Hacking "Newer" Mario Kart Wii and Super Smash Bros Brawl?

HNKii

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
A friend of mine in the U.S. found that Walmart, Target, Bestbuy etc, are carrying a "Newer" version of SSBB and a "Newer" Mario Kart Wii at Target.
The "Newer" Versions of the game are noticeable for they no longer have the Nintendo Wi-Fi connection icon and "Online interactions not rated by the ESRB" on the front cover, and advertisement about Wi-Fi function are removed on the back cover.
The Code of the "Newer" SSBB had a internal code( Next to the Bar code):RVL P GSB USA

And here are my questions:
Has anyone dumped a "Newer" Version of the SSBB or MKWii? If yes, then:
Are they the same as the original?(MD5/SHA1)
If not:
Do they have a Update partition of Ver3.x or Ver 4.3?
If it is Ver 4.3:
Do they even kept the Wi-Fi function menu within the game?
And More Importantly:
Will the "Newer" SSBB be able to run smash stack?

(P.S.: If you have one of those U.S. Nintendo select version games, and is able to dump, you might be able to be able to provide info that may help as well :))

Quincy

Your own personal guitarist :3
Trophies
Website
youtek.net
XP
Country
Netherlands
I own a Nintendo Select's SSBB PAL version and it worked perfectly with smash stack.

That's not the point as this is a known fact. After the quite radical desiccion to stop the online services of Wii and NDS, Nintendo has pushed out new versions of SSBB and MKWii as TS has stated. He wants to know whether these new versions differ, not if your NSelect version is working ;)

TS: I honnestly wouldn't know, but I don't think Nintendo would invest such many time into an old game or system that isn't making profits anymore.

reax_mpg

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
That's not the point as this is a known fact. After the quite radical desiccion to stop the online services of Wii and NDS, Nintendo has pushed out new versions of SSBB and MKWii as TS has stated. He wants to know whether these new versions differ, not if your NSelect version is working ;)

TS: I honnestly wouldn't know, but I don't think Nintendo would invest such many time into an old game or system that isn't making profits anymore.

Ups, ok!

Reecey

Mario 64 (favorite game of all time)
Trophies
XP
Country
Like the chappy above said its just versions without online so there is no ratings the actual game has no difference and like he said why would they. Wii and DS are shutting down there online gaming also the Shopchannel which I think it was called. Smashstack hack still works OK as well.

TyBlood13

As Seen On GBATempTV
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Like the chappy above said its just versions without online so there is no ratings the actual game has no difference and like he said why would they. Wii and DS are shutting down there online gaming also the Shopchannel which I think it was called. Smashstack hack still works OK as well.
The Wii Shop Channel is staying up

tech3475

Trophies
XP
Country
No not at the moment but it will go soon, there not going to keep it open for long if eShop is the way.

You forget though, there are allot of Wiis out there. I think they'll keep it up for as long as it's profitable.

Besides, they'll need to keep the shop up in some form anyway to allow people to transfer content to vWii (not just downloading the channel but the transfer checks licenses as well).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: 9:02 am here