Nintendo 3DS FAQ

Discussion in '3DS - Console, Accessories and Hardware' started by soulx, Apr 19, 2010.

Apr 19, 2010

Nintendo 3DS FAQ by soulx at 11:36 PM (55,889 Views / 0 Likes) 267 Comments

soulx New Member

Message Count:
    Ashmore and Cartier Islands
    That's because of magnets.

Fucking magnets.

tyuno123 New Member

Message Count:
    Malaysia
    Thanks, I'm from Malaysia I think we have local sets too or we take it in from Singapore but I'm not too sure.
    I'm going to study around Europe next year, so best I get one there instead of Malaysia right ?
    The region lock only affects what games we can play ? Nothing to do with software/firmware updates availability ?

lcleong New Member

Message Count:
    Malaysia
    NTSC U/C (Americas) = play only usa game
    NTSC J (Japan) = play only japan game
    PAL (Europe and Australia) = play only europe game
    malaysia/asia/singapore set = play only usa game

suck to be nintendo region lock..

tyuno123 New Member

Message Count:
    Malaysia
    Thanks, guess I won't be getting one soon then [IMG]

chris888222 GBAtemp's Flygon Fan

Message Count:
    Singapore
    Japan is getting a hell lot of content such as New LovePlus, Tamagochi Collection, Monster Hunter and Hatsune Miku. USA hasn't got anything yet and about 60% of the titles from the 3DS Conference in Japan not too long ago will not likely hit USA. (the games I've listed above have about 95% chances of staying Japan only, except Monster Hunter which is 60%)

ashxu New Member

Message Count:
    Australia
    It would probably just queue them in order of signals received. Most games have a limit to the amount of Streetpass Hits you can get. I know Mii Plaza has a limit of 10 Miis you can encounter at a time.

Yanazake New Member

Message Count:
    Brazil
    QUESTION:
    When is the best time to recharge my 3DS, and how long should I leave it charging?
    When the battery is running low, is already empty, or just anytime it isn't full?
    After it is fully charged, is it okay to leave it in the charging pedestal ?[whatever was the name]

QUESTION:
    I got my 3DS used from a friend, and there were some videos saved to the SD card. Were those videos made available for download, or can I download any trailer or other videos from the eShop?

QUESTION:
    Where can I find my friend code? Only inside a game?

That's it for now. thanks.

Message Count:
    Singapore

exangel Self hatred increases with post-count.

Message Count:
    United States
    Videos and everything else obtained from the eShop, as well as DSiWare that may have been transferred from another unit, can be re-downloaded in the Left-most e-Shop menu icon (Settings/Other). The subsection is "Your Downloads". So far, none of the content that I've since deleted is no longer obtainable, but this only included videos that had their own separate launchers (previews for Super Mario Land 3DS, for example) and Dreamworks' special videos that had a cost (and receipt) attached such as the Halloween ones (which are still for sale last I checked). From what I understand, some videos that came out in the summer from E3 can't be redownloaded, but I can't verify that. (I can verify that you can't get them anymore if you never had them.)

Nintendo Video on the other hand, is free, and there's only two ways you can really control what videos are or aren't downloaded to it. One is by a very complicated trick that makes Nintendo Video download from an alternate location, and the other is to shut off its downloads in-application. The second method is done by disabling its Spotpass access, and only the 4 videos currently cached will remain, instead of them changing periodically. On the other hand you can remove the application entirely through System Settings.

Furthermore, some video previews are available for free on the eShop, although I've only seen first-party titles available for actual download (like Paper Mario, Luigi's Mansion, Mario Kart 7, etc). All the third-party video demos I've seen were built into the eShop catalogue when you examine the games and not downloadable or viewable offline.

godreborn New Member

Message Count:
    United States
    I don't know if it's my eyes or what, but I can't see the 3d effect in ocarina of time (the only game I have). I can tell that it's being displayed since I can see both images if I tilt my head left or right, but when merged I don't really see any difference from gaming with 3d turned off.

Janthran Solarian

Message Count:
    United States
    http://gbatemp.net/forum/234-3ds-tutorials-faqs/
    • Newcomer

sleepy_ranma New Member

Message Count:
    Russia
    Small question I couldn't find answer for - if I am trying to update my 3DS through System Settings (as shown in faq), is there a way to know which update will be installed before the installation process? I.e. some kind of popup with information like this "yours OS version:xx; OS version which will be installed:yy".

Message Count:
    Singapore
    No, but it'll always be the latest.

You CAN view the present firmware version though.
    1 people like this.
    • Newcomer

sleepy_ranma New Member

Message Count:
    Russia
    Thanks.
    Well, then - where can I find 100% accurate info about current OS version? I mean, I checked official nintendo website (http://www.nintendo.ru to be more precisely because I live in Russia currently) and it says that the current version is 3.0.6, though I saw posts on this forum about releasing 3.0.7 on 2nd February, and today is already 6th. So, whom should I trust?

Message Count:
    Singapore
    Well, mine is still 0.6 :P

Pleng New Member

Message Count:
    Thailand
    Not that I've got nothing better to do, or anything( :D ) , but the information in the FAQ is pretty outdated, especially in relation to pricing and firmware updates. Perhaps the firmware updates section should just link to the firmware update thread? Also perhaps information about the XL should be added?

Die Antwoord New Member

Message Count:
    United States
    Ok i'm thinking about ordering a 3DS next week (paycheck) but all his stuff has been bothering me. I'm stuck between the original and XL. from what i see

-XL has bad quality speakers
    -screen size making games look bad because resolution or something
    AndIs it too big to be portable in your opinion?

Original
    -too small for big hands (how "big" would hands have to be?)
    -looks better because of smaller screen
    -screen scracthing itself?

what's the whole deal on the screen scratch? Is it on both models or just the original? How does it even happen?

Snailface 8 bits are enough.

Message Count:
    Engine Room with Cyan, watching him learn.
    United States

Die Antwoord New Member

Message Count:
    United States
    So which version should i get?

Also what kind of games are on the virtual store thing? Any gameboy games like the wario lands, zelda oracle games and links awakening, super mario lands? And GBA games?

Message Count:
    Singapore
    Virtual console has more than just gameboy actually, but no GBA as of now (unless you are an ambassador).