Hacking News: New Stargate 3DS flashcart

aos10

Yuuki chan
Trophies
XP
Country
Saudi Arabia
Not then, because it doesn't do any more than a Sky3DS plus a DS flashcart
because of the DS flashcart i said maybe.

it's really strange, they use almost the same idea of sky3DS but some new games doesn't run, so it uses different method?
maybe all those guys different people from the sky3DS?

Reactions: Quantumcat

spkuja

Trophies
Website
www.glaciergaming.co.uk
XP
Country
It's also a lot pickier than the Sky3DS+. So far I've noticed that it won't run trimmed ROMS. Though, I fear the sample I received may be faulty and the team are sending a replacement out to me.

DKB

NO
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So the biggest games on an end of life console don't work with this? Why would anyone spend $100 on this card when the free alternative has no down sides and is better?

Maybe people are afraid they'll brick their console. That fear will always be there.

DKB

NO
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Bricking isn't really possible unless your fucking stupid and can't read instructions.

Of course. We people here know this, but people just discovering about homebrew and stuff, might get nervous when they see all the instructions and be like "Well, buying a physical device to do it for me seems more simple!"

tl;dr: People can't read.

RenegadeKid

Trophies
XP
Country
France
The advantage of this, it’s a plug and play, no need to install CIA files which take ages to install, a real bummer for me. Just copy and paste 3DS files on the root of the SD card. More features will be added in the future.

With CFW, you can’t play .3DS files.

My Stargate will arrive tomorrow.

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
The advantage of this, it’s a plug and play, no need to install CIA files which take ages to install, a real bummer for me. Just copy and paste 3DS files on the root of the SD card. More features will be added in the future.

With CFW, you can’t play .3DS files.

My Stargate will arrive tomorrow.
You still have to download the 3ds files. This is worse usually as you have to navigate annoying ad- and malware-filled sites. And then sometimes the file is corrupted or fake or something and won't work and you have to download it again. Not to mention 3ds files are larger than cia files. Using freeShop is way easier. I hope that was a review copy and you got it for free, or you're like a flashcart collector or something.

aos10

Yuuki chan
Trophies
XP
Country
Saudi Arabia
You still have to download the 3ds files. This is worse usually as you have to navigate annoying ad- and malware-filled sites. And then sometimes the file is corrupted or fake or something and won't work and you have to download it again. Not to mention 3ds files are larger than cia files. Using freeShop is way easier. I hope that was a review copy and you got it for free, or you're like a flashcart collector or something.
Not to mention region lock issue, sky and star can't play out if region games.

Redferne

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Can you change the game when you inside the hombrews launcher? Pressing the sky3ds button will change the game inside the launcher?
Last time I tried I had to eject the cart and put it back again for the homebrew to see the game changed. But yes it works.

I don't understand the issue with downloading 3ds files. We've been downloading gba and DS game for years on such shady sites without it being an issue...
I made a test once, I installed Xenoblade on my New3DS. By the time it finished I was able to download and copy it 3 times as a 3ds file.
I don't understand Nintendo's decision to use such a slow controller.

That being said, don't bother with a flashcard except for playing DS game. In the end CFW feels more natural to use and is not harder to install then flashing your flashcard with the latest firmware.

Technicmaster0

Trophies
Website
www.flashkarten.tk
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I don't understand the issue with downloading 3ds files. We've been downloading gba and DS game for years on such shady sites without it being an issue...
I made a test once, I installed Xenoblade on my New3DS. By the time it finished I was able to download and copy it 3 times as a 3ds file.
It's stupid hate against 3ds mode flashcards because they have no other argument against "flashcards are easier to use".

aos10

Yuuki chan
Trophies
XP
Country
Saudi Arabia
I don't understand Nintendo's decision to use such a slow controller.

It's stupid hate against 3ds mode flashcards because they have no other argument against "flashcards are easier to use".

it's not just downloading them, here what we hate about using .3DS files from other sites
1- because most of them are not in small size, they needed to be uploaded in reliable host, that's mean people will put ads in order to download from the link and sometimes one link is going to be brook.

2- you can't use a .3DS files converted from .cia, you have to use .3DS files dumped from legit card so you can use them on OFW, it's not like GW which you can use converted .3DS games very easily.

3- you have to use a $80 cart in order to play 3DS games? why you would spend $80 to do that? unless you have $80 to burn and you want all your 3DS games inside 1 cart, but that also will bring to the next big issue.

4- and this is very important, you have for example 30 games on the cart, in order to reach game no 15, you have to press 15 times, those button is fragile and can be break in time, so it's not reliable way to switch games.

Technicmaster0

Trophies
Website
www.flashkarten.tk
XP
Country
Gambia, The
it's not just downloading them, here what we hate about using .3DS files from other sites
1- because most of them are not in small size, they needed to be uploaded in reliable host, that's mean people will put ads in order to download from the link and sometimes one link is going to be brook.

2- you can't use a .3DS files converted from .cia, you have to use .3DS files dumped from legit card so you can use them on OFW, it's not like GW which you can use converted .3DS games very easily.

3- you have to use a $80 cart in order to play 3DS games? why you would spend $80 to do that? unless you have $80 to burn and you want all your 3DS games inside 1 cart, but that also will bring to the next big issue.

4- and this is very important, you have for example 30 games on the cart, in order to reach game no 15, you have to press 15 times, those button is fragile and can be break in time, so it's not reliable way to switch games.
1-You can google most roms and find currently working downloads
2-All proper scene releases should be encrypted .3ds files (except for eshop titles)
3-Easier than CFW
4-You can select the 3ds games from DS mode, too

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/WOppJ92RgGU?si=KE79L6A_3jESsGQM