Hardware New SD2Vita boards with plastic casing

CMDreamer

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
They fit in the Vita perfectly like a normal Gamecard.
These Chinese Adapters are mostly manufactured with Laser Soldering and they arent tested so it's likely that you will get bad Solderjoints.

The R/W Speeds are probably the same ^^

Thanks for answering.
I can fix the bad solder joints. Might get some to test myself.

wolfmankurd

Trophies
XP
Country
This is nice, I jsut kind of shoved mine into the slot, it would be ideal if they engage the spring loaded mechanism. Cause otherwise I'll be prying mine out with a knife.

Disco

Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
Ok, here's the one I boght: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Version2-0-SD2VITA-PSVSD-Micro-SD-Adapter-for-PS-Vita-Henkaku-3-60-for-All-Cards/112528330193?ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&var=412915828929&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649

It arrived after only 7 days, but I still haven't got the 64gb microSD card (it's Samsung EVO, and I am praying it's not fake :(, payed it 27$ on ebay).

I took a few pics, a comparison with original Vita gamecard, and how it sits in the OLED and slim Vitas. My oled one is legit and on the latest FW, my slim is modded with Enso.
The spring mechanism works as it should, but you have to fiddle a bit to take out the adapter completely (it's like 1-2 seconds of fiddle it left and right while lightly pulling out), also when you put in the sd card (i have one 4gb just for testing, but I didn't set it up on Vita, is there a way to test the adapter without too much work?) you mustn't press it in, you just need to get it to spring in the microSD reader on the adapter (don't know the word for this :D :D).
Because it happens that when you press the adapter to sit in the Vita the mSD will pop out, and then you try to pop in the mSD, the adapter will pop out. So, you need to press it when they are both out, and the they will both sit flush in ;)
It protrudes a tiny bit, and you can't close the gamecard compartment all the way. On the slim it protrudes much less, but on OLED it protrudes quite a bit.
This is only problem if you use hadngrips like I do (on the slim there is no problem with with this, at least for me).
Here are the pics I took:

yidSAxt.jpg

fsN7ovG.jpg

K0vTTaA.jpg

lNTu2J8.jpg

6DeuWfA.jpg

phZ9LGg.jpg

EDIT: And now I tried adapter with 4gb mSD card and it works :D

Last edited by Disco,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: A knuckle sandwich with extra grease.