUTION
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THEY KEEP REMOVING LOCAL SHIt AND REPLACING WItH INFERIOR CHINESE CRAP
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THATS WHY MY PARTNER CANT GET A GOOTWEAR HIS SIZE ANYMORE
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    HE HAS BIG FOOT AND BIG DUCK
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    d*ck i mean*
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    lol
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Mkay.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I just ordered another package from China just to spite you.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Communism lol
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    OUR products
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @LeoTCK actually good quality products are dying out because they can't compete with dropshipped chinese crap
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    @LeoTCK is your partner the sascrotch or smth?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Good morning
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Out of nowhere I got several scars on my forearm and part of my arm and it really itches.
  • AdRoz78 @ AdRoz78:
    Hey, I bought a modchip today and it says "New 2040plus" in the top left corner. Is this a legit chip or was I scammed?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    @AdRoz78 start a thread and post a photo of the chip.
    +2
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Yawn
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    and good morning everyone
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @BakerMan, his partner is Luke
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    Sup nerds
    +1
  • Flame @ Flame: