Gaming Nintendo 3DS and DLC

ferofax

End of the World
Trophies
Website
nonwhatso.blogspot.com
XP
Country
What I most fervently want to see with DLC is quite farfetched.

I want Nintendo to update DS games on the 3DS. Full screen, Analog support, 3D mode, texture updates, full access to 3DS hardware (camera, ram, 2nd cpu, SD card) the works. Just imagine Super Mario 64 on analog, remappable controls/actions on the Dpad, with 3D mode on, and the top screen fully occupied (new pixel perfect resolution). heck, i'd buy that DLC if it was priced more than $10, just to re-experience SM64.

they'd probably sell a few million more of this game if they did that.

Reactions: 1 person

Taellon

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Nintendo is terrible when it comes to online. I love Nintendo but it's true, they can't do online to save themselves. I really don't expect Nintendo to get DLC right and to actually patch their older games at all. I'm not even sure what limits the 3DS has in terms of patching and DLC, if it's as restrictive as the Wii was or how much more open they've made it. I feel like the DLC/patching situations we're in now is a tense, "what's going to happen next" kind of thing. This can either turn out in relief, or the expected crushing of our dreams.

Pleng

Custom Title
Trophies
XP
Country
Thailand
What I most fervently want to see with DLC is quite farfetched.

I want Nintendo to update DS games on the 3DS. Full screen, Analog support, 3D mode, texture updates, full access to 3DS hardware (camera, ram, 2nd cpu, SD card) the works. Just imagine Super Mario 64 on analog, remappable controls/actions on the Dpad, with 3D mode on, and the top screen fully occupied (new pixel perfect resolution). heck, i'd buy that DLC if it was priced more than $10, just to re-experience SM64.

they'd probably sell a few million more of this game if they did that.

Basically you want to see SM64 re-made for 3DS

Isabelyes

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
DLC, huh...

If existing 3DS-games could get updated (which I hope they can, but I somewhat doubt it), then I'd like an option in Ridge Racer 3D to play music from your SD card while racing instead of the game music. Because racing to the songs I own would greatly improve the experience - for me, at least.

Also, BlazBlue: Continuum Shift II's controls should get fixed. I heard it's a great game except for the controls, which seem to make it near impossible to actually pull off good combo's. I'd buy the game in a heartbeat if this ever gets fixed, because I've wanted to get into this series for quite some time now - but not if the controls stay as horrible as they are now.

DCG

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Well, I know pkm ruby and saphire had a bug which caused berrys not to grow anymore, it was fixed by including fire red and leaf green with a special mode. it would connect to the older game and upload a repair code to it.

So theoreticaly DLC is possible, as long as the code fits on the original game card. The GBA was old and didn't have a "OS", the 3DS on the other hand does have a form of a OS and could potentialy update a game card, Thus making "DLC" posible.

Sorry for typo's, my english has gone a bit rusty

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/MddR6PTmGKg?si=mU2EO5hoE7XXSbSr