New Super Mario Bros. 2 - What do YOU want to see?

Discussion in '3DS - Games & Content' started by ZenZero, Apr 23, 2012.

Apr 23, 2012

ZenZero GBATEMP's regular arse.

Message Count:
    United Kingdom
    So, We know that NSMB2 is coming.. And ive gotta admit, the first 4 Screenshots look pretty similar to the DS game.

So, what would you like to see from the new game?

Personally, I want it to be as long as SM3DL, and feature some new power-ups.
    oh, and I hope that the game looks as good as the wii version..

McHaggis Fackin' Troller

Message Count:
    United Kingdom
    The levels should be a little longer than SM3DL, but I'd also like to see the game have as many power ups (or more) as NSMB Wii. If the main power ups are only Fire Flower, Raccoon Suit/Tanooki and one other (like SM3DL), I'll be disappointed. Super Skills videos should make a return, too, those were awesome.
    1 people like this.

saberjoy New Member

Message Count:
    India
    OH please . sm3dl was not that long, actually it was one of the shortest( it depends on how much time it took you in completing the special worlds)
    I want it to be longer than sm3dl, AND PLEASE MAKE IT A BIT MORE DIFFICULT!. There was absolutely no point of lives in sm3dl. Other than that everything is tried and tested so dont change it much, and yeah i would love dlc worlds :P
    1 people like this.
    • Newcomer

Brionac95 New Member

Message Count:
    Italy
    I hope for a longer game than SM3DL, with a lot of power ups. Also, I hope for local coop and friends-only online co-op. Random online coop would be too lamer IMHO.

Terenigma Terenigma everywhere

Message Count:
    United Kingdom
    It needs to be harder. Mario games are FAR too easy these days, and the new super mario bros hack that someone did for the DS was awesome, a little unforgiving in places but it was way more fun that the official game.

I would also like to see levels that change slightly, not big changes but lets say sometimes enemies spawn in diffrent places, in one run of a level the 1st pipe would take you to a shortcut room, in another playthrough of the same level its the 2nd pipe. I think little changes like that would make my next idea awesome...

Time trials for speed runs of levels, that you can compare online with other people, i think combined with levels that change slightly each time it would make it alot better for competition online for the fastest time.
    2 people like this.

awssk8er New Member

Message Count:
    United States
    As of right now, I am not sure if I even want the game.

I loved the first one, and played a little bit of the Wii version, and they felt pretty much the same.

If they show the game at E3 with a ridiculous good trailer showing off a ton of new things, I'll probably get it. No idea what those new things would have to be.

KazoWAR New Member

Message Count:
    United States
    want to see return of frog and hammer suit along with raccoon suit

insidexdeath New Member

Message Count:
    United Kingdom
    You're looking at upscaled pictures therefore, you shouldn't judge the graphics of the game based on that.

I've seen people complaining about game's graphics when they're only looking at upscaled pictures.
    1 people like this.

Janthran Solarian

Message Count:
    United States
    If there's no multiplayer, there's no me.

paratroopa New Member

Message Count:
    United Kingdom
    I'd like to see the multiplayer from the Wii version make a return.
    Also, scrap Yellow and Blue Toad for Wario and Waluigi.

insidexdeath New Member

Message Count:
    United Kingdom
    Online multiplayer would be interesting.

DiscostewSM New Member

Message Count:
    United States
    I kinda get the feeling that if there will be multiplayer, it would be strictly local with the possible exception of online play with only those on your friend list. The Wii version, while competitive to a point, also involved cooperation. I'd imagine so many jerks simply wanting to get a stiffy by messing you up and not actually play the game.

redfalcon GBATemp Member

Message Count:
    Germany
    Possibility to save after every level. Removal of 1Ups/Lives (pointless anyway, since you get unlimited continues), but overall more difficult levels.

DiscostewSM New Member

Message Count:
    United States
    True for the 1Ups, except maybe in a multiplayer scenario, where one can die, but the game keeps going like with NSMBWii if any more players are still up.

Difficulty-wise, I would also like it more difficult, but they have to take into account that not everyone wants it to be too difficult. They already made strides with the guides things that allows invincibility throughout the level or simply skip to the end. Only thing I could imagine is the frequency of enemies and harmful objects, as the levels themselves would most likely not change.

ZenZero GBATEMP's regular arse.

Message Count:
    United Kingdom
    Ofcourse, but We know the 3DS is capable of nice looking Graphics, so I hope they take the visuals to the levels they have with other titles.

X_XSlashX_X New Member

Message Count:
    United States
    Maybe some kinda difficulty option like easy, normal, hard. If you chose easy then there wouldn't be as many enemies and there would be changes to the level so it would be easier and on like hard there would be harder jumps to make and the hidden coins harder to get or something. That way the game could truly appeal to all gamers. And for added replay value you would have to play through all the difficulties for perhaps special worlds or in-game collectibles. That would make the game much longer.

RupeeClock Colors 3D Snivy!

Message Count:
    United Kingdom
    I'd like if the levels were more open-ended in design flow like NSMB Wii, the DS version kept with being like the original Super Mario Bros in that there's next to no vertical scrolling on a LOT of the levels.

I'm not expecting anything particularly innovative or fresh here, but still something fun to pick up and play.
    1 people like this.

NeoSupaMario GBATemp's Official Stegosaurus

Message Count:
    United States
    The graphics don't look much better than nsmb one. Theyre gonna haft look better for me ta buy it.

mariofanatic64 New Member since 2009

Message Count:
    Australia
    As long as the physics resemble the DS version instead of the Wii version i'll be happy.

mariofanatic64 New Member since 2009

Message Count:
    Australia
    1-Ups are still useful for the 2D Mario games as if you get a Game Over, you have to start the World over again. So the ability to save after every level would kinda be stupid, because there's no challenge in that. But when it comes to the 3D games, I agree. They're pointless.

And yes. More difficult levels.