Hacking News: New Stargate 3DS flashcart

yacepi15

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
80$ on Axiogame. Website is a 1:1 copy of Gateway's one.

Stargate-3ds.com

EDIT: Added a little thing i found in Maxconsole.

Attachments

• IMG_20170820_113017.jpg
    IMG_20170820_113017.jpg
    50.6 KB · Views: 849
Last edited by yacepi15,

Arck

Trophies
XP
Country
Aksed them if they'll bring a in-game menu like Gateway does.
I hope the Gateway team is behind that, so they can re use their code for rom menu selection in-game menu ect...
And hopefully not the brick code.

Actually it would make sense that Gateway is behind that, new card, new reputation.
Since Gateway have a bad one...

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Don't Use Stargate Franchise Name
actually, that name existed before the film's franchise. it was a military project name in 70's.
The Star Gate, also a name from 1968's 2001 space odyssey.
Though, I agree the card probably used the movie franchise as reference, but neither the logo nor the font is from the movie/series.
that was just for historical references, not trying to defend anyone.

Last edited by Cyan,

Majickhat55

The Red Woman
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If it has 3DS/Cheat support it makes sense it costs as much as a Sky3DS or something similar. Still, I knew it wouldn't be long before one was commercially released with NTRBootHaX. Unless you REALLY want that drag and drop function it's just as useless as GateWay IMO. I've never understood (nor have used GateWay) why the cheats are so "superior" to NTR plugins. Is it just the GUI, more options or what? I tend to find (or make) plugins for everything I ever need.

Reactions: THYPLEX

Redferne

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
So this a SKY3DS+ clone with DS flashcart feature added somehow.
They could have at least got rid of the buttons to switch games...

Dimensional

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
actually, that name existed long before the film's franchise name. it was a military project's code named Stargate in 70's.
Though, I agree the card probably used the movie franchise as reference, but neither the logo nor the font is from the movie/series.
That may be, but just because it was used as a military code name before it because a trademarked franchise doesn't mean someone else can use it. Until the trademark expires, or there is proof this name isn't inspired by it, something near impossible to prove now days, it will see a lot more legal issues besides just the fact about what it does. The fact is a company owns a particular use of the word "StarGate", and this could be a bad association they wouldn't want. It's like the fight between Bethesda and Mojang over the word "Scrolls", or the lawsuits of Apple vs everybody else, or even Microsoft vs Michael Rowe, who created his own site MikeRoweSoft.com. We all remember those.

Last edited by Dimensional,
Reactions: console

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
That's not because the name is trademarked (from who? the movie?) that it can't be used. it's a standard name, use for many things already.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stargate_(disambiguation)
It's like trademarking random dictionary word.
also, trademark has a 10 years life, until renew. MGM renewed it in 2015.

again, I'm not trying to defend anyone, nor the name's choice by the flashcart's company. that's just a remark from myself.

the flashcart company can just fill a new trademark too (there are multiple registrant and owners with that name).
one registrant could do it in February 17, 2017, even though MGM has that name trademark renewed in 2015 to 2025. trademark is not copyright.
(ps: stargate origins finally registered from MGM in July 13, 2017, I'm glad to see new product in that franchise!)

sorry, that's my last offtopic here :P
Good luck with that flashcart!

Last edited by Cyan,

Patxinco

Riding a Shooting Star
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
actually, that name existed before the film's franchise. it was a military project name in 70's.
The Star Gate, also a name from 1968's 2001 space odyssey.
I know, was just for a laugh, and Teal'C always have that effect :rofl2::rofl2:

Reactions: Cyan

sj33

Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
So, the scene has developed to a point where no flashcart or extra hardware is necessarily and the 3DS is now the most open homebrew platform since the original Xbox.

...sounds like the perfect time to release a redundant flashcart, right? But hey, I'm not a business person.

Arck

Trophies
XP
Country
So, the scene has developed to a point where no flashcart or extra hardware is necessarily and the 3DS is now the most open homebrew platform since the original Xbox.

...sounds like the perfect time to release a redundant flashcart, right? But hey, I'm not a business person.
Shouldn't be the perfect time with ntrboot ?

One day the Aki2 or the R4i gold will be out of stock, are the both team dead ? I don't know but I doubt they are still made in the factory, one day maybe this flashcard will be revelant, at least no need to use the guide for that.

D

Deleted User

It's redundant upon release. Team Gateway Stargate wont be making any money.

the 3DS is now the most open homebrew platform since the original Xbox.
I was a bit too young when the xbox was a thing, but I think it would be more accurate to say since the Wii. Wii really hacked the fuck out of that thing.

Last edited by ,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Firefox users be like "look at what they have to do to mimic a fraction of our power."