Translation Ni no Kuni Translation [ENG]

rmladenov

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I'm already en route to Del Mokal (still some side quests missing, but not for long), but the translation takes a lot of time. At the moment the size of the text is nearly 500KB. When I finish the translation into Bulgarian, I may try to translate it into English although it's not my native language and I think the translation will probably lose some small details. That's why I don't attempt an English translation at this time.

Reactions: Pablitox

Anjiera

漫画 && ROM XL8R
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
We're still working on this - progress is slow because there is a lot of text and even just getting all of the Imagen and Item names consistently translated takes time.

Anyway, if you have Photoshop skills or translation skills or have a very high attention to detail to do playtesting, we'd love to have more help!

I'm working on the translations and we've just finished the text for Ding Dong Dell (the 4th major location in the DS game). As always, PM ZKarts (original poster) to talk about getting added to the team.

GreggyD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm a graphic designer with 12+ years experience with Photoshop. I can help with some stuff if you still need it.

flyingclimber

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Happy to help. I'm also helping with one other fan translation so it's not entirely foreign to me.

Can help with
* JLPT N4 level translations
* Programming tools
* Playtesting

let me know

Pistol_Daimyo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't have a lot of time commitment at the moment, but I could probably help out a little. I have N2, failed N1, and a lot of experience translating short stories.

Z4n7h3r

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey I would love to be a play tester and possibly help with any photoshop help!

I would love to help and can work on some images or play testing after work (I work a regular full time job, 9-5, M-F).

Please let me know what I can do to help! :D

All the best!

I also messaged Tenshi on Reddit that I can help.

Anjiera

漫画 && ROM XL8R
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Thanks Maufeat and Z4n7h3r - I'll PM you about the project.

FYI: I'm tenshi_anjiera on reddit, but just anjiera here (just "anjiera" was already taken when I joined reddit).

Liska

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm definitely interested in helping out. I've got well over a decade of photoshop experience, BUT, I'm currently wrapping up finals week, so I'll have to post an example image later on this week once I'm done with all my testing.

Darbury

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm also available to help out with Photoshop/image editing as needed. I've been the lead image editor on a few VN translation projects — Ken ga Kimi, Koisuru Natsu no Last Resort, etc. — so I'm used to the TL doc > image workflow. I also have 20 years experience as art/creative director, so I'm pretty quick at turning stuff around in Photoshop by this point. :)

Just let me know!

Reactions: GaaraPrime

Anjiera

漫画 && ROM XL8R
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Liska and Darbury, I've sent you both a PM. Thanks for your interest! It's a fun project, but it is also huge! We'll need all the help we can get. Thanks!

Reactions: GaaraPrime

hanzouzach

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello I'm Zach,

I am web developer with graphic design skills and Japanese translations skills. I also have a close resource (wife unit) who is native Japanese that is willing to work with me to do translation. I love Ni no Kuni and would love to help translate and fix graphics.

Can commit to 20hours a month or more of time depending on how some initial work goes.

Cheers

Z

mlpanda13

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If possible, I would love to help playtest! I have a good eye and like to think myself skilled with grammar and editing so helping on that end would be a pleasure!

Anjiera

漫画 && ROM XL8R
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
If possible, I would love to help playtest! I have a good eye and like to think myself skilled with grammar and editing so helping on that end would be a pleasure!
Please PM me with your email address and I will add you to our list.

There are some formatting bugs (text wrapping, mostly) that are able to be fixed easily by playtesters, so if you're cool with helping with bug fixes as well as playtesting that would be awesome! (but we can still use more playtesters)

-ang

jdevil99

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I would definitely be willing to playtest and help with fixing the myriad of bugs that crop up. I have a good amount of free time, have a minor in English and have played through the game before, console and handheld, so I have a great grasp of the world and it's characters. Anything I can do to help speed up this release would be my pleasure.

Anjiera

漫画 && ROM XL8R
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I would definitely be willing to playtest and help with fixing the myriad of bugs that crop up. I have a good amount of free time, have a minor in English and have played through the game before, console and handheld, so I have a great grasp of the world and it's characters. Anything I can do to help speed up this release would be my pleasure.

Thanks for getting in touch with us! I'll drop you a PM for more info. :)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    I @ idonthave: :)