Hacking New Wii U user wanting to Softmod it..but proving Difficult!

Paul Brown

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi, I need help!

I have just purchased the black 32gb Premium Wii U Console here in the UK (Pal Version)

Before purchase i looked at the videos on u tube, about how to install home-brew, it looked relatively simple. Now i have the Wii U, its proving difficult.

I have the San Disk 2GB basic SD card, A Card Reader to link to Mac, Smash Bros Brawl Game and of course the WII.

Can someone please provide the links for a PAL version i require(as slightly different to other countries in understand), and give me a simple step by step instruction.

It would be greatly appreciate, as I'm getting more frustrated by the minute!

Thanking you in Advance!

Paul Brown

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Yes. And still unable to get the files to kick start the process after loading up smash bros brawl and inserting the sd after deleting everything saved as instructed.

Paul Brown

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country

3bbb7

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What do you name the actual SD card? Does that make any difference. Also when u go to main menu off wii u, there is a icon for wii u menu plus also the smash bro brawl game icon as disc in machine is these the way you load up?

The SD card name does not matter. Set up the files on the SD, and turn on your Wii U. then choose the Wii Menu icon to take you to vWii. Then launch SSBB from there, and finish the process

Paul Brown

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
When the files are downloaded, they are in their relevant folder "private" and the elf, is only only required of the other download is it ok just to copy straight onto the card, or do you physically have to create the private and subsequent folders within it then copy the bin into st folder?

ozl

Wii4everybody
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
wii4everybody.com
XP
Country
Mexico
When the files are downloaded, they are in their relevant folder "private" and the elf, is only only required of the other download is it ok just to copy straight onto the card, or do you physically have to create the private and subsequent folders within it then copy the bin into st folder?
just copy and paste

spotanjo3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Have you tried googling your problem?

If you do not want to help him then do not comment on it. It might hurt some people's feelings. Of course, some people keep repeating the same question, I understand that. Seriously, do not follow or copy people's quote: "Have you tried googling this and that and blah blah". I have seen it. Its not cool at all! I never followed people's statement at all. I follow my heart to desire to help one another. Google or not, we are here to help one another no matter what, thats simple. Have a heart! ^_^

Hero-link has a link for you since its very helpful. Hope it helps. Cheers!

FPSRussi4

Trophies
XP
Country
Laos
If you do not want to help him then do not comment on it. It might hurt some people's feelings. Of course, some people keep repeating the same question, I understand that. Seriously, do not follow or copy people's quote: "Have you tried googling this and that and blah blah". I have seen it. Its not cool at all! I never followed people's statement at all. I follow my heart to desire to help one another. Google or not, we are here to help one another no matter what, thats simple. Have a heart! ^_^

Hero-link has a link for you since its very helpful. Hope it helps. Cheers!
Have a heart on the Internet? Also,if he googled "smash stack PAL" it's the first result.

FPSRussi4

Trophies
XP
Country
Laos
In order to protect yourself from bricking, install Priiloader first before you do anything.
EDIT: Assuming you'd read the stickies you'd know not to do such a thing.

Hero-Link

Hero of Derrr
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
In order to protect yourself from bricking, install Priiloader first before you do anything.

DO NOT DO THIS!!!

there is no priiloader for wii u!

Also, what i meant, was that there shouldn't be any stages created in Brawl, you should delete all stages before hand. Turn off the game.

Turn on the console again (WITHOUT THE SD CARD!! This is VERY important), run the VWii, enter the game, only once you are in the main menu of the game that you can insert the SD card.

Go to the stage builder and voila... it auto runs the smash stack. Install homebrew channel, and follow the guide that was posted on the forum ;)

Paul Brown

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Success! The home brew channel is on the wii now. Since installed c idos files. Do I now have to install everything manually to work in it? I'm wanting to run games (ISO) from my external hardrive. What do I require?

Paul Brown

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I have loader gx on the sd card that home brew loads up fine. I'm using a mac and having trouble getting the ios to the flash drive or external HDD, like there not recognised by the mac. I have repaired them and reformatted. The computer recognises but WiiJmanager does not. I get the rom/ISO in that wiij manager app for mac but unable to transfer it to drive? Any suggestions. This has been painstaking so far appreciate the help given so far.

Ericzander

GBAtemp's residential attorney
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Somalia
I made a video that gives a complete process (heavily based on the written tutorial by 'Truth') on getting USB Loader GX to work.

COMPLETE GUIDE on How to Play Wii Backups on Wii U and Backup NAND With Voice 1080p HD

For the part that you're stuck at, skip the video to 7:12. It will show you how to use WBFS Manger (for both Win and Mac) to get the games on the USB drive. If you have any questions, feel free to leave me a comment here or there.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Firefox users be like "look at what they have to do to mimic a fraction of our power."