New Review: M3 Lite Hardware

Discussion in 'GBAtemp & Scene News' started by shaunj66, Apr 1, 2006.

Apr 1, 2006

New Review: M3 Lite Hardware by shaunj66 at 5:46 PM (13,243 Views / 0 Likes) 10 Comments

• Administrator

shaunj66 GBAtemp's Classy Admin

Message Count:
    United Kingdom

New Review: M3 Lite Hardware Review

New official GBAtemp Review

Here's a new quick review for you lot! A brief look at the new M3 Adapter "Lite" model, or the M3 Slim.
    If you're interested on seeing how it fairs next to other sized carts and how it looks, then check out the review...
    Please feel free to leave comments on this review in this thread.

[IMG]

Also, a new member review has been submitted by Harsky!
    He's upped a nice review of the Viper Extreme. A mod chip for the Nintendo Gamecube. Check out Harsky's review here...
    Thanks Harsky!

Shinji ҉҉ ҉҉

Message Count:
    United States
    Good review on the M3 Lite =P Definately ALOT to cover there, hehe.
    Still reading Harskys review. Keep up the good work y'all.
    • Banned

Scorpin200 Iceman

Message Count:
    United States
    Well it's smaller that's about it, but too bad the compatibility suck there's no point in having something that doesn't do what it supposed to.

reaperman New Member

Message Count:
    compatability sucks?
    I thought M3 was supposed to be great for compatability... Not that I followed it once it came out afterall it was obvious that (size wise) it wasn't going to be the card of choice for GBM users.

Is this finally a replacement for the supercard in my Gameboy micro? I'd pay big bucks for that extra few MM.

have they solved the low save number issues? I remember it had a limited numbers of saves.

Nocturno New Member

Message Count:
    Venezuela
    I think the official name for this one is M3 Slim, M3 Lite is the one with mini sd cards, or maybe that's M3 mini =S

Shinji ҉҉ ҉҉

Message Count:
    United States
    Wait, what? You're telling me that the compatibility sucks on the M3 Lite? I SURE would love to see something with better compatibility than this or SC cause I think those two are on the same level. You should DEFINATELY research something before stating something like that. Or is this your April Fools Day gag on the board. If it is, then good job [IMG]

azndragonguy115 New Member

Message Count:
    United States
    i heard compatibily is bad only on like 2-4 games compare to the CF version. unless your talking homebrew, im confused [IMG]

Harsky Madmin

Message Count:
    United Kingdom
    Since I wrote the review for the Viper Extreme, I managed to get Cobra working.... and it's quite a good bios. Just thought I might add that in.
    • Banned

amptor Banned!

Message Count:
    United States
    Nice they're using micron memory in there, not shitty hynix. If I had hynix ram in ANYTHING I own I'd throw it in the trash (well except the supercard cuz u have to live with it) I moved on to M3 anyway, supercard is a sub-par product.
    • Former Staff

Opium PogoShell it to me ™

Message Count:
    Australia
    Nice reviews shaun and Harsky [IMG] Good job!
    • Former Staff

Lily One Scary Lady

Message Count:
    Canada
    *waves at the troll*

The M3 (if you look at my review) is hands-down the most compatible NDS/GBA kit on the market today. Try it and see, you'll give up on the SuperCard and having to wait for patches to play the newest games.

..and err..nice review. [IMG] Not that there was a whole lot more to talk about. Can't wait for the M3 mini-SD, we'll have a GBAtemp mini review - guess what folks - it's smaller!

SPONSORED LINKS