Homebrew New VBA GX fork (2.3.0)

marmalade

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
everything runs great, thanks

the only 1 problem I notice is the box containing names for games is too large and is overlapped by the screenshot box

Kaneco

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Been super out of the loop on anything Wii/vWii homebrew and emulation...but can somebody tell me, what's the best emulator for GB & GBC? Like a dedicated one, or is VBA gx 2.3.2 (currently) the best GB & GBC emulator on Wii/vWii?

Have heard the VBA GX used to have some issues with GB & GBC games at times in the past...but it's been years since I've heard that. So what do you guys recommend when it comes to GB & GBC emulation outside & while leaving out GBA compatibility?

Thanks for your time. :)

rogerioronin

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Been super out of the loop on anything Wii/vWii homebrew and emulation...but can somebody tell me, what's the best emulator for GB & GBC? Like a dedicated one, or is VBA gx 2.3.2 (currently) the best GB & GBC emulator on Wii/vWii?

Have heard the VBA GX used to have some issues with GB & GBC games at times in the past...but it's been years since I've heard that. So what do you guys recommend when it comes to GB & GBC emulation outside & while leaving out GBA compatibility?

Thanks for your time. :)

Best GB and GBC emulator in my opinion for Wii

RinWii
https://mundowiihack.wordpress.com/tag/rinwii/

Kaneco

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Best GB and GBC emulator in my opinion for Wii

RinWii
https://mundowiihack.wordpress.com/tag/rinwii/

Oh nice! I think I remember hearing about this one. :D

I also just recently heard about gnuboy? How's that? Rin vs. Gnuboy?

Any other suggestion by others..it would be awesome to get as much feedback as possible. :)

EDIT: So I tried Rin...and emulation seems to be top-notch but the sounds is completely off & inaccurate for all games? Hmm...any GB/GBC focused emulators that people can recommend? ...Or is there a way to fix the sound issue? Guessing not...seems like this emulator hasn't been updated in years. lol!

EDIT #2: Is it normal for VBAGX to not be able to save states on GB & GBC games?

Last edited by Kaneco,

Maeson

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Gnuboy has a lot of screen tearing and framerate issues the last time I tried, and I don't know if it was ever updated once in years.

You can use Retroarch's Gambatte core for GB and GBC which I don't recall having problems with, but you should also try mGBA, as it is a GBA emulator that supports GB and GBC too.

Besides those... Hmmm, try the emulator on Mednafen Wii?

Reactions: rogerioronin

Zopenko

Link He come to town Come to save the Princess Z
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Here you go: https://mega.nz/#!LRpzQYwB!Oq_GeiLbZ-MTPZIDuRbNsAm5aXq4k1l11Mp2iU3Knvk

This version has:
-DSI error fix by Tantric
-Wiiflow plugin mod by Fix94
-No GUI sound removed -maybe I could add later-
-Added severals' Zopenkos features
Hi @Askot

Question how did you build this dol?

I did a compile of the 2.3.3 from tantrics Github, but still got the settings Dsi error.

I have been using the devkit enviroment from the snes builds (previous version to avoid CT/FFIII errors)

Askot

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Hi @Askot

Question how did you build this dol?

I did a compile of the 2.3.3 from tantrics Github, but still got the settings Dsi error.

I have been using the devkit enviroment from the snes builds (previous version to avoid CT/FFIII errors)
I used:
-devkitpro rev 26
-libogc rev 27
-portlibs before last

I think DSI error fix it's from this commit by Tantric: https://github.com/dborth/vbagx/commit/5483f0f444b5ecf04ad72b848bbf9e25868197f4
Also, I merged libertyernie's commit with Tantric's.

pajretX

Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Hi!
Can someone please compile the Ustealth support into 2.3.x version?
I'd really appreciate that.

BR

I'm good.
I found it on this forum. 2.3.2 + UStealth support.

Last edited by pajretX,

GB-CG

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How would someone go about adding cheat support to VBA GX?
I doubt it. But in the meantime, if you're playing GB games there’s a program called GameGenieGuy which you can input codes and it patches the ROM with the code(s).
Or if you’re want to play GBA games with cheats, just use mGBA. First you'll need the desktop version of mGBA, it will save cheat files as “.cheat”.
1. In the root of your SD/USB, make a new folder, “mGBA”.
2. In the mGBA folder, make a new folder with the title of the game (doesn’t matter so much that one). Drag the ROM into that. Or make a new folder called “games” and put the game title folder in there. (For better sorting)
3. Then drag the saved “.cheat” into the folder with the ROM and sav file. Make sure the .cheat matches the name of the ROM to make it work.

So far, you can't toggle the cheats while playing the game unfortunately. It’s 'On' all the time.
best GB & GBC emulator on Wii/vWii?
Retroarch’s Gambatte core, I think. Put the .dol in its own folder in /apps and launch it there.

Last edited by GB-CG,

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That is the problem; the GX line of emulators probably have the best UI.

But the worst speed hacks and frameskip and many game suffer from it, and were intended for weaker hardware (in this case, Wii); Wii has mGBA which runs better than this *shrug*.

Retroarch GUI sucks :S I prefer VBAGX

And yet there's more than one GUI mode, there's XMB GUI too, so...at least on Wii U. Wii can't do better than the RGUI due to memory limits.

EuroMIX

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
But the worst speed hacks and frameskip and many game suffer from it, and were intended for weaker hardware (in this case, Wii); Wii has mGBA which runs better than this *shrug*.
I know, and it's the problem I've been having recently trying to decide which to use. I'm also really used to how VBA GX handles things, and I like the visual consistency between it and the NES and SNES GX emulators.

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I know, and it's the problem I've been having recently trying to decide which to use. I'm also really used to how VBA GX handles things, and I like the visual consistency between it and the NES and SNES GX emulators.

I suggest giving mGBA a try, it has a more basic GUI, but is easy to navigate and runs every GBA game full speed without compromise. Wii can't have a better GUI because there's <64 MB or RAM to work with.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/MddR6PTmGKg?si=mU2EO5hoE7XXSbSr