Hardware Newer PSP models?

eidrian

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So you can now run games in the newer PSP models? 2000, 3000, Go etc. Last i checked (a loong time ago) you had to run chickhen or something to boot up CFW, is there now a full, permanent hack to these models so i can run back-ups on them? I'll be planning on getting a PSP Go soon.

On another note, I currently have a phat with 5.50 Prome-4, is there anything better ATM for it?

Thanks for the help.

spotanjo3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You've got Questions, There have already been answers -- SERIOUSLY -- GOOGLE is your friend!
smile.gif

xist

ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ
Trophies
XP
Country
No there's not a permanent hack for the Go/3000/latter day 2000.

Don't get a Go if you can help it....get one of the limited edition 2000 packages if you really need to upgrade but the 1000 should be good enough for most things. Only real problem might be fighters which utilise the D pad heavily.

thedicemaster

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
there IS a permanent hack for those.
it's done by using a partially/fake signed modified vshmain.prx, which unfortunately works only on 6.20 firmware.
although the included readme says only to use it on a 1k with pandorra available, it works on all psp's.

xist

ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ
Trophies
XP
Country
I suppose IS a hack and IS A USABLE hack for unreflashable mobo's amounts to different things.

Is there a hack? Yes.
Is there a hack that a Go or 3000 user should be messing with? Not unless you're happy risking a brick.

Plus it remains to be seen what will happen with this given that as i understand it it's flashing permanent files into a supposedly volatile area of memory.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Talk about propaganda.