Hacking New PS3 on 3.66

LoggerMan

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
So I bought a slim PS3 today with the lofty dream of hacking it. But, it seems it comes preinstalled with 3.66. So, I'm left wondering, what should I do? Should I keep it on 3.66 for now? Or should I update it to 3.72 so I can play online? I'm a little disappointed that I can't hack it, but I mean I probably should have checked to see what the new ones come preinstalled with before buying.

I would really like to play online though.

So, what should I do? I've never hit this wall when going to jailbreak a device and I'm not sure what I should do
frown.gif

Snailface

My frothing demand for 3ds homebrew is increasing
Trophies
Engine Room with Cyan, watching him learn.
XP
Upgrade to 3.72 unless you want to take the risk of hardmodding.

I don't even think that is possible since your system is 3.66 stock. Further, even if 3.72 is cracked it will be almost impossible to be on psn without being banned. Sorry man, it looks like ofw+online is for you. (for now) There's new developments all the time so just upgrade and wait.

Also, keep an eye on this site if you haven't bookmarked it already:
http://psx-scene.com/

LoggerMan

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I have only ever used a soldering iron to burn things for fun, so I won't be hard modding. Ah well, it looks like I will be swapping my discs the old fashioned way. I'll update it now.

qlum

Posting when needed
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
you could also try progskeet which has a solderless version I dont know about its availability. You can still update the firmware as those things will still work with the latest firmware. There also seems to be a solderless version of the E3 flasher.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    NinStar @ NinStar: :whip: