Endless Trash
OP
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
xYgH53f.jpg
Nintendo rolled out a new update (v9.6.0-24) for their line of handheld consoles last night and this time it's not just for the sake of "stability improvements" - it actually provides a plethora of new functionality you guys might be interested in:​
Changes to HOME Menu: A Home Menu Layout setting has been added to HOME Menu Settings. Users can save and load up to 8 layouts of the HOME Menu with different theme and software icon arrangements.
Changes to Theme Shop: Additional categories have been added under “View More” for easier navigation of the Theme Shop.
Improvements to system stability and usability: Further improvements to overall system stability and other minor adjustments have been made to enhance the user experience.
Changes to HOME Menu Settings (3DS, 3DS XL, and 2DS Systems Only): amiibo Settings has been added to HOME Menu Settings. amiibo Settings allows users to register an amiibo owner and nickname, delete data written to an amiibo by supported software, or reset an amiibo. This feature will require a peripheral device scheduled to launch in 2015.
Sounds fancy-shmancy, especially folder layouts. Hopefully Nintendo will also roll out the collectible badges programme in the west - never too much customization options, right?​
:arrow: Ongoing Discussion

Reactions: Xabring

VMM

Hamon > Stand
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
"Improvements to the system and overall stability and usability",
does this mean that OOT exploit has been patched?

VinsCool

Persona Secretiva Felineus
Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
Changes to HOME Menu Settings (3DS, 3DS XL, and 2DS Systems Only): amiibo Settings has been added to HOME Menu Settings. amiibo Settings allows users to register an amiibo owner and nickname, delete data written to an amiibo by supported software, or reset an amiibo. This feature will require a peripheral device scheduled

I lost faith in nintendo.

VinsCool

Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
What did you expect? The 2DS/3DS/3DS XL don't have an NFC sensor, of course it requires a peripheral. The N3DS/N3DS XL support Amiibos natively.

Obviously I didn't expect amiibo support by black magic.

First, nintendo selling this plastic with chip garbage at low quantities for scalpers enjoying scalping, now nintendo releases a "new peripheral" in order people would spend more money on gimmicks.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
OP
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Obviously I didn't expect amiibo support by black magic. First, nintendo selling this plastic with chip garbage at low quantities for scalpers enjoying scalping, now nintendo releases a "new peripheral" in order people would spend more money on gimmicks.
...the 3DS is your first Nintendo console, isn't it. :unsure:

I kid, I kid. My point being, it's not the first time Nintendo's done this. In fact, I'm pretty sure they've released useless peripherals for each and every system they've ever made, including the NES. For all intents and purposes this is just more incentive to upgrade to an N3DS for them, they have to provide some functionality that's exclusive to it without alienating the fanbase they've amassed with the earlier revision.

VinsCool

Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
...the 3DS is your first Nintendo console, isn't it. :unsure:

I kid, I kid. My point being, it's not the first time Nintendo's done this. In fact, I'm pretty sure they've released useless peripherals for each and every system they've ever made, including the NES. For all intents and purposes this is just more incentive to upgrade to an N3DS for them, they have to provide some functionality that's exclusive to it without alienating the fanbase they've amassed with the earlier revision.

Yeah, just like the super gameboy, or the gameboy player, whose were worth it.
My point was about how "optionnal" amiibos are. To me the "new peripheral" is not helping them. I know some people would enjoy it, but many won't buy for sure.

And FYI I have a lot of nintendo consoles :lol: But I got your point :P

You may want to link this thread for ongoing discussion and lock this one as just a news post for the front page.
But this one is for people conplaining about gateway being blocked again

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    straferz @ straferz: Anybody know why this is happening to my ACWW town...