Tutorial  Updated

Ninjhax 2.5: exit to home menu

If you wanna return to the home menu without rebooting, follow the below steps.

Note: we'll need *hax 2.5, because it has a return-to-the-hbmenu function.

1. Hold L + R + dpad-down + B, 'till the bottom screen turns from red to pink.
That's literally it xD

But! If a yellow screen shows up, RELEASE the buttons as FAST as possible, or else it'll softlock.

If a program fully crashes (like invalid pointer access/write) and freezes, you can recover from it using the same methods, but there's one caevat:
After you return to the menu, you MUST start a program that's not a system app (browser, game notes, settings, etc.), and not the *hax entrypoint (the app you used to launch *hax) in order to prevent a softlock. I use the .cia version of GameYob, because it's the fastest to open/close :P

If the homebrew crashes, you can still return to the home menu, and play other games, but the *hax payload will fail to launch with a yellow screen, so that's a restart. Or just use a 3DS game that requires extended memory mode (like SSB), and then launch your *hax entrypoint twice. Why twice? Because the first time it'll kick you out to the home menu without launching the hbmenu :P HomemenuHax users need to disable HomemenuHax loading, or else your 3DS will softlock on the pink screen. But you can't open any app, because it'll softlock with a black screen (the settings app has sound tho... weird :P), and it'll be almost impossible to turn your 3DS off, so that's a negative. But you still can launch DS cards though.

That's it! You can now go and try it!

Video proof:

Note: I was pressing L and R with a DSLite :P

This was tested on a 10.3-E old3DS / HomemenuHax was tested on 9.2.0-20E old3DS

Last edited by Sono,

Sono

cripple piss
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
It really depends, but in this context, like you asked, it's like I'm "dying laughing" because your theme was funny.

This is an SMG4 fan"art". His videos contain PINGAS and a faaaaabulous Bowser :P I thought pressing the shoulder buttons with a pink (and broken) DSLite is the funny thing, but it looks like it's not :P

Reactions: Ridge
D

Deleted User

Looks like you have a similar thing I did while ago, but it softlocked one of my game when I launch it on Home Menu. :P

Last edited by ,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: It's mostly the ones that are just pictures and no instructions at all