Homebrew ninjhax fails at 40% 5.1.0-9u

oisuxx

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
my son upgraded his ds to play luigi dream team. now it fails to load at 40%, and goes to the web browser and hangs. i did the l,r,x,y to clear gamesave data, and tried again with a new QR code, but the same thing happened. can anyone help me out?

thanks in advance.

zoogie

playing around in the end of life
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Micronesia, Federated States of
my son upgraded his ds to play luigi dream team. now it fails to load at 40%, and goes to the web browser and hangs. i did the l,r,x,y to clear gamesave data, and tried again with a new QR code, but the same thing happened. can anyone help me out?

thanks in advance.
Need to upgrade the browser or downgrade the whole thing to 4.x. It's a known problem with ninjhax that <= 10 browser version doesn't work with 5.x to 9.x.

oisuxx

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
well i dont know how to update just the browser, so i guess he is just out of luck.

zoogie

Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Downgrade the system with gateway firmware ( no flashcard needed ), then use a cia version of luigi's mansion to avoid the update problem.

oisuxx

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
whats the reason for getting lugis mansion? he is playing dream team. im looking to get the system updated to something more recent than 4.x...im not really familiar with the emunand and what not. but i know that when he wanted to play the dream team game, it asked him to update....so he did. id like him to be able to play any game without asking him to update. dream team is a retail copy too. it wasnt a game i downloaded.

zoogie

Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
whats the reason for getting lugis mansion? he is playing dream team. im looking to get the system updated to something more recent than 4.x...im not really familiar with the emunand and what not. but i know that when he wanted to play the dream team game, it asked him to update....so he did. id like him to be able to play any game without asking him to update. dream team is a retail copy too. it wasnt a game i downloaded.
Sorry, my brain converted dream team to luigi's mansion for some unknown reason. I meant to say dream team.

I think the best thing to do is just let him play the game till he's tired of it then downgrade afterwards to restore hackability. Just make sure he never uses the internet to update to the latest firmware. Kids do that a lot.

oisuxx

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yeah thats what i was thinking. i guess .cia files do not update the firmware? if i could downgrade, then find a .cia with the newest possible hackable firmware...is that an option?

zoogie

Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
yeah thats what i was thinking. i guess .cia files do not update the firmware? if i could downgrade, then find a .cia with the newest possible hackable firmware...is that an option?
Cia files install lots of different things like firmwares (many cia's) or games (1 cia). Updating is very dangerous considering your experience level. I would recommend trying downgrading first as you don't have to mess with cia's directly. You just use gateway's firmware and a gateway.dg downgrade pack found on their website. Tutorials are everywhere if you google gateway downgrading.

oisuxx

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i have downgraded before. i did the rednand steps, emunand, and everything. i just dont know what the steps actually DID....i just followed them. then he updated with the game.

zoogie

Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
i have downgraded before. i did the rednand steps, emunand, and everything. i just dont know what the steps actually DID....i just followed them. then he updated with the game.
Another option for downgrading:
Did you ever make a nand backup while the 3ds was on 4.5? If you did, you can place it as NAND.bin on the sd card, press up while on the "Downgrade" icon, press A, and it will reflash the state of the system before you upgraded. Very safe and easy.

oisuxx

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
the nand backup i have was the nand BEFORE i downgraded. thats what the steps told me to do......i was at 9.0 something or other....

zoogie

Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
the nand backup i have was the nand BEFORE i downgraded. thats what the steps told me to do......i was at 9.0 something or other....
Well if you restore 9.x, then your ninjahax problem will be solved (assuming the y in 9.x.0-y is > 10).

You would also have full pasta cfw privileges.

Last edited by zoogie,

oisuxx

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
well i loaded the nand i had, and the hack still does not work. its not showing the firmware being at 9X though, it looks the same.

zoogie

Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
well i loaded the nand i had, and the hack still does not work. its not showing the firmware being at 9X though, it looks the same.
What's the full firmware version.

What you'll need to do is delete your Ninja save (L+R+X+Y at "Menu" screen, hold a few secs) and go to the ninjhax site and reinstall based on your new firmware. then you can launch ninjhax again and use pasta cfw. This allows you to install cia's.

Last edited by zoogie,

zoogie

Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
it still shows the firmware being 5.1.0-9u i guess i did something wrong.
You put NAND.bin in the root of the SDMC card, launched Gateway 3.2.2 firmware with web browser exploit, selected Downgrade at the far right of the menu, then held Up on D-Pad while pressing A?

If you did all of that exactly as I described, then the backed up firmware NAND.bin was 5.1.0-9u.

oisuxx

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ok, so i have one more question... is there a way to emulate newer firmware, im guessing thats "emunand" so the newer games load from carts without prompting an update? and would this also prevent certian games from hanging on the load screen? i got shovel knight..and it tries to load, but it just hangs on the 3ds loading splash screen.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: just found out theres osu for nintendo ds