ROM Hack New powersaves 3ds thread

DunnoBro

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
equipment works like KIU weapons as in the same equipment can have different stats. We need equip stat modifier codes for that.

They can't just make them with set qualities? TOs and competitive people want them all to be the same or everyone have access to the same ones anyway.

Or maybe a code that unloads a ton of equipment on you all at once? Anything that makes getting equipment easier would be a huge help.

Daniel Sahr

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi, I wanted to propose an idea. How about anytime someone comes up with a cool or interesting idea for a new code we will all send a message in the code request form to let Datel know that lots of people want a code! I had an idea for a starter. How about we ask them for a SSB3DS code for all trophies and maxing out all records (which would essentially unlock everything). We could also mention a Equipment and Badges code/modifier as well as an all challenges complete code. I think this would be a great way to express the codes we would like to see.

detroitwillfall

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I’m sceptical of the whole “Nintendo threatened Datel with legal action” thing. There are several things that don’t add up. The glaring one being – why now? Datel have been releasing these sort of products for nearly a couple of decades. I used to sell Mews when I was about nine years old in the nineties. I’ve used Datel cheating devices on every generation so far, and got tonnes of unreleased/unannounced things. So why suddenly would Nintendo object? Why didn’t they use whatever powers they’ve apparently used now, back then? I’ve always thought that legally, Nintendo couldn’t touch Datel.

I would be inclined to believe that Datel have finally relented and agreed to be more conservative when allowing people to access things in the games. They took down all the unreleased stuff suddenly, and it all pointed to that. But why have they put the Latiosite/Latiasite back up? They haven’t been announced officially at all, let alone released.

It doesn't connect to your 3DS, so it doesn't matter which one you use. Use whatever codes you like, I've had no problem with any wondercard ones. But remember not to go over the top - don't tick more than a few boxes and try and do loads all at once. Try and add two or three codes at most each time.
thankyou!

will my file system be ok if i make a backup first? then for whatever reason it corrupts it can be reloaded/recovered?

also does the website update their codes for X or do i have to search on here or 3rd party for the updated codes

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Hi, I wanted to propose an idea. How about anytime someone comes up with a cool or interesting idea for a new code we will all send a message in the code request form to let Datel know that lots of people want a code! I had an idea for a starter. How about we ask them for a SSB3DS code for all trophies and maxing out all records (which would essentially unlock everything). We could also mention a Equipment and Badges code/modifier as well as an all challenges complete code. I think this would be a great way to express the codes we would like to see.
iirc the trophies etc that are unlocked are stored on the SD card, so would probably be using similar protection as eshop games making "all trophies" style codes not possible

TrunksSSJ23

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Beware of the unlock all panels and challenge panel 1 complete codes for SSB 4. They crashed my game when unlocking panels that I didn't already have. Good thing Powersaves backs up your data beforehand.

katiegurl1223

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi! I have a quick question. How come every time I try to load up a save it stops on server process and says, "An error has occurred trying to process your game file"? I have checked the website and everything is up and running. Is there any way to fix this? Is it my game, or is it the product?

kelvintoogood

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I'm a total noob on this subject so I have some questions

I have Gateway with my 3DS. I have a legitimate cartridge of Smash for 3ds(which i have also backed up and use it to play with the cartridge always in its case). I'm planning on buying a Powersaves dongle to unlock stuff for the game but before I do that, how do I make it work with Gateway? As in, how do I make it work with my .3ds/.3dz since Gateway saves data differently than normal 3DS(putting the .sav files on the root of the sd card). The reason I ask is because i distribute saves with friends from time to time and would like to know if the new save with unlocked stuff can be swapped with other people(of course, assuming they have the same header and stuff).

So in the end my goal is to be able to have others who have Gateway, and the same game with same header have the same save as me

If possible, what are the steps I need to take in order to make this work? Much appreciated!​

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
So I'm a total noob on this subject so I have some questions​
I have Gateway with my 3DS. I have a legitimate cartridge of Smash for 3ds(which i have also backed up and use it to play with the cartridge always in its case). I'm planning on buying a Powersaves dongle to unlock stuff for the game but before I do that, how do I make it work with Gateway? As in, how do I make it work with my .3ds/.3dz since Gateway saves data differently than normal 3DS(putting the .sav files on the root of the sd card). The reason I ask is because i distribute saves with friends from time to time and would like to know if the new save with unlocked stuff can be swapped with other people(of course, assuming they have the same header and stuff).​
So in the end my goal is to be able to have others who have Gateway, and the same game with same header have the same save as me​
If possible, what are the steps I need to take in order to make this work? Much appreciated!​
won't work any 6.x+ games played on gateway will not work with powersaves, gateway uses different 6.x save encryption which powersaves will not work with (or retail updated consoles for that matter)

kelvintoogood

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
won't work any 6.x+ games played on gateway will not work with powersaves, gateway uses different 6.x save encryption which powersaves will not work with (or retail updated consoles for that matter)

Hmm I understand. Then one more scenario question. If I were to use Gateway to rip the save from a retail cart that used Powersaves, would the save not work with the dump made from that same cart?

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Hmm I understand. Then one more scenario question. If I were to use Gateway to rip the save from a retail cart that used Powersaves, would the save not work with the dump made from that same cart?
nope, for the same reason, gateway uses alternate 6.x save encryption.....so 6.x+ saves made on a updated console wont work with gateway

kelvintoogood

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
nope, for the same reason, gateway uses alternate 6.x save encryption.....so 6.x+ saves made on a updated console wont work with gateway

Alright I understand this area a little better now. Thanks for the info!

gamesquest1 eh my apologies for another question but I'm assuming this works. But just to be safe I want to ask. If I put powersaves on a legit cart and play classic mode, I should have no problems right? or does the same 6.x+ encryption issue apply?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @Psionic Roshambo, Thats pretty cool.