Localhorst86

Robert'); DROP TABLE members;--
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Are you sure? It looked like 3D to me :unsure:
I didn't play them much though.

I'm the opposite, in fact the only top-down Zelda games I've beaten are Minish Cap (which was great) and Triforce Heroes. They just fail to get me hooked.

I could go on about why you are wrong ;) (just kidding, tastes are different). I think i have a pretty reasonable argument why i personally dont like the - admittedly only two - 3D zeldas that i have played and why the top-down ones captivate me, but that would be way off topic and way too much to say.

All I can sum it up in is that it really depends on what you expect from a zelda game, which aspect of its gameplay makes it tick for you.

osaka35

Instructional Designer
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I would honestly love another Zelda game in the style of Link's Awakening or the Oracle games (wouldn't necessarily have to be pixel-style), but I know that's never going to happen.

Capcom isn't too big on making video games nowadays (they handled the gameboy games before the DS games, as I recall). But I'd love to see that too.

spotanjo3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
One of the leaked documents from new 3ds rumors said they'd remake wind waker and twilight princess for the new 3DS, but I figure we'd have heard something by now if it were true.

It was fake. Here:

http://nintendonews.com/news/3ds/fake-twilight-princess-3d-rumor/

Yeah, it was last year. No, stop believed the rumours! I never listen or read anything without Nintendo's documents or otherwise Nintendo would have say something sooner. No. I doubt.

Last edited by spotanjo3,

Mikemk

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
what you expect from a zelda game
Adventure, dungeons full of puzzles that wouldn't actually protect whatever they're hiding in the real world, each dungeon has an item that its puzzles are themed with, and a sword Link isn't allowed to use, but is somehow the best swordfighter when trouble comes

They were only 2.5D. They had basic models (islands, ocean, link...) rendered in 3D to a framebuffer, with sprites rendered over that.

And the land when docked/parked was also 2D sprites made to look 3D
Boss and boat/train scenes were 3D. Everything else (including signs frogs held) was either pre-rendered or 2.5D with 3D characters rendered over them

So let's say they're 2.75D.

It was fake. Here:

http://nintendonews.com/news/3ds/fake-twilight-princess-3d-rumor/

Yeah, it was last year. No, stop believed the rumours! I never listen or read anything without Nintendo's documents or otherwise Nintendo would have say something sooner. No. I doubt.
That's not the one I was talking about. I'm talking about the leaked powerpoint that listed tech specs, api info, and launch titles for the new 3ds. One of them was "Twilight Princess remake (delayed)"

I'll find it, but Nintendo did a good job covering it up. It's hard to find and'll take a while

spotanjo3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Adventure, dungeons full of puzzles that wouldn't actually protect whatever they're hiding in the real world, each dungeon has an item that its puzzles are themed with, and a sword Link isn't allowed to use, but is somehow the best swordfighter when trouble comes

Boss and boat/train scenes were 3D. Everything else (including signs frogs held) was either pre-rendered or 2.5D with 3D characters rendered over them

So let's say they're 2.75D.

That's not the one I was talking about. I'm talking about the leaked powerpoint that listed tech specs, api info, and launch titles for the new 3ds. One of them was "Twilight Princess remake (delayed)"

I'll find it, but Nintendo did a good job covering it up. It's hard to find and'll take a while

Sometimes they are doing a good job covering it up but I still don't believe it because twilight Princess remastered already for Wii U. I will wait for your source. Again, I doubt for the new 3DS anyway. However, I will be glad if I am wrong when they surprise us! ;)

spotanjo3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Last edited by spotanjo3,

Mikemk

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It was posted in Feb 2015. Yeah. Makes sense to me. I will bet that it was a rumour for 3DS until somehow it became a reality and means to be for a Wii U as HD remastered instead.
I suppose that's possible. I don't really care about the Wii U, and didn't even realize TP had been remade for the Wii U.

Xiphiidae

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I'd be happy with a game with the LBW engine, except with the overworld not lifted from a previous game.
It's possible, but I suspect unlikely. We'd have probably heard at least rumors or hints at this point if any serious effort were being made.
I agree. To me, the best thing about ALBW was the engine, and just how well it played and felt all-around.

Capcom isn't too big on making video games nowadays (they handled the gameboy games before the DS games, as I recall). But I'd love to see that too.
Of course they wouldn't have to be made by Capcom; LA wasn't, after all.

You should be happy. There is at least one good Zelda game that wasn't a remake, and we never had to cry over something like a Legend of Zelda Federation Force.
There are other franchises that need more love.
What was Triforce Heroes if not LoZ: Fed Force?

Any one up for a zelda 2 remake?:creep:
While I personally did not like Zelda 2 at all, I think the idea of a side-scroller Zelda would be a lot of fun (my favourite Zelda is LA, which has heaps on fun side-scroller segments), so a Zelda 2 remake could actually be pretty good, if done right.

I'm the opposite, in fact the only top-down Zelda games I've beaten are Minish Cap (which was great) and Triforce Heroes. They just fail to get me hooked.
While I loved LA and the Oracle games, I found Minish Cap to be Grade-A trash and one of the worst Zelda games, in my view.

Last edited by Xiphiidae,

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just curious, capcom did indeed help make oracle of ages and seasons but what exactly did they do? It doesn't feature any capcom elements to the game and plays just like link's awakening

Xiphiidae

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Just curious, capcom did indeed help make oracle of ages and seasons but what exactly did they do? It doesn't feature any capcom elements to the game and plays just like link's awakening
What do you mean? They just the LADX engine as a base and made two games from it. In the same way that Grezzo made Triforce Heroes by using the ALBW engine as a base.

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What do you mean? They just the LADX engine as a base and made two games from it. In the same way that Grezzo made Triforce Heroes by using the ALBW engine as a base.
So did nintendo have any involvement in the developement of the game or was it all capcom? That what confused me, the game boots up with both capcom and nintendo logo, but if it had say like "Nintendo presents, a game by capcom" or something like that, it would be more clear.

Xiphiidae

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
So did nintendo have any involvement in the developement of the game or was it all capcom? That what confused me, the game boots up with both capcom and nintendo logo, but if it had say like "Nintendo presents, a game by capcom" or something like that, it would be more clear.
As far as I understand it, Nintendo was not really involved with development at all (unlike Triforce Heroes, actually, which I believe had some Nintendo involvement, despite being primarily Grezzo).

osaka35

Instructional Designer
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Of course they wouldn't have to be made by Capcom; LA wasn't, after all.
LA? What does california have to do with zelda?
Oh, or were you just being lazy and didn't want to type out "Link's Awakening"?

That being said, of course they don't have to. But Minish cap and oracle/ages were loads of fun.

But jeez. Could you think of a more annoying way of saying what you said?

Last edited by osaka35,

Xiphiidae

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
What does california have to do with zelda?
Oh, or were you just being lazy and didn't want to type out "link's awakening"?

That being said, of course they don't have to. Minish cap and oracle/ages were loads of fun. But jeez. Could you think of a more annoying way of saying that?
I did not understand anything you just said.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    S @ salazarcosplay: how are you @SylverReZ