Ni No Kuni (US) Save Modification

Discussion in 'PS3 - Tutorials' started by Kentoss, Jan 25, 2013.

Jan 25, 2013

Ni No Kuni (US) Save Modification by Kentoss at 7:20 AM (181,687 Views / 14 Likes) 316 replies

1. MaximusArg1982

Newcomer MaximusArg1982 Newbie

Argentina
    Nice suggestion, will look into parsing names for the treeview, that's gonna be easy.
    I will let adding the item's dropdowns to anyone courageous enough to take over once I upload it :P
    Dunno if I will be able to upload it this weekend, had a rough week at work and I still want to complete the inventory parsing/editing before uploading it.
    Yep, it should already have an inventory editor, though I had a lil problem reading the repeating sub blocks.

You can use the current editor to edit inventory by doing as I did with familiar skills (Commented in blocks.xml),
    Item1
    Item2
    Item3

Didn't want to do that for 4096 inventory slots :P
    Not even sure there's 4096 slots in total :)

2. wdf

Newcomer wdf Newbie

United States
    Maximus, In the game the inventory is fixed size, just counting that would offer the maximum size of it, but I guess you can get all items there are so that would do, too.
    However many item blocks there are, a macro could add those, even though that would blow up blocks.xml in a messy way.

I noticed that when I set the amount for items manually to FF your editor removed those items completely when I edited some familiar.
    Setting the amount to EE fixed it.

As the lists for item ids are done, just looking up the 4 bytes would be a copy paste job. Haven't seen the skills in a tidy list though.

Looking forward to your next release!

Penguinicus, I'm under the impression you can change your familiars 2nd growth variable by feeding.

Lastly, the .net editors don't work on XP, even the 4.0 one. I may have not updated the runtime, any chance for .Net 2?

3. ToraxOutlaw

Newcomer ToraxOutlaw Member

United Kingdom
    I wouldn't know where to begin, and it's just the golden trumpy-pumper that i need change into the normal one. If anyone can explain and give my clear instructions on how do this I'll be extremely grateful. And yes I have captured a golden trumpy-pumper familiar.

4. wdf

Newcomer wdf Newbie

United States
    As described in the first topic, open your save with HxD, then CTRL-F search for "Text-string" ideally for the name of your golden trumpeteer , match the ID of the monster,
    "B1D3B0A1" somewhere close to the name, CTRL-F can help, mark this and replace with "004F3064".
    If you get a warning don't click ok, you need to paste or write the ID in such a way that it does not change the filesize.
    Then continue as instructed by first post, ie, save in HxD, then "encrypt all files" in brute force save data, copy the saves back to your ps3 and
    in Theory this should work.

Keep a backup, best make two saves and only edit one and hope the above is indeed working, good luck.

Another option would be to use Maximus' Save editor and add some lines to the blocks.xml for the monster ID and change that there, but doing that is actually more work for now,
    fingers crossed for the next version.

oh and wondering, you can not capture a normal trumpeteer where your story has progressed to or is it just them running away and being hard to catch then?

5. MaximusArg1982

Newcomer MaximusArg1982 Newbie

Argentina
    You can do that for your blocks.xml
    Once you have 'em in fixed format instead of collection you will be able to edit them.

I don't want it to "know it's a fixed amount" beforehand, that would go against the premises I built the editor upon. For it to be highly configurable and adaptable.

Otherwise, you can use the already made Inventory editor.

On a side note, I'm gonna have to rewrite the way the fields are edited, since I didn't account for collections on the original design every attempt to add those blows in my face.
    And since I'm on it, I'll probably add a blocks.xml editor to the app, so there's no chance of messing it up by editing it manually.

6. wdf

Newcomer wdf Newbie

United States
    For now I'll keep adding items manually, with saves very early in the game I was able to get some item editing out of the editor, but now no matter how I edit the xml file, items won't get loaded.
    My main problem at this point is the lack of search to quickly find/edit one item/familiar or another.

