Nintendo 3DS FAQ

Discussion in '3DS - Console, Accessories and Hardware' started by soulx, Apr 19, 2010.

Apr 19, 2010

Nintendo 3DS FAQ by soulx at 11:36 PM (58,776 Views / 0 Likes) 266 Comments

• Newcomer

ldave New Member

Message Count:
    Hungary
    Hi there,
    I'm planning to buy a 3DS XL this holiday season and I have my eyes on the limited edition white one with Mario Kart. I have just one question about it, isn't it a bit strange or distraction that the border around the screens is white? All my previous handhelds are black (DSi, PSP) so I don't have any experience with other colors.

codezer0 Gaming keeps me sane

Message Count:
    United States
    Curious, so what is the largest capacity of SD that the 3DS firmware currently supports?

For that matter, what is the fastest speed that the handheld can support? Reason I ask is because I didn't think it would be a problem regarding just getting the fastest card possible, until I first attempted using a 4GB class 10 on my Wii, and how it bugged out with it, until eventually half my data was corrupted :(

TyBlood13 *Shitty Title Here*

Message Count:
    Australia
    officially, nintendo says 32GB, but somebody formatted a 128GB card to FAT32 and it worked
    • Newcomer

sethirion New Member

Message Count:
    United States
    I may have an important question:
    Does a pre-installed game transfer from one 3DS to another with a game already installed?
    I.e. You have the bundle of red 3DS with Super Mario 3D Land game installed, and you get a 3DS XL bundle with a pre-installed game also (like Animal Crossing), will Super Mario 3D Land be transferred AND get to keep the Animal Crossing from the 3DS XL?

I see that in the web page of Nintendo they explicity said that "pre-installed applications will be copied to system B", and that "... al downloaded games transfer to system B"; however they explicitly say to apps "downloaded" and pre-installed like different thing.

Just a thing that many of my friends asked me but I have not the opportunity to do so.
    Edit:
    I remember that Nintendo does not have yet the link between games license and any kind of account (ala Gamertag), that makes me wonder even more about the transfer utility.
    Last edited by sethirion, Jul 23, 2013
    • Newcomer

Kishnabe New Member

Message Count:
    Canada
    Cart saves can they be put on the SD and then transferred to the PC as backup?

Abcdfv New Member

Message Count:
    United States

RikuCrafter New Member

Message Count:
    Australia
    With the recent news of bricks and consoles being rendered inoperable, most people here would advise against using a flashcard for the time being.

SPONSORED LINKS