DjoeN

Captain Haddock!
Trophies
Website
djoen.dommel.be
XP
Country
Belgium
I really don't care, i played it on the segacd :)
It's not worth the fight, yes or no
If yes, nice, i will not buy it again, i'll dig up my segacd for that, but nice for those that like to play it on a modern console
If no, nothing lost, you don't lose much, watch some gameplay on youtube i would say or if you own a ps4, wait for it and get it there

Things don't always turn out for the better on a reworked version, for example, i loved Nights into Dreams on the sega dreamcast, on the Wii it was a whole different feeling and i sold the game after 2 weeks.
Who knows a reworked Nights into dReams on the Switch would change my mind.

Anyway, that's my thinking, for everything there are people out there that love it :)
we gotta respect that ;)

BlueFox gui

SOMEONE
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I really don't care, i played it on the segacd :)
It's not worth the fight, yes or no
If yes, nice, i will not buy it again, i'll dig up my segacd for that, but nice for those that like to play it on a modern console
If no, nothing lost, you don't lose much, watch some gameplay on youtube i would say or if you own a ps4, wait for it and get it there

Things don't always turn out for the better on a reworked version, for example, i loved Nights into Dreams on the sega dreamcast, on the Wii it was a whole different feeling and i sold the game after 2 weeks.
Who knows a reworked Nights into dReams on the Switch would change my mind.

Anyway, that's my thinking, for everything there are people out there that love it :)
we gotta respect that ;)
i feel sorry for you

DocAmes1980

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can, the game was and is overrated and very poorly aged. I don't see why people are upset of a crappy FMV game won't be coming to a Nintendo console. Use an emulator. I find the outrage of the lack of this "classic" game more hilarious than the game itself.

I've never heard anyone suggest that Night Trap is overrated. I think most people who like the game would admit that it's a bad game.

If you're looking for an overrated game that is a linear experience, with no fun gameplay, and where every play through is basically the same then look to Hellblade.

Night Trap is a shit game. That's not a revelation. However, had it come out on the Switch you guys wouldn't feel as compelled to slag it off.

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've never heard anyone suggest that Night Trap is overrated. I think most people who like the game would admit that it's a bad game.

If you're looking for an overrated game that is a linear experience, with no fun gameplay, and where every play through is basically the same then look to Hellblade.

Night Trap is a shit game. That's not a revelation. However, had it come out on the Switch you guys wouldn't feel as compelled to slag it off.

No, wrong, I've seen enough of the game on YouTube in the past to know it was a POS and doesn't deserve to be brought back. People who are upset are nothing but crybabies about the game not coming on the Switch. Either use an emulator or buy a used Sega CD.

DocAmes1980

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No, wrong, I've seen enough of the game on YouTube in the past to know it was a POS and doesn't deserve to be brought back. People who are upset are nothing but crybabies about the game not coming on the Switch. Either use an emulator or buy a used Sega CD.

OK. However, my main point is that Night Trap isn't an overrated game. Bad != overrated. It had a certain novelty back in the day but I would never suggest it was a highly rated game.

You saw the game on YouTube? That tells me you lack frame of reference. People that weren't around when the game initially launched for SegaCD will probably not understand the significance of this game.

I stand by my belief that you (as well as others) wouldn't have bothered posting about the game had it come out on the Switch. Then you'd be talking bad about a game on a Nintendo system.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/WOppJ92RgGU?si=KE79L6A_3jESsGQM