I do like your editor, especially for familiars it is quite useful at this point, adding the growth and pre-metamorphed stats and uncommenting the ability section made that even nicer.
    The way your editor is made would probably at some point allow it to be used to edit more than just Ni No Kuni saves. Well done, please keep at it.

7. Pardalis

Newcomer Pardalis Newbie

United States
    Disregard this.

But! Thanks so much for the editors, I haven't gotten to use them yet but I am looking forward and hope to see similar for others game. You guys did a great job!

8. ryguy5254

Newcomer ryguy5254 Member

United States
    Just in case somebody missed it, you can change the signs of your familiars using Maximus' editor. Ni Nu Kuni.

How to change familiar sign.
    Load up the decrypted save file onto the Save Editor.
    Find your familiar.
    Under sign, change to whatever you need:
    1 = sun
    2 = star
    3 = moon
    4 = planet
    5 = double sun
    6 = double star
    7 = double moon
    8 = double planet
    Save.
    Encrypt. Transfer/etc.

I know it seems self explanatory, but I just found out about it and I wanted to share.

9. ryguy5254

United States
    EDIT: This is referring to jakdo's editor by the way.

So I load up my save file and it seems like it has a little bit of trouble either reading the file or showing what the correct information is.

Whenever I look at one of my familiars, it seems like its showing an incorrect sign. In fact, its showing the sign "below it on the list."
    By list I mean:
    1 = sun
    2 = star
    3 = moon
    4 = planet
    5 = double sun
    6 = double star
    7 = double moon
    8 = double planet

So what I mean is that when I load up my Mitey, which is a Sun, the editor is showing that it is 'a star'.
    Consequently, when I load up a familiar with the moon sign, the editor is showing that it is 'a planet.'

10. ryguy5254

United States
    So I ran into the inventory duplication issue as well and I ended up with either two stacks of the item in the first slot, which then gets moved to the end of the list; and two of the Wizard's Companion.

This was after I used the editor a second time on the same save. And it only seemed to affect the "pouches" that I made changes to: ie: Treats, and Important Items (because I added some tickets).

So I guess I won't add anything other than all of the treats and the tickets.

11. Dosuno

Newcomer Dosuno Newbie

Panama
    Can someone please help me out? I'm trying to load the sys-data into the item save editor but it just doesn't work. I've decrypted the save with Brutforce and PS3 Save Resigner and yet the thing refuses to load the save. Help please.

12. ToraxOutlaw

Newcomer ToraxOutlaw Member

United Kingdom
    WDF I have progressed that far I completed the entire game and almost all the side quests in 50 hours, that I can't capture a low level shonky-honker, I will give this a try and let you know my results.

13. Hanzo1987

Newcomer Hanzo1987 Newbie

Spain
    Thanks for the tutorial but it's imposible to me to add tickets because I already trade them and doesn't appear in the hex, any suggestions?¿

14. DavedrewCook

Newcomer DavedrewCook Newbie

Canada
    Hey everybody, I'm new here and have a question about the quote above by "oldnews." I'm a little bit confused about the "2000 Orbs" and "1000 Fights" edits, in HxD when I look up the first and second offsets for the edits I am "lost" at where to put the edits! Like for the "2000 Orbs" at Offset 4552 put a 07, I don't know where the "07" is going? I might be completely off but each offset or "row" contains "16" columns from "00" all the way to "0F" right? So I'm a bit stumped as from here I don't know which column the edit should go into as the explanation doesn't mention this.

I have a real basic knowledge of what I'm doing as I've dabbled with this from time to time but I'm no expert so I don't just want to throw in code all willy-nilly like, can anyone shed some light on this for me please? Oh and has anyone made any progress on the "Jack-O-Hearts" Stamp Ticket prize issue regarding whether or not catch rates can be improved? I think it would definitely be possible to "boost" the add on percentage of the prize, just seems like a bit of challenge locating the prize itself once redeemed.

