New Report Says Americans from NY, NJ and Connecticut are Packing and Moving to another State

• Thread starter Saiyan Lusitano
  • Start date
  • Views 2,668
  • Replies 43

lostboysteve

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
People are leaving NJ and NY because they're tired of being told how big their soda should be. People are sick of that shit. It probably also has a lot to do with the fact that you can't protect yourself here. Only the criminals have protection.

What's even more interesting is how Ny and NJ have been lead from opposite ends of the political spectrum and yet have the same bullshit going on. My taxes in central NJ are 22k a year and that's not even the highest in the state. That's a good reason to move.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WeedZ

Possibly an Enlightened Being
Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Honestly, I understand the reasons why. New England is overrated, ridiculously expensive, and the weather sucks. Also, jobs are hard to come by here (especially in teaching, from what I've heard) . Those are perfectly logical reasons to move.

Why do you think Americans moved westward in the first place? Better opportunity.
Just like old england

Alkéryn

Moon Dweller ~
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Yes. Moving from a state inside of the United States of America to another state inside the United States of America will get them away from trump.
Nah but a lot of people mooved to canada for this reason, canada is another state
and the headline don't mention that it have to be an us state

Trophies
Website
harshamohite.com
XP
Country
United States
I have done Western Washington traffic. You can work around it (basically avoid rush hour/rush three hours and you can sail by with visions of sweet scenery). I have done LA traffic. Unless all your journeys are conducted at 4am you are going to suffer it, and you are going to look at the same four buildings copy and pasted for hours. By most accounts same deal for New York and not far off for Chicago.

Also is Starbucks considered good coffee like Americans consider Hersheys not only edible but worthy of being called chocolate?
Yeahhh definitely worse in LA, but the traffic here is compounded by the endless home developments, road work, and new people moving in that's pushed the roads far above their intended population capacity. It's gotten so much worse in the past 5 years.

Starbucks is alright, but I don't go there much. There's some excellent family-owned coffee shops here.

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Yeahhh definitely worse in LA, but the traffic here is compounded by the endless home developments, road work, and new people moving in that's pushed the roads far above their intended population capacity. It's gotten so much worse in the past 5 years.
Come to think of it I have not been there for about that time (I was there last when they took one of the i-90 sections south of Seattle out, news made a big deal of it, even suggesting hotels for people to stay in during the works, and the end result was not a lot during and eh afterwards), and those I know still there don't have the kindest things to say these days (or got motorbikes).
Also yeah I recall a time when there was undeveloped land between Seattle and shoreline. Wonder when the annexation will come.

rileysrjay

Connoisseur of all things Morshu
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Eh, I'll stay here with all my fellow white trash and rednecks in the Northeast Georgia mountains. Some of them may be idiots, but most folks 'round here are friendly and my community is pretty quiet. It's exciting for my town when a new restaurant like Chick-fil-A or Dunkin donuts comes into town if that tells you anything.

Reactions: TotalInsanity4
Trophies
Website
harshamohite.com
XP
Country
United States
Come to think of it I have not been there for about that time (I was there last when they took one of the i-90 sections south of Seattle out, news made a big deal of it, even suggesting hotels for people to stay in during the works, and the end result was not a lot during and eh afterwards), and those I know still there don't have the kindest things to say these days (or got motorbikes).
Also yeah I recall a time when there was undeveloped land between Seattle and shoreline. Wonder when the annexation will come.
I believe that land is being developed right now, and if it isn't, it'll likely be soon. There's a lot of new housing coming up, especially in the suburbs. This past school year, i90 West would have slowdowns all morning because large parts of i90 were being shut down for the development of a new Light Rail line. Many bus routes have been re-routed or cancelled until that's complete. Nearby, there's large months-long road renovations taking place in key collector roads, and the detour routes get choked up quick. What's worse is that the traffic signals aren't programmed for the influx of detourees from the direction they come from and therefore don't prioritize the large surge in traffic, causing even more backup. All of this while new families are moving in by the hundreds and taking to the roads, which were not designed for this large of a population (and hence the long-term road developments; it's a cycle). It's really, really bad.

Last edited by HaloEliteLegend,

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
Also is Starbucks considered good coffee like Americans consider Hersheys not only edible but worthy of being called chocolate?
Lol Starbucks is so gross. There was one in my city for a year or two but they ended up shutting down from not getting enough business :rofl: But it later got replaced by a McDonald's which is thriving :sad:
NYC probably has good coffee, I read an article a little while ago about all the little Australian coffee shops that have popped up around the city.

Viri

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
People are leaving NJ and NY because they're tired of being told how big their soda should be.
Hah, we just got slapped with a pretty steep soda tax this year. Just for the city, not the state. People were bitching like crazy, but those same people will vote the same anyway, so the mayor and city council gives 0 fucks. Pepsi is protesting the tax, no more 2 liter or 12/24 packs are being sold in the city anymore.

Reactions: lostboysteve

sarkwalvein

There's hope for a Xenosaga port.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
What the hell are you talking about? Canada is a country, not a state. It is divided in provinces , not states.
Canada, like Argentina, is a Country, and also a State with a government, and both are also divided in provinces. Just saying.

PS: Just in case, you can find Canada here in this List of sovereign states of the world.

Last edited by sarkwalvein,

Boogieboo6

@realDonaldTrump
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Really ? From where if you don't mind my asking? :)
From NW Indiana. I've been there a couple times, and it was so exciting seeing the big city. I read up about Chicago, and what it was like to live there. I found out that it's a really nice place, with nice people.

spotanjo3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
From NW Indiana. I've been there a couple times, and it was so exciting seeing the big city. I read up about Chicago, and what it was like to live there. I found out that it's a really nice place, with nice people.

Then go for it. I heard a nice things about it too. :)

th3joker

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Op is a fear mongering fake news posting fgt who need to join a fox news forum. I dont come on the temp to see this douches whiney bullshit. I come here to read about gender confused furry children and their messed up lives

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: