Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Oh, what a surprise !
This version looks good, but I will still play it on DS. I don't own a PS3 (yet?), but I feel easier to play on DS and bring it everywhere.

Now PS3 HAZ GAEMZ !
laugh.gif

Freudian Lemur

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
DjoeN said:
DO WANT!!
Personally, I think I slightly prefer the animations on the DS one (I played the demo, and it's a beautiful game). The PS3 one's cutscenes do look lovely, but they just don't quite look right in my opinion. Also, apparently this game is more of a re-doing of the DS one, not just a port. It will sort of have the same story, but events might happen in a different order, etc.

cosmiccow

Original Hippie
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
The video has already been posted in the news section earlier, so I will just quote my post from there
wink.gif

QUOTE said:
Oh my god. The PS3 trailer... I came.

I love Studio Ghibli and Hayao Miyazaki since I saw Spirited Away. Then I was looking for more and watched Mononoke, Castle in the Sky, Nausicaä, etc.

Level5 is the shit since Professor Layton. The series oozes such a beautiful richness in style and quality, visually, aurally and in game play.

Now they manage to bring all of their qualities together in Ni no Kuni - which I'm almost certain will be one of the richest DS games.

And then look at the PS3 trailer... the in game models and environments look 99% like they do in the video sequences. The DS version already has gorgeous prerendered static backgrounds and environments, but it looks like everything will be real-time on PS3.

This is one of the three games I'd consider buying a PS3 for. I had two others where I said I need a PS3 just for that game, but I forgot which. :]

I will buy the DS version no matter what, even if it never comes out in english and I can never understand a single word.

Let's hope for localisation.

Maybe the battle system in the PS3 will be different. In the DS version you cast spells by drawing the magic signs from the book on your touch screen. I assume they will adapt the PS3 version to the different control scheme.

DjoeN

Captain Haddock!
Trophies
Website
djoen.dommel.be
XP
Country
Belgium
cosmiccow said:
The video has already been posted in the news section earlier, so I will just quote my post from there
wink.gif

QUOTE said:
Oh my god. The PS3 trailer... I came.

I love Studio Ghibli and Hayao Miyazaki since I saw Spirited Away. Then I was looking for more and watched Mononoke, Castle in the Sky, Nausicaä, etc.

Level5 is the shit since Professor Layton. The series oozes such a beautiful richness in style and quality, visually, aurally and in game play.

Now they manage to bring all of their qualities together in Ni no Kuni - which I'm almost certain will be one of the richest DS games.

And then look at the PS3 trailer... the in game models and environments look 99% like they do in the video sequences. The DS version already has gorgeous prerendered static backgrounds and environments, but it looks like everything will be real-time on PS3.

This is one of the three games I'd consider buying a PS3 for. I had two others where I said I need a PS3 just for that game, but I forgot which. :]

I will buy the DS version no matter what, even if it never comes out in english and I can never understand a single word.

Let's hope for localisation.

Maybe the battle system in the PS3 will be different. In the DS version you cast spells by drawing the magic signs from the book on your touch screen. I assume they will adapt the PS3 version to the different control scheme.

I like to see fully Move support for ps3
biggrin.gif

cosmiccow

Original Hippie
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
DjoeN said:
I like to see fully Move support for ps3
biggrin.gif

Now featuring YMCA-style battles!
8)

Nah. YMCA is awesome, but if you have to jump around while waiving your arms about in order to land a critical hit... no thanks, I will stick to the DS version only... :]

Maedhros

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
The battle looks not that boring on the PS3 version, while the DS version has kinda of a puzzle element, where you can move the characters wherever do you want.

RchUncleSkeleton

Skeletron 9000
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
The game looks awesome....I really hope they bring it stateside on both the DS and PS3. Will definitely get it on the DS....don't know if this one title will be worth buying a PS3 over though as I've yet to see a PS3 exclusive title worthy of owning the system.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/WOppJ92RgGU?si=KE79L6A_3jESsGQM