Hardware New SD card wich doesn't work on 3DS

RandomUser

Rosalina in Plush Form
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Still doesn't work and I don't think this a counterfeit,I bought it in a famous store.
Do you have a known working SD card that you have used in the past (before upgrading to this 16GB one)? If you do, you can try Win32 Disk Imager and make an image from your old SD card, then take that image and write it to your 16GB SD card. After that complete, then you can see if the 3DS will read it. Problem with this method is the partition will be the same size as the original SD card size.

stomp_442

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What brand is the SD card, and if you could link to the page where you bought it so nobody makes the same mistake.

tbb043

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sometimes cards just decide not to work with certain devices. I don't know how or why, but it happens. I had a card that just decided to stop working with my Wii. Works fine with everything else, used to work with the Wii (it's what I used to hack the Wii in the first place), other cards work on the Wii. Try another card, and use this one for something else, that's about where it sounds like you're at, since you've apparently tried everything you should have.

El_Duderino

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Do you have a known working SD card that you have used in the past (before upgrading to this 16GB one)? If you do, you can try Win32 Disk Imager and make an image from your old SD card, then take that image and write it to your 16GB SD card. After that complete, then you can see if the 3DS will read it. Problem with this method is the partition will be the same size as the original SD card size.

Still doesn't work.
What brand is the SD card, and if you could link to the page where you bought it so nobody makes the same mistake.

http://www.fnac.com/PNY-carte-memoire-performance-SDHC-16Go-class-10-30MB-s-UHS-1/a7765756/w-4

Is the little write protect switch thingy down? It has to be up to be able to write to the card.

It's not locked,I already checked.

Sometimes cards just decide not to work with certain devices. I don't know how or why, but it happens. I had a card that just decided to stop working with my Wii. Works fine with everything else, used to work with the Wii (it's what I used to hack the Wii in the first place), other cards work on the Wii. Try another card, and use this one for something else, that's about where it sounds like you're at, since you've apparently tried everything you should have.

Yes I guess this isn't compatible with the 3DS but I can't use this for something else,this isn't a micro SD.Thanks for your answers I will buy a new one,I still have some money in my gift card.

stomp_442

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes I guess this isn't compatible with the 3DS but I can't use this for something else,this isn't a micro SD.Thanks for your answers I will buy a new one,I still have some money in my gift card.

The only brand of sd card I will buy is Sandisk. Sandisk is one of the original companies that developed the SD card, and I never got one that didn't work in any device. The other two companies that help develop the SD card are Matsushita (Panasonic) and Toshiba

Last edited by stomp_442,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    I @ idonthave: :)