Nidhogg 2 Coming to PC and PS4 August 15th

e405551e-689d-11e7-88d3-42010af00011.jpg

The sequel to 2014's indie hit of stabby duelists, Nidhogg 2 is coming to PC and PS4 on August 15th, with PS4 pre-orders beginning July 18th.

For obvious reasons, Nidhogg 2's dramatic shift in art style has been a major point of conversation surrounding the game. For a brief look at the reasoning behind the move, check out Messhof's recent post at the PlayStation Blog.

Messhof previously announced the inclusion of full character customization in Nidhogg 2. Whether you’re into trendy ‘dos, fresh threads, or kinky accessories, mix-and-match an assortment of clothing and body parts to create the perfect style that says, “Yes, I am indeed worthy of the wurm!”

Nidhogg 2 builds upon the award-winning gameplay of its predecessor with new weapons to wield and levels to master, head-to-toe character customization, the captivatingly grotesque art of Toby Dixon, and an awesome soundtrack including music from Mux Mool, Baths, Doseone, Osborne, and Daedelus.

Game Features:
  • Challenge the AI or a friend in 1v1 combat.
  • Fight for the top seat in 8-player tournaments.
  • Master the distinctive traits of four weapons.
  • Get stylish with full character customization.
  • Ten stages from castles to Nidhogg innards.
  • Alter the rules with over 10 different game variables.
  • Go online with matchmaking and private games.

:arrow:Nidhogg II Official Site

Pacheko17

Controversial opinions guy.
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Shift in art style feels really odd, but the gameplay looks the same, I'm getting it, Nidhogg 1 was amazing fun.
Just really hope this has more content than the first game, it felt really lacking. Replay value is phenomenal but they could have done a lot more.

Another pixelated cheap indie, moving along.

That's where you're wrong kiddo.

petethepug

PUG
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Shift in art style feels really odd, but the gameplay looks the same, I'm getting it, Nidhogg 1 was amazing fun.
Just really hope this has more content than the first game, it felt really lacking. Replay value is phenomenal but they could have done a lot more.

That's where you're wrong kiddo.
Eh, I can kind of see where he's coming from. Granite I like indie games to but sometimes people just throw so much in the air it becomes confusing on what's even enjoyable to play on the indie market.

Which would lead a lot of people to playing games most popular on Steam or trending.

As far as replayabillity goes to, indie games are okay at that. I played race the sun for about 5 hours total and that's it; I got bored of the game, Goat simulator, got bored in a few hours, Starbound, got bored in a few hours of playing, Pixel Piracy, same thing. Pixel Dungeon is another game I have but not on Steam, in terms of replayabillity its okay for going on a plane trip or something or to kill time. I wouldn't play it 24/7 unuo?

Heran Bago

Where do puyo come from?
Trophies
Website
heranbago.com
XP
Country
United States
The art in that article is much better in the article than in the trailer, but I'm still not liking it. I'm happy for the devs being able to make what they like, even if it's not necessarily what I want.

So does anyone still play the first game?
It still comes up at parties in my friend groups from time to time.

Pedeadstrian

GBAtemp's Official frill-necked lizard.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'd imagine they would like to make money on it. As those two systems are compromised, and like 6 years old or whatever, it wouldn't make much sense.
Your logic is rather flawed. The PC is (outside of Denuvo (though they've been slipping up fairly often as of late)) the easiest to pirate, and since this is an indie game there's very little chance of it getting Denuvo. Also... so what if the 3DS and Vita are old? They're the most recent installments of portable consoles (I don't count the Switch), and while Sony has basically given up on the Vita, Nintendo still supports the 3DS, including releasing a new console iteration. I wish the N2DSXL was the first version that was released, because I don't really care for the 3D. Anyways, just because the handhelds are old that doesn't mean their userbase is gone.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Musk sues Hyundai in 3... 2... 1...