Gaming New StreetPass Games For 3DS Earned $4 Million In A Month

GamerzHell9137

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Bosnia and Herzegovina
28bf0921f8.jpg

• Recently, Nintendo launched four new games for their StreetPass Mii Plaza on the Nintendo 3DS. Unlike the StreetPass games that came pre-loaded onto the system, the four new games are paid apps, and cost $5 each.
  • Speaking with Tokyo Keizai Online, Nintendo president Satoru Iwata shared that these four games have already turned a tidy profit. In about a single month following their release, the games have generated about $4 million together.
  • Last month, Iwata mentioned that the four StreetPass Mii Plaza games had been purchased by over 200,000 Nintendo 3DS owners.

Bi0Hazrd

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
If there is one thing I would like to have on mobile from Nintendo is that streetpass with the apps on my phone. This would be a great thing to progress.

assassinz

Visoly 512 Flash Advance Linker Xtreme Master!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If there is one thing I would like to have on mobile from Nintendo is that streetpass with the apps on my phone. This would be a great thing to progress.

It's actually better that the 3DS is the mobile gaming console. Phones don't have proper game controls.

chavosaur

Chavo
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Reactions: EZ-Megaman

Corbra1020

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If they realize were giving them alot of money, and there REALLY successful in there digital shopping... i mean what the hell? give us miiverse already

Arras

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Pretty long time to develop an online infrastructure that was announced a year after the consoles launch.
I think the online infrastructure is in place considering the WiiU version works fine, the 3DS side is just not ready. Not integrated with the system and software properly. And they only have access to like 32MB RAM while a game is running or something IIRC.

Clydefrosch

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
its funny how much they earn with basically nothing here. i mean, the games are small and cheap. and the rewards, new hats, i bet it cost at least 10000 yen to design them all.
it was quite a hit when finally, after getting all the hats, they suddenly released new ones and asked for 20€ to be able to spend more time trying to get them.

can you buy them from the plaza even when the eshop is closed off by parental control or something?
i really wondered why they made it an in-plaza purchase and i wonder if maybe, kids went ahead and bought these games when they werent supposed to spend money on them

The Milkman

GBATemp's Official Asshat Milkman
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think the online infrastructure is in place considering the WiiU version works fine, the 3DS side is just not ready. Not integrated with the system and software properly. And they only have access to like 32MB RAM while a game is running or something IIRC.

Ahhh, that explains a bit then.

Arras

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
its funny how much they earn with basically nothing here. i mean, the games are small and cheap. and the rewards, new hats, i bet it cost at least 10000 yen to design them all.
it was quite a hit when finally, after getting all the hats, they suddenly released new ones and asked for 20€ to be able to spend more time trying to get them.

can you buy them from the plaza even when the eshop is closed off by parental control or something?
i really wondered why they made it an in-plaza purchase and i wonder if maybe, kids went ahead and bought these games when they werent supposed to spend money on them
Honestly I'm enjoying all of these games except for Streetpass Battle. Especially Squad is really fun (and kinda hard).

ForteGospel

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

BORTZ

DO NOT SCREENSHOT
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Im starting to see a tread, and if you arent part of japan in the coming future or cant at least read japanese, you arent going to get the best stuff from Nintendo as time goes on. Seeing as street pass works the best in a heavily populated area where people are better accustomed to gaming.

Reactions: EZ-Megaman

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://youtu.be/3eGAHfC5P-Y?si=Fo3iEl1pZ4D_O6dp