Lastly, I want to just thank everyone on here and the op for all the work you put into this thread! I managed to do a lot with the info. and tools provided here and there was more than enough info. provided that should the original methods of decrypting/encrypting/resigning didn't work that there was a work around or solution that could be followed to still come up with the same results.

Thanks again :)

15. wreckem

Newcomer wreckem Newbie

United States
    This what you need to do:

1. Find row that says 4550. This row will have offset from 4550 to 455F.
    2. Now look at the column that says 02. Row 4550 Col 02 is 4550+02 = 4552.
    3. Column 03 will be 4553.Edit those values and you're done.

Hope this helps.

[​IMG]

16. tonythedog

Newcomer tonythedog Newbie

Italy
    Hi everybody, thanks for this works.

I have a problem, i am able to decrypt the GT5 savegame and modify it with succes, but when i try to decrypt the ni no kuni save with ps3 bruteforse savedata, the result is a not decrypted files.
    Basically my problem is, i have 143 hours (....) and 119/120 alchemical recipes done. I miss last 3 rare materials.

Any ideas? I noticed this error: A disc hash key was not found. A fallback disc hash key will be used.

17. Maguel

Newcomer Maguel Newbie

Finland
    I tried searching for the FE FF FF FE 80 in order to edit my gold, but it just says "can't find" what am i doing wrong?

18. Kentoss
    OP

Member Kentoss GBAtemp Regular

Canada
    Very cool to see people continuing research and making tools for this while I've been busy with work and life. I was working on my own editor before I had to focus on my job, so I'm happy that others stepped in. One thing I would like to see is more visuals in the editors. I worked out a way in Feb to extract the image data from the game, combining it with some JSON databases that I ripped with help from another member meant I was able to make an inventory editor that also limited what you could do to within the confines of the game, meaning there was no way to do something wrong and glitch your game.

I may take up that task again considering I have a bit of free time, but I'd rather contribute to someone else's project. If any of the members here that made editors wanted to work on them again, I can contribute all the data I have.

EDIT: One big thing that needs to be done in editors is having data match what should be in game no matter what you put in. I realize that doesn't make a lot of sense, but let me explain. If I am editing my familiar to level 50, what I think should happen is all the corresponding information such as attack, defense, etc. should update to realistically match as if the familiar had gotten to 50 legitimately. I think I will work on an editor that accomplishes this.

19. Kentoss
    OP

Member Kentoss GBAtemp Regular

Canada
    Alright if anyone out there is still reading this thread and is interested, I have a few updates. I'm in the process of updating the main post with all the new information I have discovered and which was discovered in this thread. It is possible to change nearly any aspect of your familiar, but you need to have the correct information to do so for certain things. The ID list of familiars posted earlier in this thread will not work as intended when used in the save file, this is due to the way the database of the game is set up. The IDs posted are from a familiar's base ID, however my inspection has found that the save file instead uses a familiar's common ID (or what I'm calling the common ID). It is possible for me to get a definitive list of common IDs, as well as IDs for each and every skill including IDs for Attack, Defend, Evade and Psyche Up, but I first need to dissect the game files and learn what each value in the structure does. This will take some time.

This actually leads me to my next point of discussion, I've started a thread over at WizardsCompanion.com for anyone who wants to join me in dissecting the database structure. I could really use the help from anyone who is good with this kind of stuff. Feel free to stop on by at: http://wizardscompanion.com/forum/index.php?topic=9.0

20. NerdiePie

Newcomer NerdiePie Newbie

Finland
    Hello

a few days ago i stumbled upon this post. Today, I got my hands on this game , but i'd like to get all the exclusive dlc familiars and that is sadly not possible, so i tried this method and it can't no matter what i try find the inventory start. I know this is a lot to ask but would Kentoss himself/herself mod my save or someone else that knows how to do it. I will include my save file on this message. I would like to have some tips as well so i don't have to ask this anymore :shy:.

Attached Files: