Hardware new3ds motherboard

Snooli

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
What would be a good place to get a new motherboard?
I found a seller from china, but he's asking $52.
Where do all the 3DSs with trashed top screen go?
I am in Europe, so I'd prefer a local source.

Virdoo

Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
There arent many sources for motherboards. Look up on ebay for broken 3DS or aliexpress for used motherboards. I ordered one about an year ago and if i'm not wrong, i paid around $50. Still better price than buying new 3ds tho...

Snooli

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
new motherboard on eBay or... IN STORE :) I assume you're doing it yourself.
The thing is, there aren't any. There is a lot of boards for N3DSXL, but for normal N3DS, only one, and it is non-functional (by pictures I'd guess a messed up hardmod)
What stores do you have in mind? I can't image walking into a normal game store and walking away with a spare board.

jmhannz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Haha, what I have in mind isn't technically legal, nor is much on this forum. Use your imagination. ^_-

Snooli

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Haha, what I have in mind isn't technically legal, nor is much on this forum. Use your imagination. ^_-
I hope my imagination misguided me here, as I don't really feel like walking around in a store with a screwdriver in hand.

jmhannz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I hope my imagination misguided me here, as I don't really feel like walking around in a store with a screwdriver in hand.
No that's way too ridiculous lmao. You seem to be aware of how to replace the motherboards, you seem to also understand the serial is only on the back cover, and under the back cover, but no where inside, nor a warranty sticker. If you can manage to find one with a return policy. Use your imagination for the rest.

Snooli

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
No that's way too ridiculous lmao. You seem to be aware of how to replace the motherboards, you seem to also understand the serial is only on the back cover, and under the back cover, but no where inside, nor a warranty sticker. If you can manage to find one with a return policy. Use your imagination for the rest.
Except that when the technicians open it up, they will see my sotter on the pads...
However, I could just get a summer job in one of those places.
---EDIT---
new thought
that's even better now that I think about it. I could get my hands on the NTR card.
---EDIT2---
just adding onto my theory
There is no backdoor like the actual backdoor of a nintendo repair center. If we could befriend someone in there or get inside ourselves...

Last edited by Snooli,
Reactions: jmhannz

jmhannz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Except that when the technicians open it up, they will see my sotter on the pads...
However, I could just get a summer job in one of those places.
---EDIT---
new thought
that's even better now that I think about it. I could get my hands on the NTR card.
and is the store you are buying it from going to open up the 3ds and inspect the motherboard? Hmmm..

Snooli

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
and is the store you are buying it from going to open up the 3ds and inspect the motherboard? Hmmm..
well if I return it as non-functional, there is a high chance they might. And I don't feel like paying the full price of a 3ds since I got mine second hand at half the current asking price.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4N-3vv4kzdk