Gaming new zelda releases for wii u. discussions!

jammybudga777

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
i have been waiting for a long time for the zelda game to be released. but i just watched a video and im confused lol what zelda is this? (second video down)
this is the one ive been waiting for and its not hyrule warriors and its defo not the same graphics at this

Reecey

Mario 64 (favorite game of all time)
Trophies
XP
Country
The one on the right was from E3 2013 which the new Zelda was a bit of up in the air job at that time but the video on the left is a proper working demo of the new up and coming Zelda game in 2015. Go for the left demo the right is just a bit of nothing tbh I think it was just put together for the E3 2013 Zelda WiiU hype train :)

jammybudga777

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
thanks for the reply.
but know thats just ruined my day sooo much lol. after seeing the video having graphics that look fairly realistic i was all hyped up thinkin it would be kinda like skyward sword with better graphics. instead they decided to go simular to windwake back to the cartoon graphics. i definatly wont be wasteing my money on this. (ive waited nearly 2 years ffs) lol clap clap nintendo

Reecey

Mario 64 (favorite game of all time)
Trophies
XP
Country
thanks for the reply.
but know thats just ruined my day sooo much lol. after seeing the video having graphics that look fairly realistic i was all hyped up thinkin it would be kinda like skyward sword with better graphics. instead they decided to go simular to windwake back to the cartoon graphics. i definatly wont be wasteing my money on this. (ive waited nearly 2 years ffs) lol clap clap nintendo

No trust me m8 the new Zelda 2015 is going to be big, they say the actual Zelda world will be able to be explored from everywhere, its not about pushing boxes to the left or right to open doors anymore! Keep watching this space, I'm sure you will be changing your mind when it comes around :)

Dyshonest

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No trust me m8 the new Zelda 2015 is going to be big, they say the actual Zelda world will be able to be explored from everywhere, its not about pushing boxes to the left or right to open doors anymore! Keep watching this space, I'm sure you will be changing your mind when it comes around :)
So it's going to lose what little charm and uniqueness it had left and that's a good thing? lol.

jammybudga777

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
i can image the game being good but the graphics have seriously ruined it for me. for the last year or 2 i have been given the impression this is what it would look like (same thing happened with windwaker) graphics are horrible playing a cartoony game to be honest. but on the other hand if i knew that is was gonna be cartoony from the start i would have been fine with it

mightymuffy

fatbaldpieeater
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Come on laddie, it wouldn't be a Zelda if it didn't have the controversial graffix would it....;)
I was certainly rather unimpressed after the first viewing, but after a few more looks (specifically an IGN rewind watch with various slow motion takes of the clip), I've warmed a great deal - this anime approach looks fantastic! Link favours a right puff of course, but then he has done for a good while now, including the more realistic style on your 2nd vid, and especially fukkin Hyrule Warriors Link......

Arras

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
The right/second one is simply a tech demo and probably won't lead to an actual game. The first one is what the new Zelda will be like.

jammybudga777

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Come on laddie, it wouldn't be a Zelda if it didn't have the controversial graffix would it....;)
I was certainly rather unimpressed after the first viewing, but after a few more looks (specifically an IGN rewind watch with various slow motion takes of the clip), I've warmed a great deal - this anime approach looks fantastic! Link favours a right puff of course, but then he has done for a good while now, including the more realistic style on your 2nd vid, and especially fukkin Hyrule Warriors Link......

i completely agree. but i seriously would have rathered the better graphics that were showed off in the demo (demo=implying thats the fuckin game itself) lol thats why im soo pissy on the matter now.

all i no know is i defo wont be handing over 45 pounds to play it

p.s the thread can be closed while i drown in my sorrows lol

Arras

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
It seems a bit ridiculous that you won't buy a game simply because the art style is different from an earlier tech demo, especially considering you said you'd be fine with it if the tech demo never existed in the first place, but eh.

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Meanwhile, I'm confused as to why the Zelda demo is considered more cartoony than the earlier tech demo. Sure, the main character looks different, but it's in no way the cellshaded look from Wind waker (or skyward sword, for that matter). And as for the rest of the environment...I can't see any mayor difference between those two demo's. Sure, the tech demo is a bit darker, but seeing as it's in a dungeon that is only to be expected.

Issac

Iᔕᔕᗩᑕ
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
i completely agree. but i seriously would have rathered the better graphics that were showed off in the demo (demo=implying thats the fuckin game itself) lol thats why im soo pissy on the matter now.....

You need to learn the difference of a demo and a tech demo. The more realistic one was a "Look, this is how a Zelda game could look like with the power of the Wii U", showing a demonstration of the graphical capabilities of the system.
A regular demo (implying it's the fucking game itself) is a preview of a real product. However! Sometimes even the demo can differ from the final release, if the demo is built on previous unfinished versions of the game.

However, don't believe for a second that the more realistic looking Zelda was ever going to be a game. it was JUST a tech demo.

jammybudga777

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
tech demo or not. if the graphics are capable and being shown off "look this is how great is can look" then maybe they should of used the console's potential and not dulled it down

jammybudga777

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Meanwhile, I'm confused as to why the Zelda demo is considered more cartoony than the earlier tech demo. Sure, the main character looks different, but it's in no way the cellshaded look from Wind waker (or skyward sword, for that matter). And as for the rest of the environment...I can't see any mayor difference between those two demo's. Sure, the tech demo is a bit darker, but seeing as it's in a dungeon that is only to be expected.

you should gone specsavers then dude. there's no way you can say they look alike or not any differece lol

spotanjo3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Jammy,, you are being ridiculous. Wait and see for the next year. It is going to be big smash and best seller, you will see ? It has nothing to do with cartoon or something. Just wait and see to avoid the guessing too much. :)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: It's mostly the ones that are just pictures and no instructions at all