New Switch Dock Adapter on Indiegogo

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
I thought I'd let you all know that there's a new Switch Dock adapter on Indiegogo that has all the same features as the official one, and if you back a higher tier, it even comes with a stand you can use it with (albeit a not very high quality one)

It's called the SFANS adapter, and it's available here: https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/...ch-truly-portable-games-videogames/x/279856#/
For those of you that are a bit more adept, you might notice it looks almost exactly like the Chinese C-Force CF-001 adapter that was announced a while ago, and is now for sale.

As far as I can tell they are almost identical.
However, the CF-001 is hard to get ahold of while the SFANS adapter is easy to get (as long as you are willing to wait until August that is), plus, it's confirmed to work with the Switch and its various power requirements, and the higher tiers even come with a power adapter. And the CF-001 is about the same price as well. They are both cheaper than the official dock, so why not :P

Anyway, I'm really interested in this adapter myself and already backed it. If you've been following my Switch discussion (you probably haven't :P) then you know how much I hate the official dock. It's badly designed and blocks the rear vents, although recently I learned that if you leave the side door open, it at least leaves half of the air vents open. I didn't discover that until recently.

My Switch is already bent due to heat, don't let it happen to yours too. The official dock is just badly designed and if you care to play in docked mode you either need one of these, or a replacement dock shell like this one: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Replacement...628022?hash=item1c88962eb6:g:6E0AAOSwvjdZQ0Wn
Both are good options although I can't tell from the picture if the replacement dock shell there blocks the air vents or not.

Anyway, choose for yourself if you want one or not. I'm not risking it considering how badly designed the official dock is.
:)

Reactions: The3rdknuckles
S

Saiyan Lusitano

Digital Foundry has reviewed it and they basically found it to be pretty good but not definitive.

D

Deleted-355425

I have had one of these on order for a while, same as the 'switch Con' apparently.

Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
1 quid cloth of velvet is a cheap alternative to a 50 quid portable alternative.

Taking the full dock with me is actually a lot more inconvenient than it sounds. That's all it is.. a convenience factor.. Not to mention you're paying ~$300USD for a luxury device. A $60 portable dock isn't too farfetched..

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Taking the full dock with me is actually a lot more inconvenient than it sounds. That's all it is.. a convenience factor.. Not to mention you're paying ~$300USD for a luxury device. A $60 portable dock isn't too farfetched..

I wouldn't take that thing with me, it's already to fragile as it is.
Besides, if you got a carrying case, pretty sure they are designed for the dock as well?

Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
I wouldn't take that thing with me, it's already to fragile as it is.
Besides, if you got a carrying case, pretty sure they are designed for the dock as well?
Not all of them. The one I own would fit this portable dock fine. The regular dock and all of its cables? Not so much.

I use an old tablet bag to take my Switch with me. It fits everything but the dock itself.

D

Deleted-355425

i need this because there is no space on my tv stand for the dock to sit optop so i can slide the switch in, this lets me just plug it in and lay the switch flat on the shelf.

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Not all of them. The one I own would fit this portable dock fine. The regular dock and all of its cables? Not so much.

I use an old tablet bag to take my Switch with me. It fits everything but the dock itself.

Hm, I still wouldn't carry it with me tho.
It's a miracle phones these days don't bend (Iphone 7 did iirc)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: good night