ROM Hack New powersaves 3ds thread

kingaz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I thought changing the Nature, IVs, and Abilities corrupt the PID. So that's why they're not releasing the IV code...

I didn't think that the IVs were related to the PID. I mean, they were in gens 3 and 4 for certain types of Pokemon, but that was sort of a programming accident, IIRC.

Actually, this brings up an interesting point: does the gender code correct the PID?

K1RO

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I didn't think that the IVs were related to the PID. I mean, they were in gens 3 and 4 for certain types of Pokemon, but that was sort of a programming accident, IIRC.

Actually, this brings up an interesting point: does the gender code correct the PID?
I think someone here posted a photo of their Tauros female lol... I'm under the impression that it doesn't.

spoonman54321

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm betting it doesn't but there's a real simple test for that.
Take a pokemon that does have both genders, change the gender using the gender code, then try to use it online. don't use obviously illegal things like a megadad, use like a charizard you changed from male to female. see what happens.

if it works that proves one of two things
A) the gender code DOES fix the PID
OR
B) online play does not check PID

if it does not work then it proves both
A) gender code does not fix PID
AND
B) online play does check PID

I think it's a useful test to run. Anyone have the time?

EDIT: Actually there's a third possibility whether it works or not... it's possible that gender does not affect PID in gen6. We actually don't know what affects it this gen at all do we? I still say it's worth a shot.

IdahoNate153

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Guys stay on topic to Powersaves, if you wanna talk about PIDs, and other non-related Powersave topics, please find somewhere else to go, we don't want another banned topic...

Edit: Also I was wondering if we made a Darkrai(event) shiny with powersaves, could we trade it online?

kingaz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Guys stay on topic to Powersaves, if you wanna talk about PIDs, and other non-related Powersave topics, please find somewhere else to go, we don't want another banned topic...

Edit: Also I was wondering if we made a Darkrai(event) shiny with powersaves, could we trade it online?

We were discussing how a particular Powersaves code works. Apologies to the mods if this was too esoteric or specific for this thread, but it seemed well within the purview of the topic.

As for a the Darkrai event... well, other than being locked from the GTS, I don't think there would be any problem trading it online. It would definitely look hacked.

Kaphotics

badc0ded
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
k, most of you here have no idea how stuff worked in past gens, or how stuff works now.

IVs for Eggs weren't related to PID in gen IV. IVs weren't related to PID besides certain wondercards in gen V. IVs were never checked for legality in any gen by Nintendo.

Saying that "oh they don't do it because of the PID" is completely false. Nature isn't related to PID in gen V.

IVs are painfully simple to edit. Datel can do it in a heartbeat; if they can edit Pokerus and gender, they can edit IVs. But they don't have codes for it. They won't change natures either. Gender isn't related to PID; but that's something so insignificant that Datel allows for it.

If Datel wasn't disallowed from creating an IV mod code (due to whatever forces like internal policy) they would have done so a long time ago. Same goes for other easy high-impact codes like Lati@site or Nature mods.

Plus, it's not really cool to go online with hacks against unknowing players. IV and nature mods can certainly have an impact -- good on Datel for keeping their Powersaves stuff single-player oriented.

Reactions: cearp

MjnMixael

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm betting it doesn't but there's a real simple test for that.
Take a pokemon that does have both genders, change the gender using the gender code, then try to use it online. don't use obviously illegal things like a megadad, use like a charizard you changed from male to female. see what happens.

if it works that proves one of two things
A) the gender code DOES fix the PID
OR
B) online play does not check PID

if it does not work then it proves both
A) gender code does not fix PID
AND
B) online play does check PID

I think it's a useful test to run. Anyone have the time?

EDIT: Actually there's a third possibility whether it works or not... it's possible that gender does not affect PID in gen6. We actually don't know what affects it this gen at all do we? I still say it's worth a shot.

That test won't really tell us anything. If it works, then we don't know whether it was because of Powersaves or not. If it doesn't work.. well.. we still don't know if it was because of Powersaves or not.

And YAY. Now people are so paranoid about the Powersaves thread being locked that we are being warned not to talk about how Powersaves codes actually work. That's good moderating right there.

Bond697

Dies, died, will die.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
them not wanting to provide a means of editing IVs has literally nothing to do with not being allowed to or not knowing how to, because they certainly do. they don't want to affect online play in that way. i was told that straight from the horse's mouth by someone from datel.

Simon Blackquill

Trophies
XP
Country
them not wanting to provide a means of editing IVs has literally nothing to do with not being allowed to or not knowing how to, because they certainly do. they don't want to affect online play in that way. i was told that straight from the horse's mouth by someone from datel.

Well they are already doing it with hacked Rotoms, Florges and unreleased abilities. Hypocrites.

Reactions: KenoDB

aos10

Yuuki chan
Trophies
XP
Country
Saudi Arabia
As for a the Darkrai event... well, other than being locked from the GTS, I don't think there would be any problem trading it online. It would definitely look hacked.
you can , Darkrai isn't shiny locked from the beginning
i made some shiny and wonder trade them

MrBlacky

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Hey guys.
I really wanna know if there are any other Codes or Powersaves for the EU game from Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate?
Sorry my english is not really good ;)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    LeoTCK @ LeoTCK: yes for nearly a month i was officially a wanted fugitive, until yesterday when it ended