Certified Crash Test Dummy
OP
Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States
This doesn't really help since it's already confirmed, but my blue Wii bought last year from the Netherlands has a serial number beginning with KEH.
I am glad to get more than one confirmation, so thank you. In the case of US Wii's however, I've checked myself and I've had at least half a dozen other people confirm it.

VampireLordAlucard

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Poking around Google, here's some findings:

Europe 2 - KEM?
- Somebody here claims to have a KEM system, though it could be a typo.

Korea - KLM?
- The Nintendo site for Korea, when translated, says Wii's have "Gamecube controller ports x 4".
- Maybe Korea didn't get updated Wii, as suggested earlier?

Neither of these really proves anything, but hope it helps.

Reactions: JoostinOnline

JoostinOnline

OP
Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States
Poking around Google, here's some findings:

Europe 2 - KEM?
- Somebody here claims to have a KEM system, though it could be a typo.

Korea - KLM?
- The Nintendo site for Korea, when translated, says Wii's have "Gamecube controller ports x 4".
- Maybe Korea didn't get updated Wii, as suggested earlier?

Neither of these really proves anything, but hope it helps.
Thank you very much. I've sent a PM to Deeptrap to ask him to confirm if it was correct. The Korea site doesn't really prove anything, as you said, but it does suggest that my suspicions are correct.

VampireLordAlucard

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Poked around ebay and craigslist in other regions, seeing if somebody happened to upload a picture showing the serial, but no luck. Not much luck on the Nintendo site, either.

It's not much, but the only other reference to the KEM serial I can find is here, which I found Googling Wii KEM.

Web Translated post:
I have a doubt that to see if I can clarify.
I have given to the bride the wii, the new version the horizontal, and I put him to load the homebrew channel with uloader games. I have downloaded the softmodii and asked him to tell me the serial number and version to print the tutorial. No problem version is 4.3 but the serial number, which told me I have scratched. I said KEM begins followed by the numbering but in softmodi can see that LEM, LU, LEH, LEF ... but I do not see it anywhere KEM: I thought it might have misread and be LEM but she assures me so, and I ask the KEM's starting? In the tutorial just under "Other" and not before?

Reactions: JoostinOnline

Maxternal

Peanut Gallery Spokesman
Trophies
Website
gbadev.googlecode.com
XP
Country

JoostinOnline

OP
Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States
Not sure if this is the appropriate place to report this (or maybe I'm just behind on this and everyone knows this already.) but there's reports of new Wiis (KU, yes, already reported) that actually have changes in the system menu with the gamecube stuff removed.
http://gbatemp.net/threads/the-wii-mini-has-one-usb-port.338580/page-2#post-4472650
Yeah, but the Wii Mini doesn't have an SD slot and thus cannot be hacked, at least not by any current means. Thanks anyway. :)

Maxternal

Peanut Gallery Spokesman
Trophies
Website
gbadev.googlecode.com
XP
Country
Yeah, but the Wii Mini doesn't have an SD slot and thus cannot be hacked, at least not by any current means. Thanks anyway. :)
Actually, I think he was talking about a normal no-GC Wii (bought on black friday in the US)

... but anyway, I guess it isn't really the right place to post this (no serial number change). It was just the only thread I knew of that was about the new non-GameCube Wii's. :wink:

JoostinOnline

OP
Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States
I still haven't gotten around to posting it here, but I did release a huge update to CheckRegion a few days ago. I've made a ton of changes since the last (public) release. The sample program reports your serial code and number, as well as the shop code. If your serial code is not registered, then it is displayed along with your model to help match the region. The source files include complete documentation.

I think I credited everyone who first informed me of a new serial code, but if I forgot you then just post a reminder here (along with a link to where you helped) and I'll add you.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: it won't make it better or worse